It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Spiritually Enlightened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Enlightenment is literally a transition of your consciousness into the light. The apostle John talks about it as clearly as possible:

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete. This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light

-1 John 1-6

Paul also mentions this:

"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." -Colossians 1:12

from Pistis Sophia Chapter 135:

Mary answered and said unto the Saviour: "My Lord, before thou didst come to the region of the rulers and before thou didst come down into the world, hath no soul entered into the Light?"

The Saviour answered and said unto Mary: "Amēn, amēn, I say unto you Before I did come into the world, no soul hath entered into the Light. And now, therefore, when I am come, I have opened the gates of the Light and opened the ways which lead to the Light. And now, therefore, let him who shall do what is worthy of the mysteries, receive the mysteries and enter into the Light."

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
when the student is ready, the teacher appears

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HmanJ

That is a wonderful throw away bit of dogma, but I've never found that to be so

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

When your not ready, traffic is traffic,

when you are ready, there is no traffic

its when your ready, and when you are a blind def and dumb man will be your enlightened master

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HmanJ

Been into the fortune cookies?

Because I'm an individual who follows a quite occult spiritual path, and all I read in those two posts was some dogma, and the Karma is about to hit it

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

It's my personal opinion that we shouldn't put people into "types", although I understand how you crafted your post to elicit different perspectives.

My belief is that when an individual is ready to be enlightened and move forward in their spiritual journey, the universe will arrange for his/her teacher/guide to present themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Do whatever you think/believe is right. Teach or not. Help or don't help. The all in all is playing all the roles so just do what you honestly feel is right or good.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is a good question. Don't forget to help those along who are seeking enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
Should we enlightened ones, try to help guide everyone out there into “the truth”…?

One of the quotes from the thread you linked -
“For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

What does that mean to you? It seems to run contrary to what you propose?

Does what you want to do not include passing judgement on others as you believe your path is superior to theirs? That you are somehow superior yourself?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Spiritually enlightened?

We're not talking about the type of enlightenment referenced in mystery traditions here obviously as the chance of anyone here being truly enlightened is slim.

So what do you mean by spiritually enlightened? Someone aware of certain realities that most people aren't? I would prefer using the word awake, awake to a certain extent that is.

Of course, as with the word enlightenment the Buddhist use of the word awake has numerous stages and other connotations.

As for the thread. Wasting time on people that aren't interested or receptive is, well, a waste of time. A person's energy is finite and it takes energy and attention to engage with people. If they're stuck in their own illusion and they prefer it it will take a monumental investment in energy to change their mind even a little, they already have their answers and more than likely they will be resistant to new ideas.

Focusing on such people would waste energy that could be spent better on people that are actually genuinely seeking.

So I would say that it's no use to focus on people belonging to group A. A person will only drain and maybe even frustrate themselves by focusing on such people. That's my opinion and I think it's a fairly obvious and self-evident conclusion.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Spend your time continuing on your journey. If you live to your highest potential people will come to you, you don't need to go looking for them. Be the light in the darkness and be ready to face whatever shows itself in the light.

After that, it's up to them!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Originally posted by Joecroft
Should we enlightened ones, try to help guide everyone out there into “the truth”…?

Originally posted by Blaine91555
One of the quotes from the thread you linked -
“For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

What does that mean to you?

It’s talking about an equal judgement from God, after someone has passed over into the next life…IMO

It seems to run contrary to what you propose?

First of all, I’m asking the question in my OP…

Why and how do you think it runs contrary…please explain…?

Does what you want to do not include passing judgement on others as you believe your path is superior to theirs? That you are somehow superior yourself?

No; it does not involve passing judgment on anyone…only God is the true judge…

Where in my OP did I state that I, or my path was superior to anyone else’s…?

Seriously, your reply to my thread question, is the strangest of all the responses so far…which is really weird coming from someone who is “Super Moderator” on ATS…

I think you should reread my OP again and all my other posts in this thread… before you re-respond…

- JC

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

From your original post.

You say "we enlightened ones" which requires you to judge others as being unenlightened does it not?

"Enlightened" implies a person who is superior to the "unenlightened" it seems to me. Simply the act of posting that implies you have judged yourself to be "enlightened" and superior to the "unenlightened" who you propose you should "help guide".

I think I read it right as the quote shows?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You say "we enlightened ones" which requires you to judge others as being unenlightened does it not?

Yes, but there’s bad/negative judgements and there’s good/correct judgments…

Simple example…If I see a person going around murdering people, and I try to show them why that’s wrong, does that make me superior…?

Also, that verse you quoted is about Gods judgment over a person after they’ve passed on…IMO

"Enlightened" implies a person who is superior to the "unenlightened" it seems to me.

You are looking at it all wrong…IMO

Someone could be a superior swimmer to someone else, that doesn't mean that that person thinks he’s better than the other person in all other respects, like in a some high and mighty condescending fashion etc…, although he/she does know they’re a better swimmer…

- JC

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If we are not trying to help people, then the "enlightenment" is more or less wasted, harsh I know but it is the awakened's duty to help & teach.
Not to stand on a corner and preach or push your beliefs onto others, but guide those who want to learn.

I believe there are more than just 2 types. We cannot help anyone who does not want to be helped (seems to be your type A) but there are ways to still guide without trying to seem like we are changing them perhaps help them to appreciate nature, music, learn a hobby to feel more fulfilled.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

My suggestion, if you think it's your job, or that it's even possible then you yourself might still be a type A person.

I mean that with respect, and is no comment on your truths. I have a feeling they might be similar to my truths if not the same. Either way what you and I have can't be given freely in the form that we posses. I doubt you received it that way, even though many probably tried to give it to you.

Wethey will all get it eventually, I think it's rare to truly understand before this iteration is over. As soon as I think I have it figured out, it's time to rethink it all and see what sticks. I hesitate to even say my truths are true even now,because they have altered from 6 months ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"Enlightened" implies a person who is superior to the "unenlightened" it seems to me. Simply the act of posting that implies you have judged yourself to be "enlightened" and superior to the "unenlightened" who you propose you should "help guide".

I think I read it right as the quote shows?

The thing is there are no 'enlightened ones'!!
Enlightenment is the realisation that there is not more than one - so how could there be 'enlightened ones'?

Light is what there is - this is light - there is nothing other than light - here it is appearing as text, sound and all sensation. But........there may also be the assumption of some thing else - YOU seeing the light. There is no YOU seeing light - there is just light appearing as what ever is appearing.
Enlightenment is not the gaining of something - it is losing of some thing which never existed - the separate person.
There is only ever what is happening and no one is doing it - because there isn't anyone separate from the light show - there is just light showing up as this.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Enlightened is actually a bad word to call it, but I know what he's talking about. There's really not a good earthly word to call it. Its more about learning the "truth", even that is pretty vague. Lets give it the name, say...farmucled...(I made that up).

You really do not understand what farmucled is until you have become farmucled. Once you are farmucled...you get it, everything starts to make perfect sense, the world is more beautiful...sorry I could go on and on.

Anyways, it is the "farmucled's" duty to try and help others to be farmucled, guide them towards truth and everlasting love. Sounds very cliché but YEAH!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Equanimity is the end of all paths that seek balance, acceptance equates to love of all people seeking to find that balance... everyone has a middle to work from in order to get to that equanimity. Some find what they consider a healthy balance and say good enough but life still goes on and people still learn during the course of their lives because the energy of intent that one puts out when not in equanimity becomes either positive(for the whole) or negative(for oneself).

If you make suffering unacceptable for all beings, eventually they make suffering unacceptable for you in return.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

OK, I'm understanding what you mean better. Good vs. Bad so to speak.

Your interpretation of what that verse means is different than mine I think. I think it's more directed at arrogance and a sense of self importance and superiority being wrong.

We lead by example and we best teach by example IMO. The only person we should ever presume to judge or consider as having "bad" judgement is ourselves. If we live our lives in a good way, it will influence those around us in a positive way.

We are all imperfect in some way and most likely in many ways if we are honest with ourselves I think. None of us are truly "enlightened". We best show others a better way, by simply leading our own lives in a positive way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join