It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump used money donated for charity to buy himself a Tim Tebow-signed football helmet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Has the FBI announced an investigation yet?

This is big folks !!!

The list is growing...2 Million from Mike Tyson that never went to Charity as Trump promised...Payments to his kids Private School, Transfers to his Scam College..personal Gala's, events etc...Ivanka's Ballet School..His "charitable" foundation has no employees beside Trump himself and is listed as located at his Office in Trump Tower.

The helmet thing is just breaking now...but at some point the Feds are going to have to take a hard look as this is glaringly illegal and very public now under the spotlight.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I don't use someone else's money to buy things that make me happy. I have a relative that does that, and someday that person will end up in prison for fraud. Maybe I've consciously lived my life to do what's right rather than make excuses for bad behavior. Prisons are full of people who need to be healed in places we can't see, and there are people who are not in prison who probably need to go there to be healed. Bah!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I literally don't care.

TRUMP 2016.

Yeah, still.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
None of the Trump scandals hold a candle to Hillary.

Then post in one of the many Hillary threads?

Cuz this looks like the typical, desperate deflection BS everyone has come to expect when Trump Loyalists are confronted with reality.

With Hillary folks have to whip out a Glen Beck white-board and connect the dots with unsubstantiated theory and BS.

With Trump it's just a growing pile of factual evidence, documents, lawsuits, accounting etc.

I am no Hillary fan...but I am a fan of facts and evidence.

Anything to say about the OP...which is about Trump spending charitable donations to pay for personal stuff?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I literally don't care.

TRUMP 2016.

That would be an outstanding bumper sticker.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
More low-weight ammo

Still doesn't hold a candle to Clinton's grievances

The manipulated masses have chosen Clinton and Trump. The rest of us have to choose between the two. Trump is far from the ideal candidate, but it's a long shot better than Clinton. Some people have speculated that Trump will abuse his position of authority. Everyone knows that Clinton will. Easy decision.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And this from Redstate:

There is, however, a postscript to the story that is a metaphor for basically every Trumpian business venture:

The same kind of autographed helmet and jersey that Trump bought for $12,000 are now available for about $415, total, online.

www.redstate.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Trump / Tebow 2016...

edit on 1-7-2016 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre
More low-weight ammo

Some people have speculated that Trump will abuse his position of authority.

"Speculated"????

Jesus...He has already tried to use his position as the GOP Nominee to scuttle a federal lawsuit against him and have a Federal Judge removed and was shocked when people told him it was not OK....No "speculating" about what kind of President Trump would be.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I literally don't care.

TRUMP 2016.

That would be an outstanding bumper sticker.

I'd have one if the Trump haters wouldn't burn my car down in the parking lot.

Just admit it.

Trump IS the better choice.

We have to pick one.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess your right. Kinda depends on what he did with it afterwards. If he sold it for profit then he is definitely in the wrong. If he gifted it to another charity then not much can be done.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Yeah, I guess your right. Kinda depends on what he did with it afterwards. If he sold it for profit then he is definitely in the wrong. If he gifted it to another charity then not much can be done.

Correct...But it doesn't show on his Charitable accounting as being given anyplace since then.

He is likely figuring out how to give it away now...similar to his Vets Foundation money.

His larger problem is where there is smoke there is fire...and the press is turning up all kinds of BS in the Trump Foundation...He takes in the money claiming to be spending it on legitimate causes, but spends it on he and his family. Parties, schools etc.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You know, Abysha, decades ago I used to help people prepare their tax forms. I saw elderly/retired people who would tell me about how they donated to this or that televangelist to help "spread God's word" and were proud and delighted to receive some piece of paper with a prayer or picture on it. I was aghast at the hucksterism I detected. The Bible advocates for people to be prudent, yet here were people giving donations to basically hucksters.

There just will always be a segment of the population who will be willing to be conned by hucksters, conmen. They don't believe they are being conned, but that's the sign of a good conman. As I said, one of my relatives is a great conman. And this person doesn't care who his victim is.

And there will always be private sector people who will just cross the line or race over it to make a buck/do something unethical/illegal. It is that love of money thing and/or an addiction to the thrill of doing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That's another 500,000 votes for Trump!

Am I doing it right?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That's another 500,000 votes for Trump!

Am I doing it right?

Spot on.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How dare this guy give money to a charity. BURN him at the stake. Really though, the title is a little misleading. Saying he is using other peoples money is not entirely true. He contributes to his own foundation, and, he can also decide where money from his foundation can go.

It might be in a case somewhere at his foundation or his sons. A talking piece that was able to garner a cancer research foundation 12k when it was worth much less.

Sorry, if he spent 100,000k on a car for personal use I would have a problem.

How can people hate someone for trying to say they are not giving enough?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
How dare this guy give money to a charity. BURN him at the stake.

He didn't "give" the money...He spent the money. He bought himself a bragging piece.

Hopefully we won't derail into the definition of "Purchase"?

Sorry, if he spent 100,000k on a car for personal use I would have a problem.

According to an unofficial audit by The Washington Post, which dug through the records of 167 charities to which Trump had pledged money since 2008,

only one donation was actually on the books: a gift to the Police Athletic League of New York City, made in 2009, for somewhere between $5,000 and $9,999.

The other millions that Trump said he would donate apparently never materialized.

Between 1987 and 1991, the Post found that the Trump Foundation only ever gave $137,000 of the $1.9 million that was pledged to causes such as AIDS research, veterans, and homeless organizations—

about 7 percent of what was promised.

The remaining 93 percent went to groups that the Post characterized as

“society galas,
his high school, his college,
a foundation for indigent real estate brokers.”
A ballet school Ivanka Trump attended received $16,750,
while Eric Trump's private high school received $40,000—
“more than the homeless, AIDS and multiple sclerosis contributions combined.”

It’s unclear where all the money Trump has said he would donate actually goes.

In one instance in 1988, he charged boxer Mike Tyson $2 million to be an adviser for Tyson’s business ventures.

“Anything I make from this position will go to charities fighting AIDS, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and helping the homeless,” he said at the time, promising to donate it to his foundation.

That money never appeared in the Trump Foundation’s records.

www.vanityfair.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From Fortune Magazine now..

The purchase could violate rules related to private foundations that ban the “furnishing of goods” to officers within the organization.

Fortune has reached out to the Trump campaign and will update this story if we receive a response.

fortune.com...

This is something Trump is going to have to explain...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My question is where exactly these items are? Are they sitting in a trophy room of his? I have a little bit of experience with collectables and I know it does not matter what similar items like this are going for, simply with a proven story that it went to Trump makes it one of a kind so cannot be compared unless to something in another celebrities collection. I ask where the item is, because it simply could have been used in another auction or sold in some other way to make more money that may have gone to charity. I'm not saying this is how it happened, I don't call myself a supporter of his. I do like to look at things from all sides and Trump is a business man. People like him know how to turn money into more money. I'm certainly not an expert on how charities, foundations, or non-profits work because they all seem good at coming up with extra money that never comes or goes from where one would expect. My experience lies with antiques and firearms/antique firearms and comic books/nerd collectibles and if there is a story behind an item that can be documented, the value grows exponentially. Even if you have something autographed or engraved for something, add a letter proving it some how and where it came from and it skyrockets again.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If all you have on Trump is paying a large amount of money from his foundation to another foundation then there is nothing wrong.

He doesn't need this as a bragging piece. A gator fan with a man cave in Gainesville maybe but sorry, his bragging piece would be the wife on his arm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join