It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Narrow Gate and the Road Few Find

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

He has gone for the moment to register a new ATS account so when this one gets banned he can continue as he has since last Dec under the name Lastdays, he has been under a dozen since then and will continue.

link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

They (the errant translations of men) also attribute to Lucifer to be the morning star in Isaiah. And remove the truth of the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost being one in 1 John 5, and translate the heaven to heavens is Genesis 1:1.

Yes, it's a ton. What Isaiah says is "O shining one, son of the morning". Erasmus changed that in the Latin Vulgate to the perversion we have now attributing a title Christ uses for Himself.

link   
I find it amazing that you all are arguing stopped on "the path-road"...when you should continue forward on each's individual journey.

It would seem to me both sides dont get it. A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the 1st step...whereas, you guys bickering? Youve stopped completely to argue....

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy
Jesus told his disciples he was going to die and rise three days after.

What do you suppose that death was for?

There are two answers to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I find it amazing that you all are arguing stopped on "the path-road"...when you should continue forward on each's individual journey.

It would seem to me both sides dont get it. A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the 1st step...whereas, you guys bickering? Youve stopped completely to argue....

You're amazed pretty easily then. Lol

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The preserved word of God syas,

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

All other versions are perversions of the Alexandrian text line and not of the MSS line.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My Journey is complete in Christ. You may continue on the wide way.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Add yourself to either side. You are just a spectator at least we are ok with discussion which is the point of this website.

Plus I don't feel like you are even on point. Because I am not off point and not arguing. I am just presenting Gospel truth to an audience that doesn't want to hear it.

But it beats being a spectator who is keen to announce his own "superiority."
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Jesus told his disciples he was going to die and rise three days after.

What do you suppose that death was for?

There are two answers to it.

Heck, the gospel Jesus shares is right there in John chapter 3. It's simple.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Why do people have to take the simplicity of the good news, the gospel, and make it hard? Jesus died for us, TRUST HIM! Lol

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wombocracy, Jesus tells us himself that he is the "gate" which leads to the narrow path...

John 10:1-9

1 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned there is no debate. What Jesus said is true and I just observe based on his instructions what I am supposed to.

But what a hot topic! It seems to be a nerve to Christians. But that's God's plan so I will just chill and let everyone grace out. Good talking to you, Ill check in later.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Exactly, I tried to tell the guy that Jesus already said that He was the gate, and the way. The straight gate and narrow way IS JESUS.

He is the ONLY way to the Father, anyone else trying to get to God apart from Him, is on the broad path hat leads to destruction.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Are you unfamiliar with the Gospel of the Grace of God?

Do you only know the Gospel of the Kingdom?

As there were two answer to the question I gave Gnosisifaith.

His death on one hand was to prove to Israel when he arose he was their messiah, Paul taught us that his death on the cross was substitutionary and for the forgiveness of our sins.

Either way Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Light.
edit on 4-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Actually...Im more a-mused than a-mazed at you guys bickering. Not even discussing so much as arguing.

But, carry on!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I know, but many people read these threads besides him.

Quite recently, on another thread, I attempted to use his words as a springboard from which to push my own agenda (self glorification). I ended up crushed, defeated, embarrassed, and exposed.

Just saying...be careful of what your agenda is.

While I'm here, I noticed that you spend many hours on not just one debate, but 4 or 5 at the same time. How does that effect your physical health?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Wrong. As a Chrisitan...I travel the straight and true path. Pretty clear to me. But stopping to argue, you guys have widened your own paths by making the rest of us go around you...

But you don't see that...sorry, I gotta go..excuse me please? Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

As far as I am concerned there is no debate. What Jesus said is true and I just observe based on his instructions what I am supposed to.

But what a hot topic! It seems to be a nerve to Christians. But that's God's plan so I will just chill and let everyone grace out. Good talking to you, Ill check in later.

It's not true, we have already shown you three things from scripture that contradict what Westcott and Hort deleted and changed in their Greek manuscripts, I'll go over it again:

1. Jesus said He was the gate to the sheepfold.
2. Jesus said He was the way to the Father.
3. Jesus said His burden was light, and His yoke was easy.

Westcott and Hort said the road was hard, Jesus says easy and W&H said it was hard. Clearly they want to sell their salvation based on human effort and works.

Use the King James Version that isn't from the preferred Alexandrian Manuscripts that have been proven to delete scriptures they didn't like. That's why you're in error, it's a perverted bible translated from manuscripts doctored up by the Gnostics.

edit on 4-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: ChesterJohn

Wrong. As a Chrisitan...I travel the straight and true path. Pretty clear to me. But stopping to argue, you guys have widened your own paths by making the rest of us go around you...

But you don't see that...sorry, I gotta go..excuse me please? Thanks

How exactly do you travel Jesus?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I know, but many people read these threads besides him.

Quite recently, on another thread, I attempted to use his words as a springboard from which to push my own agenda (self glorification). I ended up crushed, defeated, embarrassed, and exposed.

Just saying...be careful of what your agenda is.

While I'm here, I noticed that you spend many hours on not just one debate, but 4 or 5 at the same time. How does that effect your physical health?

Defending the gospel is awesome, I love it. Jesus is my king and my Savior. Earnestly striving to glorify Him isn't work, it's a labor of love.

How are you doing btw? Any special plans for the 4th?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Actually...Im more a-mused than a-mazed at you guys bickering. Not even discussing so much as arguing.

But, carry on!

Well, the Bible says to contend earnestly for the faith. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join