It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump used money donated for charity to buy himself a Tim Tebow-signed football helmet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: VivreLibre
More low-weight ammo

Some people have speculated that Trump will abuse his position of authority.

"Speculated"????

Jesus...He has already tried to use his position as the GOP Nominee to scuttle a federal lawsuit against him and have a Federal Judge removed and was shocked when people told him it was not OK....No "speculating" about what kind of President Trump would be.

You did just speculate. Meanwhile, you ignore the point I made so you can desperately bash Trump to reinforce your own delusions.

Like I said, manipulated masses.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And to me charity money can be used however they see fit. If it means buying a helmet then so be it. I personally don't care what he does with charity money for one reason: everyone knows he can't be trusted with money. It is something that everyone can verify on him. If you are dumb enough to give charity money to him then you deserve to get angered when he spends it on dumb #. Plain and simple. You don't feed cockroaches expecting them to suddenly Cheri's you as their leader and finally have them move out of your house. Why the hell would you give charity money to a well known con man?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I am no Trump supporter by no means, but I do fancy Deny Ignorance.

A quick search will inform you on the activities of His foundation:

Activities:
Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations
Scholarships (other)
Gifts or grants to individuals (other than scholarships)
Activities Purposes and Activities Schools, Colleges and Related Activities
Other Activities Directed to Individuals

I hate to say as shady as this sounds, but it sounds like it falls in line with the first one, (Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations)

This money was going to another charitable organization.

No...That is not reality nor law...
The money went to another charitable organization, but the value of that money (the purchase) went to him...
He could have just as easily bought a home, car or jewelry at a charitable auction with other peoples charitable donations and then sold those items for cash.

It's not the way it works...It is fully and accurately illegal. Specifically..."a classic violation of the prohibition on a charity being operated for the private inurement (benefit) of the charity's creator"

I dunno, most Americans have been to a gala such as this or spaghetti dinner for parents night at the local high school...new roof for the,church night at church? Well, Americans are familiar with this type of event so I wonder if most of the dissenters are from the rest of the world and don't get what is likely happening here. These events that raise money have different ways of doing things but the basis of it is the same. They will call around to celebrities, big company sponsors, or as far as the local church or high school,goes they will hit up all the mom and pop privately owned businesses in the area and Delta will donate two international coach tickets for air fare, Starbucks donates a single serving pod coffee brewer, Ivans Tailor Shop donates a gift certificate for five free hem sewings and Melissa McCarthy offers a dinner date...shoot sometimes you're helping out the local elementary school and,all you have are the five best works of macaroni art. Now while hemming your pants five times may just cost 25$, because it is for charity, somebody will donate/"pay" $250 for it. In the case of Trump, the way the story is being portrayed and judged makes absolutely no sense. Aside from Goodwill, I can't think of a single charity that operates by selling items retail and making a profit from the sale. I can't think of many big ritzy gala having charities actually that sell ANYTHING to make their money. So I doubt trump went to this charity which happened to be retailing items such as a Tebow helmet that he bought, Tebow more than likely donated it and the charity was given 12000 bucks, a sizeabke donation, and as a major bonus that donation also bought the helmet just as if it were a macaroni artwork piece and I gave a hundred dollars for it. You woudnt say I bought the macaroni art. Nor at the opposite end where two internatkomal air fares cost maybe 2000 dollars. If I put up ten thousand dollars and went home with them, you'd not say I bought them you'd say I donated 10000 dollars and got to go home with two plane tickets for it. If I am wrong, someone show me that this was a charity that is is the business of retailing items that they buy at wholesale or a slightly lower price than their retail price. You won't find any evidence of that this wasn't a store gimme a break. He can't help if a helmet came with the donation, and if the helmet was his favorite thing available it makes sense. If you had no legs you'd donate for the wheel barrow tour of Paris and not when the aerobics lesson with Susan Powder and Richard Simmons tag teaming was up for grabs right?!?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx

And to me charity money can be used however they see fit.

Hopefully you do not run any charity right now...The vets, children with diseases etc. etc. that depend on those funds and the people donating might disagree.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That would be an outstanding bumper sticker.

Just like bumper stickers that say 'fly Trump airlines' or 'eat Trump steaks' or another bumper sticker that reminds people of the many failed business ventures that he has ruined. I shudder at the thought that some folk trust this man with America's economy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not surprised at all. Trump is nothing more than an opportunist and a hustler, running his own little shell game. He tells people quite plainly that he knows the system is corrupt because he operated comfortably within it and played the system to his advantage. And yet people think he's going to suddenly start walking the straight and narrow? Puhlease.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

maybe he will use his conman knowledge to help Americans, like an antihero

edit on 1-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I am no Trump supporter by no means, but I do fancy Deny Ignorance.

A quick search will inform you on the activities of His foundation:

Activities:
Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations
Scholarships (other)
Gifts or grants to individuals (other than scholarships)
Activities Purposes and Activities Schools, Colleges and Related Activities
Other Activities Directed to Individuals

I hate to say as shady as this sounds, but it sounds like it falls in line with the first one, (Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations)

This money was going to another charitable organization.

No...That is not reality nor law...
The money went to another charitable organization, but the value of that money (the purchase) went to him...
He could have just as easily bought a home, car or jewelry at a charitable auction with other peoples charitable donations and then sold those items for cash.

It's not the way it works...It is fully and accurately illegal. Specifically..."a classic violation of the prohibition on a charity being operated for the private inurement (benefit) of the charity's creator"

So I doubt trump went to this charity which happened to be retailing items such as a Tebow helmet that he bought, Tebow more than likely donated it and the charity was given 12000 bucks

Nope...

Four years ago, at a charity fundraiser in Palm Beach, Donald Trump got into a bidding war at the evening's live auction.

The items up for sale: A Denver Broncos helmet, autographed by then-star quarterback Tim Tebow, and a Tebow jersey.

Trump won, eventually, with a bid of $12,000. Afterward, he posed with the helmet.

www.washingtonpost.com... -helmet/

If words are not enough?....Here is a picture of him with the Helmet at the Auction??

LINK

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It seems a little stupid to me that someone with hundreds of millions of liquid capital on hand at all times would steal money from a charity to buy a football helmet

Makes no sense

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It seems a little stupid to me that someone with hundreds of millions of liquid capital on hand at all times would steal money from a charity to buy a football helmet

Makes no sense

That is because your first sentence is not based in factual evidence.." that someone with hundreds of millions of liquid capital"

That explains why he has qualified for the tax exemption in NYC (including this year) for those making less than 500k.
Donald Trump Got a Tax Break for People Who Make $500,000 or Less Per Year
fortune.com...

Or why he refuses to show his Tax Returns?

Why not ask Trump? Cuz he is the one that actually did this according to records...Along with spending Trump Foundation money on other personal stuff.

Or is this where you claim it never happened?
edit on 1-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The 300 dollar deduction?

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks told Fortune that the tax benefit was “an error on the part of the city of New York,” and that Trump received the benefit “for many years while there was no income verification requirement.” The campaign told Crain’s that Trump hadn’t applied for the benefit since 2009. A spokesman for the city’s finance department told Crain’s that the city cross-checks applicants’ annual income every year with New York state tax authorities.

So, is this about a football or this taxes? You said to keep HIllary out of this thread so trying to stay on target

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I personally know an accountant who can make it look like you lost money with your business and qualify for a tax exemption

But I'm sure Trump is flat broke that's why he's spending tens of millions of dollars of his own money campaigning for a job that pays 450k a year.

Yup I'm buying bridges too have any of those for sale?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The 300 dollar deduction?

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks told Fortune that the tax benefit was “an error on the part of the city of New York,” and that Trump received the benefit “for many years while there was no income verification requirement.” The campaign told Crain’s that Trump hadn’t applied for the benefit since 2009. A spokesman for the city’s finance department told Crain’s that the city cross-checks applicants’ annual income every year with New York state tax authorities.

So, is this about a football or this taxes? You said to keep HIllary out of this thread so trying to stay on target

The poster asked why Donald would spend Charity funds if he had "hundreds of millions in liquid assets"...My contention is that he does not have that...And that is why he will not share any of his tax returns...and why he has repeatedly qualified for the tax break in NYC (Income verified as your excerpt explains) that is only available to residents making less than 500k annually. He is a scam and artist and fraud.

Let me know if you need me to clarify my position further.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

An opinion? You have no proof. Your contention means nothing. You are talking about a couple thousand dollars in a tax break when he is worth including assets billions?

Trump gives quite a bit back, personally and with his own foundation as well as his son Eric.

What is a tax return going to tell you? That he has a good accountant? I tell you what. I will take a person like that who can pay the least and get the greatest returns any day.

So, where is the football? Does anyone even care? At the end of the day, money that was spent from his foundation was given to another foundation. WHAT is illegal about that?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

At the end of the day, money that was spent from his foundation was given to another foundation. WHAT is illegal about that?

Please provide a link showing where the Helmet he bought was donated to another foundation? His foundation records clearly show he never donated the item nor cash equivalent to anyone. Fortune, Redstate, Wapo and dozen other media outlets are awaiting a response from the Trump campaign...so I am impressed you know the answer.

Or are you claiming that he can spend charitable donations on anything he likes? He hasn't contributed anything to Donald J. Trump Foundation in years...it is all other peoples money donated under his repeated promises giving to of Vets, MS, Aids etc....and when examined that money appears to have been spent on his children's schools, gala's and yes sports memorabilia for his private collection.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

You missed mine...
Who Cares?
As long as he leaves more money in my wallet on payday, the man can feel free to do whatever he wishes in terms of altruism and charity.
*shrug*

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If Hillary Clinton did this the people defending Trump in this thread would be all over her as if it was the worst thing in the world. Funny how that works isn't it?

It's hard to admit that you put so much time and energy into supporting a con man, that would make you look like a fool, so may as well ignore it and bring up what Hillary has done to satisfy your cognitive dissonance.

Oh and by the way, I don't support Hillary and would rather have someone papercut my pee hole every day for a year than to vote for her or have her as president. I'll say the same for Trump as well.
edit on 7/1/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: mclarenmp4

You missed mine...
Who Cares?
As long as he leaves more money in my wallet on payday, the man can feel free to do whatever he wishes in terms of altruism and charity.
*shrug*

Not agreeing that should be the standard for support, but virtually every economist on the globe, both republican and democrat believe a Trump Presidency would result in the precise opposite.

And a more direct and less predictive example might be found in those who actually worked for Trump..
Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Good job left!
You finally managed to dig up some dirt on the man that doesn't make you all look like a bunch of raving lunatics.
Sadly we are only talking about a few thousand dollars being transferred from one charity to another charity without the IRS taking their cut.
Kinda pales in comparison to mass voter fraud and missing billions... But who is paying attention to trivial little things like that anyway.

Surely this is reason enough to disqualify someone for running for president though right?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The guy is a billionaire, if he takes money from a charity to buy himself a measly $12,000 helmet then what makes you think he's a generous or honest man?

I'm sure those people who put that $12,000 into his charity didn't want their money spent on a helmet to go on his bookshelf. He basically got a free, overpriced helmet to show off. Instead of donating his own money to said charity (which he could easily afford) he decided to con his way into getting a free helmet. Pretty sleezy if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join