It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open for business, Noah's Ark, complete with... dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Noah's ark, complete with dinosaurs, ready to open in Kentucky.

WILLIAMSTOWN, Ky. — A 510-foot-long, $100 million Noah's ark attraction built by Christians who say the biblical story really happened is ready to open in Kentucky this week.

Since its announcement in 2010, the ark project has rankled opponents who say the attraction will be detrimental to science education and shouldn't have won state tax incentives.

"I believe this is going to be one of the greatest Christian outreaches of this era in history," said Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis, the ministry that built the ark.

The group believes that God created everything about 6,000 years ago — man, dinosaur and everything else — so dinosaurs still would've been around at the time of Noah's flood. Scientists say dinosaurs died out about 65 million years before man appeared.

An ark opponent who leads an atheist group called the Tri-State Freethinkers said the religious theme park will be unlike any other in the nation because of its rejection of science.

"Basically, this boat is a church raising scientifically illiterate children and lying to them about science," said Jim Helton, who lives about a half-hour from the ark.

A $100 million??? Goddamn!

I mean, gosh darnit.

But that is a lot of money.

Pretty sure Jesus would agree that the money could have been spent on much better things, like feeding and clothing the poor and disabled but what do I know.

Does look kinda epic tho. Wonder if it can float?

So they acknowledge dinosaurs but believe that they existed and were created along with humans, about 6,000 years ago.

In-ter-das-ting.

edit on 5-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

One hundred million dollars! On this theme park attraction?

Wow. what a waste.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There's a special place in hell for people like Ken Ham.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

you can get a single ticket to the ark or a double ticket that gets you into the ark.......and the creationism museum...also built by this knucklehead

so I heard on KGO radio today that before ,this there was an ark being built in Tennessee, but it was flooded (no joke)
edit on 5-7-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Okay.

So the dinosaurs died... after the flood, now?

Creationists just get dumber and dumber -- every time I hear something about them it's a new issue of absolute stupidity.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A $100 million??? Goddamn! I mean, gosh darnit. But that is a lot of money. Pretty sure Jesus would agree that the money could have been spent on much better things, like feeding and clothing the poor and disabled but what do I know.

Apparently nobody told them about VR.

This would have been an epic VR experience that could have given you the same visual impact and even better experience with more features and then fed the poor with the left over $99000000

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Abso-frickin-lutely ridiculous.

How... But, wha... why? Seriously???

/headdesk

edit on 5-7-2016 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilovemygreatdanes
How... But, wha... why? Seriously???

...in Kentucky this week...

edit on 5-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No amount of money is too much if it gets people to think that dinosaurs were killed in the flood.

Although I don't see why they would be a feature of the Ark because they were not on it. So is it safe to use the word propaganda?

If you read the Book or Enoch, which I highly doubt over the top Christians like this do, you will find descriptions of cross bred monster like animals and don't need to worry about dinosaurs because it's already a part of the story.

I don't see why they don't just canonize it and put the 100 million towards feeding people and developing diplomatic relations with Islam so we can stop killing each other.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

So the dinosaurs died... after the flood, now?

From the looks of things, they may have died out on the boat. Look at that lifeless heap.

That's some grade-A chicken wire Noah's working with there, though.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LMAO!!

The Ham strikes again!

And hunamity's intelligence drops another notch

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Bill Hicks bit on dinosaurs in the Bible...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't want people to tell me how to spend my money but 100 million.....Jesus must be proud!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hehehe Ken Ham.

Is there a giant Peanut Butter jar dedicated to Chuck Missler as well?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

A $100 million??? Goddamn!

I mean, gosh darnit.

But that is a lot of money.

Pretty sure Jesus would agree that the money could have been spent on much better things, like feeding and clothing the poor and disabled but what do I know.

How are the people who received that $100 million gonna make any money on this little entertainment show then? Or those who will charge entrance fees, drinks, food, and memorabilia (or souvenirs from the souvenir shop).

2 Corinthians 2:15,16:

For to God we are a sweet fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16 to the latter ones an odor of death leading to death, to the former ones a fragrance of life leading to life. And who is adequately qualified for these things? 17 We are, for we are not peddlers of* [Or “not commercializing; not making profit from.”] the word of God as many men are, but we speak in all sincerity as sent from God, yes, in the sight of God and in company with Christ.

Unlike certain other people...
Should You Be Charged for Religious Services? Awake!—2010

IN MANY lands, leaders of professed Christian religions and non-Christian religions charge a fee for religious services. These services may include baptisms, weddings, or funerals. The charge can run into hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

Some clergy are on government payrolls for performing ceremonial and pastoral duties and for opening daily legislative sessions with prayer. Such functions may be appreciated, and churches have operating expenses to meet. But does the Bible support such customs of charging for religious services or even of making people feel obligated to pay?

“A House of Merchandise”?

When Jesus Christ was on earth, Jewish religious officials and others used religious occasions as opportunities for profit, particularly during Passover. Did Jesus view this practice favorably? No! In fact, the Bible tells us that “he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.” He said: “Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!”—John 2:14-16.

A similar situation occurred in the time of the prophet Micah, who lived during the eighth century B.C.E. Israel’s religious leaders, the Bible reports, ‘detested justice,’ and the priests ‘instructed just for a price.’ Yet, at the same time, they professed divine backing, saying: “Is not Jehovah in the midst of us?” (Micah 3:9, 11) But Jehovah God was not in their midst as a supporter. Instead, he detested their conduct and made that abundantly clear through his prophet.

Today many religious leaders resort to the same greedy tactics, thus making their places of worship ‘houses of merchandise.’ In fact, religious organizations as a whole engage in commerce, often doing a booming trade selling icons and countless other forms of religious paraphernalia.—1 John 5:21.

And highly priced construction projects apparently...

Here's another option, volunteer work by motivated people who aren't paid at all, they might try that on the highways near my town for a change, they've been busy for months on the same piece of track, reminds me of the movie "Falling Down" and what Michael Douglas said about it:

edit on 6-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The ark is a great work of art. I'd love to visit someday.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The arks directions in the Bible make it impossible to be the shape this group has made it out to be.

Sorry, but Noah's ark looked more like a giant coffin a d rectangular box with three floors in it and a door in its side and a window on top. It didn't need to sail the seven seas it only needed to float until the waters assuaged.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Excellent point!

Still though, what the heck.

Jesus would be sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Good point. I never thought about it that way. It didn't need to go anywhere, just stay afloat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join