It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: VivreLibre

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
As an outsider from the UK, i think you should be able to keep your guns, of course securely locked up till a threat comes your way.

Over here were aloud guns just not in the same capacity, merely for hunting and shooting range etc, with proper licences or we'd get locked up, guess that's the same in the US?

But of course we in the UK don't need guns "yet" as I've never seen any threats around me ever, but that's our situation not yours.

Just remember

While our government tries to take our guns, that same government is supplying military grade weaponry to people in countries such as Syria so they can fight against an oppressive government (or so we are led to believe).

The hypocrisy is astounding. Gun rights are there for a reason. Every government is vulnerable to corruption and always leans toward tyranny, which is why the government must always be afraid of the people (not the other way around).

I understand it's a different culture in the UK, where you all still have loyalty to royal bloodlines and your country spent a long time basically ruling large parts of the world. Ours is still young and our bloody past is not that far gone so it is deeply ingrained in our cultures to EXPECT that the government will turn on the people.

The data also does not support gun control at all. Just look at different studies done on countries and individual cities with heavy gun control. It's garbage. It doesn't work. (though more money spent improving police forces have shown to work many times over to reduce violent crime, no one wants to talk about that because it doesn't invoke fear or emotionally charged responses).

I'm in the UK and I'm pretty sure I don't have any loyalty to royal bloodlines.

In terms of reducing deaths by firearm use then yes gun control does work. Every country in Western Europe has tighter gun laws than the US and every country in Western Europe has far less gun deaths. There are good arguments than can be made against gun control but in terms of reducing deaths it does work.

Data doesn't support whatever opinion you got from whoever you got it from about gun control.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

As an outsider from the UK, i think you should be able to keep your guns, of course securely locked up till a threat comes your way.

Over here were aloud guns just not in the same capacity, merely for hunting and shooting range etc, with proper licences or we'd get locked up, guess that's the same in the US?

But of course we in the UK don't need guns "yet" as I've never seen any threats around me ever, but that's our situation not yours.

Just remember

While our government tries to take our guns, that same government is supplying military grade weaponry to people in countries such as Syria so they can fight against an oppressive government (or so we are led to believe).

The hypocrisy is astounding. Gun rights are there for a reason. Every government is vulnerable to corruption and always leans toward tyranny, which is why the government must always be afraid of the people (not the other way around).

I understand it's a different culture in the UK, where you all still have loyalty to royal bloodlines and your country spent a long time basically ruling large parts of the world. Ours is still young and our bloody past is not that far gone so it is deeply ingrained in our cultures to EXPECT that the government will turn on the people.

The data also does not support gun control at all. Just look at different studies done on countries and individual cities with heavy gun control. It's garbage. It doesn't work. (though more money spent improving police forces have shown to work many times over to reduce violent crime, no one wants to talk about that because it doesn't invoke fear or emotionally charged responses).

In terms of reducing deaths by firearm use then yes gun control does work. Every country in Western Europe has tighter gun laws than the US and every country in Western Europe has far less gun deaths. There are good arguments than can be made against gun control but in terms of reducing deaths it does work.

Data doesn't support whatever opinion you got from whoever you got it from about gun control.

US has most guns in private hands per capita in Western world. US has most gun deaths per capita in Western world. Which bit of the data have I got wrong?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Just remember

US has most guns in private hands per capita in Western world. US has most gun deaths per capita in Western world. Which bit of the data have I got wrong?

Wow

You actually are proud of being ignorant, aren't you?

I know this will probably fly over your head, but have a try anyway

www2.stat.duke.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Just remember

Wow

www2.stat.duke.edu...

Well insults certainly convince me of the strength of your argument.....

Should probably point out that i work with stats for a living so posting a random paper that appears to be aimed at undergraduate students in non mathematical discipline dosent really scare me.

The evidence that there is a direct relationship between private gun ownership and gun deaths is overwhelming.

As I said there are good arguments that can be made against gun control. That it dosent reduce deaths is not one of them. (Frankly arguing thst less guns would not reduce gun deaths seems to require a particular level if disconnection from reality).

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Just remember

Wow

www2.stat.duke.edu...

Should probably point out that i work with stats for a living so posting a random paper that appears to be aimed at undergraduate students in non mathematical discipline dosent really scare me.

The evidence that there is a direct relationship between private gun ownership and gun deaths is overwhelming.

As I said there are good arguments that can be made against gun control. That it dosent reduce deaths is not one of them. (Frankly arguing thst less guns would not reduce gun deaths seems to require a particular level if disconnection from reality).

And what do you want to accomplish, exactly?

Do you have ANY data to refute the studies done that say you are wrong? If not, then you are choosing to be ignorant of the truth. That is a choice you are making right now.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Unless 1/2 your armed group refuses to comply and goes after those who don't.
A failing in your logic perhaps?
Or the delusions of a vicious American Patriot ?
It is academic, if push comes to shove YOU are out of a fight and vulnerable.
WE CAN'T do that because THOSE like you, NEED us to BE this way, to haul your asses out of a mess.
When is the last time a world military effort was led by a native Scot anyway?
edit on 10-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Just remember

Wow

www2.stat.duke.edu...

Do you have ANY data to refute the studies done that say you are wrong? If not, then you are choosing to be ignorant of the truth. That is a choice you are making right now.

So, just a side observation ... only the studies that have outcomes that you prefer (supported by the gun lobby perhaps) are to be taken seriously?

That doesn't seem a bit one-sided to you?

Hmm. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Just remember

Wow

www2.stat.duke.edu...

So, just a side observation ... only the studies that have outcomes that you prefer (supported by the gun lobby perhaps) are to be taken seriously?

That doesn't seem a bit one-sided to you?

Hmm. Carry on.

Which one are you referring to exactly? I'm talking about that poster presenting data to support their claim (something you also have trouble with, hmm) and refute the data that proves them wrong.

But nothing will stop you from using your liberal logic to spew ignorance. Continue to parrot whatever opinion someone told you to have instead of trying to understand the issue on your own. Same old thing from you every time you post. You are the one using biased information to support your opinion. You fail to take into consideration all of the variables because those variables don't suit the opinion you choose to adopt.
edit on 10-7-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

What studies would they be? You are asking me to refute something you haven't provided.

You seem very agitated. I simply pointed out that Western countries with lower private gun ownership have less gun deaths (which seems pretty obvious). Would you like to offer any evidence to the contrary.
edit on 10-7-2016 by ScepticScot because: Darn spell chick

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Unless 1/2 your armed group refuses to comply and goes after those who don't.
A failing in your logic perhaps?
Or the delusions of a vicious American Patriot ?
It is academic, if push comes to shove YOU are out of a fight and vulnerable.
WE CAN'T do that because THOSE like you, NEED us to BE this way, to haul your asses out of a mess.
When is the last time a world military effort was led by a native Scot anyway?

My STATEMENT was that Western countries with LESS private gun OWNERSHIP have less gun DEATHS. (See I can use random words in capitals to).

Not really sure how your reply in anyway relates to that. And franky bafled by your last question.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What studies would they be? You are asking me to refute something you haven't provided.

You seem very agitated. I simply pointed out that Western countries with lower private gun ownership have less gun deaths (which seems pretty obvious). Would you like to offer any evidence to the contrary.

That's what I thought

You made a claim with no proof (as usual) and I asked for it. Now you say you don't have any but it's my responsibility to do it for you.

Also did you know that countries with less tigers have fewer tiger related deaths? I wonder why. It's very surprising.
edit on 10-7-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's what I thought

You made a claim with no proof (as usual) and I asked for it. Now you say you don't have any but it's my responsibility to do it for you.

Also did you know that countries with less tigers have fewer tiger related deaths? I wonder why. It's very surprising.

You made the claim, it is what I replied to.

It's just on page 3 if you have forgot.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Compare that to population numbers and you MIGHT get your answer .
BESIDES, Chicago is being POLITICALLY kept in carnage and YOU don't see it...
AGAIN MY country leads YOUR country in warfare.
So glad you can ENUNCIATE like a warrior...so many mumble...
You haven't sufficient knowledge ,history or skills in the field I couldn't care if you were SAS ,unless you were INTELLIGENCE then you haven't got the American picture on guns, not to mention YOU are still a SUBJECT,we fight naturally at that notion our aggression is more developed than yours..guess how we got it...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I carry mine, and I'm never on edge and ready to shoot. That's rather a stupid way to live.

I haven't even had to think about drawing it since I got my CC permit.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Compare that to population numbers and you MIGHT get your answer .
BESIDES, Chicago is being POLITICALLY kept in carnage and YOU don't see it...
AGAIN MY country leads YOUR country in warfare.
So glad you can ENUNCIATE like a warrior...so many mumble...
You haven't sufficient knowledge ,history or skills in the field I couldn't care if you were SAS ,unless you were INTELLIGENCE then you haven't got the American picture on guns, not to mention YOU are still a SUBJECT,we fight naturally at that notion our aggression is more developed than yours..guess how we got it...

There are many things you country seems to lead on. Gun deaths, racial violence, infant mortality and apparently lack of understanding of the meaning of per capita.

However posts that go on about being a warrior while randomly hitting caps lock between words are exactly the kind that reassure me about the benefits of wide spread gun ownership...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I have trouble with posting facts to backup what I claim?

LOL .. that's just a load of hooey.

I see that you wish to waffle when called on your bad logic. You cited studies that show different outcomes from the ones Scot posted.

Of course you believe yours. There is no "liberal logic" and I have pointed out your own fallacies and nothing more.

You're the only one quite obviously evangelizing from a political agenda; I only pointed out your mistake.

Stay Calm and Carry On.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

GOOD now enjoy your Brexit situation...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Legitimate question.

Why does America still need guns?

Don't just say second amendment to bear arms.

Possibly to one day overthrow your gov from NWO?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

It's an individual choice. Which is, indeed, protected by the Second Amendment.

You don't want one, fine. Don't have one.

I own for a variety of reasons. I hunt. I target shoot/plink. I enjoy reloading and experimenting with various things involved in reloading. I just plain enjoy the time

I also own for self-defense. I own two guns for the express purpose, and I pray nearly daily, that I never, ever have to use them for that purpose. Against the govt.? Unlikely, though, I suppose, possible with the current trend of govt. involvement in every aspect of life getting so bloody annoying/angering. But against someone who wants to hurt me, or mine, such as a burglar, or someone out to hurt me for some odd reason--can't imagine why, I'm actually a very nice guy...that's what my handguns are for. One I carry, and one lives in my desk drawer.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

It's an individual choice. Which is, indeed, protected by the Second Amendment.

You don't want one, fine. Don't have one.

I own for a variety of reasons. I hunt. I target shoot/plink. I enjoy reloading and experimenting with various things involved in reloading. I just plain enjoy the time

I also own for self-defense. I own two guns for the express purpose, and I pray nearly daily, that I never, ever have to use them for that purpose. Against the govt.? Unlikely, though, I suppose, possible with the current trend of govt. involvement in every aspect of life getting so bloody annoying/angering. But against someone who wants to hurt me, or mine, such as a burglar, or someone out to hurt me for some odd reason--can't imagine why, I'm actually a very nice guy...that's what my handguns are for. One I carry, and one lives in my desk drawer.

Perfectly straight forward answer,,what i was hoping for.

I myself used to use my uncle's guns, mainly scoped rifles and Walter PPk/Desert Eagle.50ae, both over/under and side by side shotguns,, until he sold the lot and moved away...Used to go target practice, hunting and clay pigeon shooting etc.

I do love reloading a desert eagle not done that since i was 14-15 yo (now i'm 29),,I personally don't need one in my life (in Scotland) although I've got a gun shop in town i could easily buy a shotgun or rifle even handguns if i wanted to just need a licence/a legitimate reason to own one.
edit on 10-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join