It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's an individual choice. Which is, indeed, protected by the Second Amendment.

Thank you thank you.

I agree. It's an individual choice! There is nothing to debate why laws biding citizens shouldn't own guns period. It is a Constitutional right.

I agree, if people don't want firearms then don't buy one.

Most of my friends don't own guns, however they have no problems about other people owning firearms.

The problem here is the Second Amendment is under attack, I have watched in the last twenty years of our politicians chipping away as much, and as fast as they can on the Second Amendment, to the point that it is getting very difficult for law biding citizens to obtain guns.

Now the government has lists of registered gun owners and now if you want to buy ammunition, specially in CA, you are put on a second list and you have to go through a background check every single time you need to buy ammunition.

I have no problem with the FBI doing background checks on gun buyers, I think that is a good thing. However I believe there are enough gun laws on the books that already need enforcing.

If a person is deemed mentally ill, I believe that individual should not own any firearms.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Now the government has lists of registered gun owners and now if you want to buy ammunition, specially in CA, you are put on a second list and you have to go through a background check every single time you need to buy ammunition.

Not going to disagree as this is quite cogent but life isn't static. People change. Remember when we loved Bill Cosby?

If a person is deemed mentally ill, I believe that individual should not own any firearms.

Herein lies the problem. How do you do that without people screaming that it's infringement?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

It not hard exactly... It is harder than it needs to be. Semantics, perhaps, but it's how I see it.

There are already more than sufficient laws to ensure the wrong folks don't get guns legally. Illegally, there's not a whole to be done. I can drive 45 minutes west of here, and purchase for a minimal amount, almost any sort of firearm below an RPG.

Given some of the choices? I've been tempted more than once to do just that. Goodness, me, the selection is quite impressive at times.

No number of laws is ever going to end illegal firearms on the black market.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Again I ask.... what's the solution?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Solution to what?

Illegal guns? There isn't one. There is no one size fits all solution for illegal weapons. They can only be taken off the street when found. ...and by the time they are? Ten, or more, have been stolen and place, or just placed, on the black market.

As for the wrong folks, such as mentally ill, getting their hands on one? Tightening the mental health nets would be a start...but there you run head long into, what constitutes mental illness?

As I said, there's no one size fits all "solution"...any one who claims there is isn't looking in the right place.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I know the remedy....err on the side of liberty and the few slip through, that is the baseline we started with....sorta, huh!....aor maybe ....it's a fallen world ( I don't like that phrase )..... reply to: intrepid

edit on 10-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Solution to what?

Illegal guns? There isn't one. There is no one size fits all solution for illegal weapons. They can only be taken off the street when found. ...and by the time they are? Ten, or more, have been stolen and place, or just placed, on the black market.

But you said there was enough laws on the books to deal with this. Which is it?

As for the wrong folks, such as mentally ill, getting their hands on one? Tightening the mental health nets would be a start...but there you run head long into, what constitutes mental illness?

Exactly. Stalemate and nothing is resolved. The status quo remains.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No number of laws is ever going to end illegal firearms on the black market.

Absolutely, I agree.

Even if Congress is able to pass the one major law of banning all guns in America, they will never be able to stop the Black Markets.

Well, there is one way they can stop all Black Markets and that will be the day when the Feds change all our currencies to digital currency, and eliminating all paper monies altogether. This is in the works as I am typing this, just don't know how much time we have.

With digital currency, every transaction will be traceable, no hiding currency in a tin can any longer. I believe this will shut down all Black Markets around the globe.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

People that call for gun control are completely out of the loop. Crime has been consistently going down in this country, along with most of our other social issues that we face. We are evolving as a country, and the power players are doing everything they can to hold us back. They want us to believe that crazy people are running around shooting people on a mass scale. They want us to believe that there is massive amounts of racism and homophobia. They portray us all exactly how they want us to behave in the msm.

So what do people do, instead of going with our evolution and embracing the most civilized point in American history? Protest in the streets against the wrong things. Call for restrictions on our uniquely American freedoms. They beg for bigger government and more wars. They cry to revoke freedom of speech. The list goes on.

When the media and the politicians want something, it is NOT for our benefit. It is for the benefit of the controllers at the top.

When they see you begging for gun control, they laugh, because they know they have you right where they want you. They act concerned, step away from the podium, and then privately insult you while laughing all the way to the bank.

And I love the people from the U.K. that make fun of American gun laws. You cowards have cameras EVERYWHERE. Your police state is sitting in your lap. Pay your TV tax and shut up about my freedom. Hah. TV tax.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Orionx2

Doesn't matter gun death have been reduced or that removing all the major gang banger deaths would put the USA in line with other countries that limit guns.
People hear gun and piss themselves and want it banned. Just how it is.

Very few people on the side of "gun control" want all guns banned or confiscated.

Yet, the one or two that do are expanded to cosmic proportions by the gun lobby and its sycophants and that's the mantra that gets repeated, no matter how many times those in favor of gun controls say differently.

/shrug

Not seeing this in many peoples comments on various news websites.

That's about as close to a zero-content comment as I've seen. Which websites, which comments?

You're waving your hand at nothing and saying "see!" ...

Let's just take those who argue for various levels of gun control on ATS then. Have you seen even one of them call for a complete gun ban or confiscation?

www.youtube.com...

I wasn't aware that the UN was a member of ATS.

To your evidence, there is no call there for universal gun confiscation or gun banning. There are many gun advocates that agree that there should be limitations on high-power/rapid shot weapons (I am not one of them) but that is STILL not a gun ban or confiscation.

Sorry, did not read most of your post. Anyway who cares what ATS thinks... it is like 10 individual people....

Uhm ... well, if you don't "care about what ATS thinks" ... why are you posting here?

Followup: So, not to kick a dead horse ... but you have absolutely zero backup for your claim that most people in favor of gun control laws are seeking universal confiscation or banning ... just to be clear.

As far as gun confiscation the minimal people on ATS mean jack squat. However the UN has influence over the government. Especially an anti gun government.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

OK. I'm asking the members here. Who has lost a gun because the government took it from them? Not the past 8 years..... EVER!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

OK. I'm asking the members here. Who has lost a gun because the government took it from them? Not the past 8 years..... EVER!!!!!

You are to stuck on the past. Think future.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't deal in fear.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well I don't live in California I wouldn't KNOW.
THE REST of the country would shoot them for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well I don't live in California I wouldn't KNOW.

Neither do I. I'm Canadian.

THE REST of the country would shoot them for that.

For not taking their guns? Ya might want to reread what I said.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

They ARE proceeding to take guns...didn't you get the memo?
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Your source:

Gun control legislation going into effect in California next week will allow authorities to seize a person’s weapons for 21 days if a judge determines there is potential for violence.

Got a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I don't deal in fear.

Fear? lol... Me either. I have my protection and will use it when needed. Your agenda is clear though. Hope you get paid well.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
This bears repeating, and can not be quoted enough.

"One thing is clear — punishing the law-abiding firearms owners in the U.S. and the federally-regulated firearms and ammunition industry for the criminal acts of terrorists and madmen cannot be justified by data."

Stop treating over 330 million Americans like they are TERRORISTS, and push draconian laws like the PATRIOT ACT to justify authoritarianism.

So it's only when it comes to guns that this should apply? If you listen to people like Trump you can lump all brown people into one because of the actions of a few. Interesting how different logic is applied by some for different issues. Thus NO logic imo.

That was an incredibly poor attempt at a digressive, Red Herring argument; for that I give you a... 'golf clap'

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If they give them back...no.
I WANT to hear about it ...because they won't,it's California !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join