It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Spiritually Enlightened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a question to those who have spiritually awoken. To those who have seen the truth within themselves irrespective of how they have arived there. And if you’re wondering what I’m getting at, see the link in my signature (Spiritual Wisdom Quotes)…

Recently I’ve been torn between two modes of thinking regarding approaching others, and helping to guide them into the light so to speak. My question is divided between 2 groups people, type (A) and type (B)…my question is this…

Should we enlightened ones, try to help guide everyone out there into “the truth”…? And when I say everyone, I mean to the best of our ability…

People type (A) are those who are already a part of some type of Religion X, or some other type of mindset. I mean those who are only interested in their own rhetoric in most cases; the ones who think they’re already in “the truth” etc… Part of me wants to help these people more, because I see that they are trapped in fear based belief systems, and yet at the same time it’s a difficult mindset to break down and the cost to oneself is high due to friction and arguments etc…

Or should we only help people type (B)…those who are geniunly seeking, the ones whos minds aren’t made up and who are asking the important questions. One can clearly see who those types are; they are the ones who are humbling themsevles, and are being completely honest in their search. These types of people fit into the mould of that wise saying “when the student is ready the teacher will arrive”…and are clearly ready to listen and be guided. I say guided because I’m a big believer in not forcing any truth onto any individual…

I guess the correct answer from the heart is to help both types of people…I remember a few years back, reading some type of philosophy in either Hinduism or Budhism, I can’t remember exactly which, that talked about how everything in the universe and nature is just unfolding in perfection, and how there was no need to go out and try to save/enlighten people or everybody etc… Although I think there are different takes on spreading the word in both of those religions…

At first I thought this sounded really cold, but when I began to realise that everyone is on their own spiritual journey, and that many lessons have to be learned over many lifetimes, it started to make some kind of sense. But here’s the thing, after many lifetime lessons, people type (B) are invariably the ones who are spiritually ready to be guided…

Thanks for reading…I look forward to your thoughts and opinions…

- JC

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The correct answer is simply to speak truth. Those that are humble enough to care about the truth will hear it. Those who want their own made up reality will not.

Since you don't know everyone's heart, that means talk to everyone and particularly those that seem to be seeking.

This all assuming you know the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Help all who ask for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Haven't drank in many years but I still remember how it felt to be enlightened by the spirits..

I don't want to be guided into the light, I like regular beer, not light beer.
edit on 3-7-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In my opinion, all you need to do is say what you believe to be true, if someone is open to it then they will bring it in and test it for themselves, if they are not open to it then there is no use in trying to convince them of anything. If anything, you trying to convince them will only push them further away.

Everyone is saved by default, if they choose to live in ignorance during this lifetime, they have infinite lifetimes to figure it out after this one. Don't sweat it too much, getting frustrated does nothing but cause stress.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I remember a few years back, reading some type of philosophy in either Hinduism or Budhism, I can’t remember exactly which, that talked about how everything in the universe and nature is just unfolding in perfection, and how there was no need to go out and try to save/enlighten people or everybody etc.

It is the job of every spiritually enlightened person to work long and hard to enlighten everyone around them, all the time, every moment of the day. This is what you have been called to.

It does not matter whether or not your work and message are accepted. You must expect sarcasm, rejection and even hatred. It just means you are doing your job right. Ultimately you will be rewarded for your efforts by a better world, and by even greater personal enlightenment and spiritual power.

Many, even most will spurn you, but the few who receive and accept your message will go on to live better lives and be better people because of what you did.

You must never falter. Never rest. Never worry about what others think of you, about your health or strength, even about your loved ones. Unpopularity, abuse and the rejection of others mean you must simply redouble your efforts. You have a higher calling. You are one of the Elect. You must live to be worthy of it.

‘When I look round upon the poor, perishing Heathen of this country, I am sometimes in the greatest distress of mind... O my brother, if my bones were brass and my flesh were iron, I would not cease to teach and preach both day and night.’ — Benjamin Clough, 1816

That is the standard. Do not fail.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I thought those motivational guru types were good, until I read your post…

Man…What a Speech!!!

Truly Inspiring…Awesome…

Thanks

- JC

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I really dislike phrases like "spiritually enlightened". This means so many different things from one person to the next. What I've found is to speak to people at a level they can comprehend, and only when you think it's worth the efforts. Never preach, or teach directly unless asked explicitly. The best I can do with most of my words is to indirectly suggest, or help them come to the conclusion on their own.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
As 1 who has tried to share what has been experienced and learned, it appears the best approach is to SHINE BRIGHT enough to reach the depths of their consciousness where dim... By doing so or shining your spiritual intelligence as you resonate/vibrate around them, you ultimately know you made AN attempt at reaching into the regions of their minds and souls where some religious information may be holding their Souls back. This is your conscious salvation point of many were you come to the conclusion that at least you tried to help out your Soul family. Which then allows you to continue your ASCENSION PROCESSES. You being aware look at some you Love and wish they were more spiritually prepared for what you detect... But if your a believer then as mentioned they will have other tries / lifetimes (no guarantee the soul material will be reformed here in this dimension or even under same guards) but you know they will have another try at class-optimism of the Ascending mind helps to process the possibilities discussed...
So in short my friends don't feel bad for trying. You just may of had your go at many classes or are scholars and so excel faster...

edit on 7/3/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Spiritually enlightened... Meh.

Probably just have extra serotonin and dopamine in your brains compared to others. Puts you in a better and more calm mood while dopamine levels contribute to energy and motivation levels.

Too high of dopamine, you'll experience delusions and what not, some think God has spoken to them and what not.

Not saying God doesn't exist and people cannot be at a higher level spiritually... Just saying I absolutely don't believe it's the average circumstance.

Most people with voices or grandiose thoughts of enlightenment in their heads simply have chemical differences

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

dont over think about others and don't put yourself above others, even if you think you know the truth or are "spiritually advanced", humility is and should become a virtue and if you heart is in the right place than thinking is not required and you will just feel the right words to say for anyone and any situation... Basically what TarzanBeta already answered.
the truth.

if we stop trying and are simply staying with the flow naturally at ease with positive intention than there is nothing to worry, know or to think what to say...intuition will jump in if you learn to listen.

swim, sink ... or float?

this is an interesting question when one considers what is and what is not and what really matters?
the heart; simple honesty in body, speech and mind.

very hard sometimes, if we are too attached, because that also includes being completely honest with yourself. we sometimes tend to forget that guy or maybe it is just me?

edit on 1467611360749July497493116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"Should we enlightened ones" I am not enlightened but will put my 2 cents in. Would egotism exist if it didn't have purpose? Perhaps its purpose is to prove that egotism doesn't bring happiness and like children, we cannot be told, but must experience the futility of that road (or how can we full understand lightness without experiencing darkness). But if a soul wants to travel a road to enlightenment, by becoming the road to serve them, we can achieve our own spiritual enlightenment.
edit on 4-7-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Now that's wisdom. Everyone should take note of your post. I really hope they do.

my 2 cents
Standing high on a soap-box does nothing but agitate and aggravate. Hiding away from sight only stifles our own life. Understanding that being who we are and knowing our place, is (imo) much more impressionable to those around us. Finding the balance within ourselves is far more beneficial than trying to coerce change in another person. We should all be preaching....by being the best versions of ourselves at all times. This is not a loud work, but a living work.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't need or want yet another group at my door trying to convert me from this to that.

Wait until you are asked please.

Give the rest of us a break.

P

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm not awoken I'm just a regular guy with a cat. I've followed and seen a lot of people in my life who told me they were awoken or chosen . Well from my perspective (simple not awoken guy) guidance can only come from the inside (The Hearth). I you are really fully awoken enjoy life to the fullest don't think and drink to much and be kind to every soul in the universe.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
I remember a few years back, reading some type of philosophy in either Hinduism or Budhism, I can’t remember exactly which, that talked about how everything in the universe and nature is just unfolding in perfection, and how there was no need to go out and try to save/enlighten people or everybody etc… Although I think there are different takes on spreading the word in both of those religions…

At first I thought this sounded really cold, but when I began to realise that everyone is on their own spiritual journey, and that many lessons have to be learned over many lifetimes, it started to make some kind of sense.

There's no reason to speed up anyone's process of enlightenment because time is an illusion. No soul is ever lost, because we are all One. There's absolutely no reason to try to force someone to become Enlightened, they will get there exactly when they are meant to. Moreover, it's not really possible to make someone else become Enlightened, even if they deeply want to. Whatever obstacles to Enlightenment they may have exist in their own minds, which obviously you can't see. The best thing you can do is be a good example of an Enlightened person in your daily life by choosing to minimize harm and by letting go of the ego. The Universe will place you wherever you need to be, and if you act with sincerity and humility yourself, you will naturally help other people along whatever path they are meant to follow. There are many types of Enlightenment experiences. In my longest, most intense one, (which lasted several days, I think my boss thought I was on drugs) I learned that the Universe administers precise doses of intense suffer ring just to make your individuality, your separate soul, strong enough to retain individual characteristics when it permanently returns to Oneness. In that sense, even reducing suffering might interfere with someone's personal growth. (Though I still recommend working to reduce suffering. If nothing else, it gives you something to do. When you realize everything in creation is always perfect, it becomes difficult to decide to do anything). So I guess what I'm saying is there's no way for any of us to tell what another person truly needs for their spiritual path. But that's OK, because no soul is ever lost.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Brad, meet hammer, Nailed it..

After many long sessions, the Psychiatrist told the patient, "You're cured!"
"Big deal" said the patient, "When I came to You I was Napoleon. Now I'm nobody..."

The Seeker, after a long and difficult journey and many hardships, reaches the mountaintop where resides the Guru in solitude. "What, Master, is the meaning of Life?"
"Life, My son, is a bowl of Cherries," replies the Guru.
The Seeker is outraged after all He has been through to reach the Guru and lets the Guru know what He thinks of His answer.
The Guru considers for a moment, and says, "You mean it's not?"
* page 28 "Doing Nothing- Coming to the End of the Spiritual Search"- Steven Harrison

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Not everyone wishes to become enlightened and often time those who think they are, are not.

When one has experienced an inner truth they begin to interact with this world differently. As such, those with ears to hear with and eyes to see will recognize your words as truth and they will seek out more. If you're at the top of the mountain and you see someone scratching their way up, give them hand. If you see someone meandering around the foot of the mountain with their heads to the ground and eyes shut, it's not your responsibility to drag them up.

Regards,
From a not so enlightened Dodo.

edit on 4-7-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Trying to force people to believe something will cause them to argue with you. Arguing leads to anger, not Peace.

The most Peaceful decision is to Accept others as they are, and to help those who ask.

Remember that all decisions are seeds which will lead to fruits so plant seeds of Love and remember that reality is One but the human mind creates labels and separation. All things are one with reality so reality is unity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join