It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Narrow Gate and the Road Few Find

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Matthew 7:13-14

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Jesus is speaking present tense of a path that leads to Life. Before his death and resurrection he is telling of a path that leads to (eternal) Life. To living people he is saying that you can find Life through the narrow gate. Eternal Life, the Kingdom of God or Heaven are all appropriate to describe what he means by life in this instance.

So add that to the fact that he never said he was a human sacrificial atonement for the sins of all who just believe. He is actually saying otherwise. Easy leads to destruction and "Faith without good works is useless" is the way James words what Jesus taught about bearing good fruit as a sign of Faith.

Don't forget that this path existed before and after the crucifixion unchanged. Jesus was the Teacher but not the first. But the best.

Because of all "roads" the widest is Mainstream Fundamental Christianity including it's parent Catholicism and all who claim the "kingdom of grace."

The illusion of the kingdom of grace is the widest road and the easy road, undeniably.

And "leads to destruction" if you ask the Messiah.

So, how will you find and stay on the narrow road?

Do you want or need off the wide road?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So gnosisfaith, what is the action of a person on the narrow road, rant, run people who disagree with you down
Maybe do as you wish, condemn people like Catholics Protestants and fundamentalists, don't fundamentalists run people down, crazy fundys who put laws in front of people

I see people on the easy road, unleashing their base emotions like petulant children at everyone who disagrees with them
I could quote Jesus about loving enemy's but He means nothing to you

Believe what you want, I will choose my path and I will follow Christ as the only one

If you only read what you wrote from a different understanding, from a position of love not self righteousness

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What is that? You have to at least try and make sense AND not be a toolbox about everything if you want a response guy.

Not interested in your b.s. dude. Life is too short to mess around with people like you.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

I thought I wasn't worth a reply
Do me that honour, don't reply
🐸

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
John the Babtist said "The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world."

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Angreddyman

See my last message for my reply to this message, unworthy though you are I figured you would say something like that proving you are a hostile miser posing as a Christian.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
John the Babtist said "The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world."

Does that say anything about how he does this?

No. You are Baptized for the remission of sins in the Gospel.

Not by human sacrifice but by baptism.

If you have a Gospel quote saying otherwise, from the mouth of Jesus, I would love to hear that.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

And I asked what actions beliefs justified a person on the narrow road and you can't didn't won't
You are like a parrot, you repeat what you read but can't teach because you don't know

It's your thread, let me ask you again, what constitutes a person walking through the narrow gate, is it a narrow gate, like a picket fence gate painted green, a horses gait, prison gate driveway gate
You don't know, you just repeat what you have heard

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Don't think that I am persecuting Christians here.

I am only going by the words of Jesus. I would be pissed if I was on a wide road thinking it was narrow.

I would want someone to point out this to me if I didn't know it. So hate me all you want but I know I am spot on so don't need anyone's approval.

I am trying to spread the Gospel so if you are mad at me for this I don't think I am the problem.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Division is in your heart, the Holy Spirit is not within you and your folly will lead you to that wide gate you speak of. Obviously you come to spread discord.
Speak as you wish, your words are hollow, there is no love in them, and it is not to spread the Gospel but to mock it. If your life was required this minute....... where would you go

It would be foolish and contrary to follow you into your combat against Christians.... I will dust off my sandals and move on.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The road itself is simple, definitive and not hard to find. Its the side streets and right and left turns one may take that diverts the trip that makes it difficult to stay and/or return to the main one.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Division is in your heart, the Holy Spirit is not within you and your folly will lead you to that wide gate you speak of. Obviously you come to spread discord.

If division or discord arises from truth so be it, not my goal by any means though.

Speak as you wish, your words are hollow, there is no love in them, and it is not to spread the Gospel but to mock it. If your life was required this minute....... where would you go

It would be foolish and contrary to follow you into your combat against Christians.... I will dust off my sandals and move on.

Say what YOU wish but my words are true and your chosen response to insult and speak falsehoods that you could never actually know as if you did know. You don't know me or if the Spirit is with me.

I literally am spreading the Gospel, nothing I said can be shown to be false.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nothing you Say can be proven true
You can't even answer my simple question, just repeat a bible verse
That's not wisdom, it's parrotism

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Nothing you Say can be proven true
You can't even answer my simple question, just repeat a bible verse
That's not wisdom, it's parrotism

Why are you so mad? Could it be because you know that you are on the wide path?

What specifically that I said can't be proven true by using the Bible? Your statement is false. All of it. I have not parroted any verse.

I logically explained one. What about that pisses you off so much?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That's a terrible translation, the road isn't "hard". That sounds like it came from the perverted Westcott and Hort Greek text or the Alexandrian MSS that were known for deleting scriptures they didn't like. For example, they deleted the last 12 verses of Mark. Here is what Jesus said in the received text of the Textus Receptus manuscript:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus is the way, and Jesus is the gate. He said He was the gate to the sheepfold, and He said He was the way.. "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me." Clearly the road isn't hard, Jesus already said His burden is light and His yoke was easy:

Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

That's the exact opposite of the road being hard, terrible translation.

edit on 4-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If anyone has an example of me saying something that is not in the Bible, something that doesn't make sense (to you) or something that is not true I say utilize your capabilities to quote me and I will be happy to clear it up.

Otherwise all angry comments are unjustified and any accusations unfounded.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

Does that say anything about how he does this?

No. You are Baptized for the remission of sins in the Gospel.

Not by human sacrifice but by baptism.

If you have a Gospel quote saying otherwise, from the mouth of Jesus, I would love to hear that.

So how was the thief on the cross saved? Jesus never said "Dang, sorry bro, but we can't get you off this cross and into the water to be baptized. Tough luck."

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Gnosisisfaith et all all of your different user names, you must first understand which era you are in and which gospel applies to this generation so you are giving the correct Gospel. Otherwise you are teaching another gospel of which will lead people to hell not heaven, and a curse upon you.

And to boot, you have removed the verses you addressed to from it main context. Try quoting he verse, comment on it and mention its context maybe someone might get a better understanding of what you are trying to say.

But so far you have said nothing but hollow nonsensical opinions.

edit on 4-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

If you think you are going to get me involved in your hyperactive argumentative b.s. debates you are out of luck.

Anyone who resorts to "That's a bad translation" has automatically admitted defeat.

Because my translation doesn't suffer from any problems of translation and your whole argument hinges on that you are out of luck.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

If anyone has an example of me saying something that is not in the Bible, something that doesn't make sense (to you) or something that is not true I say utilize your capabilities to quote me and I will be happy to clear it up.

Otherwise all angry comments are unjustified and any accusations unfounded.

Again
What does a person have to do to go through the narrow gate, what do they have to do to follow the narrow path
You don't know, how could you, you don't even know the teaching of that message

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join