It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Narrow Gate and the Road Few Find

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Isaiah 53:10-12

Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Hebrews 9:11-15

11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews10:10-14

10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Luke 24:44

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

edit on 4-7-2016 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The thief on the cross asked Jesus to bring him to paradise and he did.

That doesn't make a bit of difference to the narrow road, the thief found it.

You are not a logic oriented person are you? Emotions drive you.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You can't reason with this man. He does not believe the Bible anyway, he doesn't believe in a preserved words of God he can hold in his hands. He only believes he has the truth and all else are on the wrong path.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Isaiah 53:10-12

Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Hebrews 9:11-15

11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews10:10-14

10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Luke 24:44

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

I fail to see the need for giant quotes from the OT and Paul.

The words spoken by Jesus are the final authority in the Bible. Do you have anything to say in your own words about that?

Because you have not made a point all you did was quote a lesser authority and the OT. That has no effect.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

That doesn't make a bit of difference to the narrow road, the thief found it.

You are not a logic oriented person are you? Emotions drive you.

You just said a person had to be baptized for the remission of sins. You said that, my point was that doesn't save anyone, or wash away sins. That's a symbolic gesture showing a person identifies with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Or as said another way, baptism doesn't save a man, it's what a saved man does.

Of course I'm logically driven, the Bible says "God is not a respecter of persons", your idea that only baptism remits sins would make God a respecter of persons, He allowed the thief in the cross to enter paradise without a baptism.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You can't reason with this man. He does not believe the Bible anyway, he doesn't believe in a preserved words of God he can hold in his hands. He only believes he has the truth and all else are on the wrong path.

I know, but many people read these threads besides him.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
John the Babtist said "The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world."

Does that say anything about how he does this?

No. You are Baptized for the remission of sins in the Gospel.

Not by human sacrifice but by baptism.

If you have a Gospel quote saying otherwise, from the mouth of Jesus, I would love to hear that.

There you go with your fundamentalism again, you are putting ritual before service and faith or faith and service
You are demanding that a person must do something based on religion.
Baptism is a personnel sign of love and trust in God, it's not a ritual, it's an expression of belief, trust and obedience

Why do we get crazy fundys all the time, oh, we just have the one, like lifesavers, many different colours

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If anyone has an example of me saying something that is not in the Bible, something that doesn't make sense (to you) or something that is not true I say utilize your capabilities to quote me and I will be happy to clear it up.

Otherwise all angry comments are unjustified and any accusations unfounded.

Again
What does a person have to do to go through the narrow gate, what do they have to do to follow the narrow path
You don't know, how could you, you don't even know the teaching of that message

What do you think a person has to do?

I know you could ask Jesus, who would say Believe and be baptized. If you are true and not a poser you will act as Jesus acted and do what he said to do.

What the hell else would you do? You even have to ask so you must not have known.

Now you know.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You once again err not knowing the scriptures. The Thief said, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." He did not ask Jesus to bring him to paradise.

Like I told you under all your other user names, go read the AV Bible over and over until you become familiar with it. But you heed not my words.

I am so familiar with it that when you made this false quote I knew it was in error, not led of the Holy Ghost but of a deceiver.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Gnosisisfaith et all all of your different user names, you must first understand which era you are in and which gospel applies to this generation so you are giving the correct Gospel. Otherwise you are teaching another gospel of which will lead people to hell not heaven, and a curse upon you.

And to boot, you have removed the verses you addressed to from it main context. Try quoting he verse, comment on it and mention its context maybe someone might get a better understanding of what you are trying to say.

But so far you have said nothing but hollow nonsensical opinions.

It looks like he is using a version from the perverted Alexandrian MSS and the Greek of Westcott and Hort, they also deleted a ton of stuff that didn't go along with their beliefs. They edited the Word of God basically. "The road is hard" isn't from the Textus Receptus, that's from the Westcott and Hort Greek text, they believed in a works based salvation and Catholicism.

If you're even somewhat familiar with what Jesus said immediately you know that's a false translation because Jesus said his burden was light and His yoke was EASY. Jesus is the gate, Jesus is the way to the Father.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

His failing is not to rightly divide the word of Truth. But he hates Paul and disregards all the writing of Paul as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

He's not a fundamentalist, he's a Gnostic. I'm a fundamentalist, tell me how often me and this fella agree on anything. He follows Gnosticism, it's a heresy.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I know he is quoting from a perverted text. Because I hold in my hand a preserved Bible as promised by God in Psalm 12:6, 7.

Keep up the good work brother.

edit on 4-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This sure is a weird reaction to the Gospel.

If someone preaches the narrow path and you are on the narrow path why would you get angry?

The only possible reason for this reaction is being called out. You don't get mad at people who preach the narrow path unless you are not on it and know it but pretend otherwise and getting called out hurts.

Grow up, get over it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

any man led of the Holy Ghost would not resort to base words as you have used.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I post scripture hoping that you'll read them without getting defensive. I quoted Jesus in the last verse. He is the one who gave authority to the prophets and said that he came to fulfill all that was written about him. Those verses all state why Jesus came to die for our sins. There are no works that we are capable of doing to make up for all of our sins, although we are expected to do good works. Only Jesus' blood can wipe us clean enough to stand in the presence of God, because he is the only one who is perfect. Nothing imperfect is capable of standing in the presence of God, no matter how many good works you do.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

His failing is not to rightly divide the word of Truth. But he hates Paul and disregards all the writing of Paul as well.

Of course Gnotics hate Paul, he refuted all their beliefs about Christ in the book of Colossians. Irenaeus warned a ton about them in "Against Heresies", that they were changing and deleting scriptures. Biggest example is the last 12 verses of Mark are deleted from 4th and 6th century Alexandrian manuscripts. Problem is Irenaeus and Tertuillian quote from those 12 verses in their commentaries written in the 2nd century AD. Either they both were clairvoyant of the Gnostics wanted to delete the resurrection of Christ from Mark.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This sure is a weird reaction to the Gospel.

If someone preaches the narrow path and you are on the narrow path why would you get angry?

The only possible reason for this reaction is being called out. You don't get mad at people who preach the narrow path unless you are not on it and know it but pretend otherwise and getting called out hurts.

Grow up, get over it.

It's not the gospel, if a perversion of it. Jesus is the gate, He is the way to the Father. You're teaching that the road is hard, that it takes hard work, and that's not the gospel. The gospel is Jesus came, died for us according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again according to the scriptures. You're trying to make the gospel based in hard work on our part, that was save ourselves by our effort. That's a false gospel and a false Jesus.

The road isn't hard! Jesus said His burden is light and His yoke is easy. Praise God.

edit on 4-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

They (the errant translations of men) also attribute to Lucifer to be the morning star in Isaiah. And remove the truth of the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost being one in 1 John 5, and translate the heaven to heavens is Genesis 1:1.

edit on 4-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I have no problem understanding scripture.

I actually explained the narrow path correctly and using the example Christ gave us. He never said anything about becoming a human sacrifice and wasn't treated as such by the followers of Christ.

His teachings were what mattered to them and no matter what any prophet says:

Matthew and the teachings of the narrow road can not be legalistically subverted using any portion of scripture and are the final authority.

What he said, I repeated. What he taught, I am teaching.

And I don't remember him teaching about a "kingdom of grace" so it doesn't exist. Paul is not a prophet but if he was he still can't create new rules that don't agree with what Jesus taught.

He would then be like Balaam if that were the case.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join