It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump used money donated for charity to buy himself a Tim Tebow-signed football helmet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Cuz...Of course he did..

I am in awe lately at the depth of fraud the Trump Loyalists are willing to Stomach and even defend.

Four years ago, at a charity fundraiser in Palm Beach, Donald Trump got into a bidding war at the evening's live auction. The items up for sale: A Denver Broncos helmet, autographed by then-star quarterback Tim Tebow, and a Tebow jersey.

Trump won, eventually, with a bid of $12,000. Afterward, he posed with the helmet. His purchase made gossip-column news: a flourish of generosity, by a mogul with money to burn. "The Donald giveth, and The Donald payeth," wrote the Palm Beach Daily News. "Blessed be the name of The Donald."

But Trump didn't actually pay with his own money.

Instead, the Susan G. Komen organization — the breast-cancer nonprofit that hosted the party — got a $12,000 payment from another nonprofit , the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Trump himself sent no money. (In fact, a Komen spokesperson said, Trump has never given a personal gift of cash to the Komen organization.)

He paid the bill with money from a charity he founded in 1987, but which is largely stocked with other people's money.

Trump is the foundation's president. But, at the time of the auction, Trump had given none of his own money to the foundation for three years running.

LINK

Follow that...He bought himself memorabilia...Paid with funds from a Charitable Foundation he was President of, and apparently the Trump Foundation is full of other people's money as he hadn't put his own money in...in over 3 years!

This was just discovered yesterday...and whether or not the Donald gets prosecuted for it by the IRS will depend on where the Tim Tebow signed helmet is now...he might be able to make a case that he bought it to donate to another charity...

Surely...IMO...a little digging will discover that Trump has treated the Trump Foundation Charity as his own personal, tax free, checking account. This discovery can't be a lone oversight.

And of course Donald isn't putting his OWN money into the foundation...some of the people who donated must now be asking WTF.

And I imagine Donald is franticly looking for a charity to give it away to. Doing it now might not get him off the hook, but it buys him BSing room with the IRS if it goes prosecutorial.

What utter insanity...An unapologetic scam artist at the top of the ticket for POTUS.

This on the heels of this just a few days ago..
Donald Trump’s Charitable Giving Claims Sure Look Like a Sham
The real estate mogul has contributed hardly any of his fortune to his own foundation, which spends millions on society galas and institutions tied to friends and family.
LINK

edit on 1-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I am in awe lately at the depth of fraud the Trump Loyalists are willing to Stomach and even defend

Him and Clinton are cut from the same cloth - cloth that was stitched together from slave labor. Scumbagsssss

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know millions of people who use their charity money for drugs I have never even heard of. What makes him so special? Is it the amount of money spent to obtain the item in question? Or is it the fact that the funds were used for other unintended purposes. Because o know millions would never saw where their money actually went after they donated to someone.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Getting the excuses in before the Trumpsters get here.

It's his foundation he can do with it as he pleases.
At least it still went to charity in the end.
It was Hilary's fault.

And so on.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
I know millions of people who use their charity money for drugs I have never even heard of. What makes him so special?

Ahh...Of course...He is just as bad as a Drug addict defrauding public assistance to satisfy their addiction! Let's elect him President!

Spectacular!! Thanks for not letting me down.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Getting the excuses in before the Trumpsters get here.

It's his foundation he can do with it as he pleases.

Understanding you are just forecasting BS..

The law disagrees..

"That would be a classic violation of the prohibition on a charity being operated for the private inurement (benefit) of the charity's creator," wrote Brett G. Kappel, an expert on tax-exempt organizations at the Akerman law firm in Washington.

From the OP article

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I am in awe lately at the depth of fraud the Trump Loyalists are willing to Stomach and even defend

Him and Clinton are cut from the same cloth - cloth that was stitched together from slave labor. Scumbagsssss

Maybe...but the OP is about Trump and the evidence at hand.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The list is long and growing...

In one instance in 1988, he charged boxer Mike Tyson $2 million to be an adviser for Tyson’s business ventures.

“Anything I make from this position will go to charities fighting AIDS, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and helping the homeless,” he said at the time, promising to donate it to his foundation.

That money never appeared in the Trump Foundation’s records.

www.vanityfair.com...

The remaining 93 percent went to groups that the Post characterized as “society galas, his high school, his college, a foundation for indigent real estate brokers.”

A ballet school Ivanka Trump attended received $16,750, while Eric Trump's private high school received $40,000—“more than the homeless, AIDS and multiple sclerosis contributions combined.”

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
6 Billion missing from the State Dept....

Let's talk about a football helmet.

Deflect much ?

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
6 Billion missing from the State Dept....

Let's talk about a football helmet.

Deflect much ?

Yes...You do..

Some have concluded based on this that $6 billion is missing. The alert, however, did not draw that conclusion. Instead, it found that the failure to adequately maintain contract files

www.washingtonpost.com...

Michael Cohen: Says Hillary Clinton "presided over $6 billion lost at the State Department

POLITIFACT: PANTS ON FIRE
www.politifact.com...

* Anything to say about the OP?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Everyone is addicted to something. Maybe his purchase of the iconic football gear may seem like a waste to you but what do you buy to make yourself feel happy, or get your spirits lifted?

Maybe it healed him somewhere you can't see.

At least he didn't spend it on a business decision to move a company to another country to destroy it's land in order to create a perishable product that no one will ever remember once buying it. He just conned other countries out of millions for projects that never happened. He could have done way worse than taking money.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've been around long enough to know many people in the private sector who cross the line with income tax claims. And "charities" and other fundraising organizations that make a lot of money for those who start them.
People complain about govt corruption, yet are willing to naively vote in someone from the private sector who engages in private sector corruption. Hey, why not vote for some televangelist who rides around in private jets, bought with donations, in order to reach his flock quicker?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx

Everyone is addicted to something. Maybe his purchase of the iconic football gear may seem like a waste to you but what do you buy to make yourself feel happy, or get your spirits lifted?

I don't care if he wants the Helmet? He spent Charity money to buy himself a personal bragging piece. It's fraud, illegal and other peoples money that was donated for legitimate charitable purposes.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am no Trump supporter by any means, but I do fancy Deny Ignorance.

A quick search will inform you on the activities of His foundation:

Activities:
Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations
Scholarships (other)
Gifts or grants to individuals (other than scholarships)
Activities Purposes and Activities Schools, Colleges and Related Activities
Other Activities Directed to Individuals

I hate to say as shady as this sounds, but it sounds like it falls in line with the first one, (Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations)

This money was going to another charitable organization.

He may be sleezy, but that's how most make the big bucks.

I see nothing nefarious.
edit on 7 1 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: Double Negative

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I am no Trump supporter by no means, but I do fancy Deny Ignorance.

A quick search will inform you on the activities of His foundation:

Activities:
Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations
Scholarships (other)
Gifts or grants to individuals (other than scholarships)
Activities Purposes and Activities Schools, Colleges and Related Activities
Other Activities Directed to Individuals

I hate to say as shady as this sounds, but it sounds like it falls in line with the first one, (Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations)

This money was going to another charitable organization.

No...That is not reality nor law...
The money went to another charitable organization, but the value of that money (the purchase) went to him...
He could have just as easily bought a home, car or jewelry at a charitable auction with other peoples charitable donations and then sold those items for cash.

It's not the way it works...It is fully and accurately illegal. Specifically..."a classic violation of the prohibition on a charity being operated for the private inurement (benefit) of the charity's creator"

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
I've been around long enough to know many people in the private sector who cross the line with income tax claims. And "charities" and other fundraising organizations that make a lot of money for those who start them.
People complain about govt corruption, yet are willing to naively vote in someone from the private sector who engages in private sector corruption. Hey, why not vote for some televangelist who rides around in private jets, bought with donations, in order to reach his flock quicker?

Are you saying that my $20 donation to Jets for Jesus© wasn't a wise spiritual investment for me?

But they said Jesus needed ALL the jets.

Seriously, though, great comparison.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Good point, but was it a gift? ..he bought a valuable item.
edit on 1-7-2016 by vonclod because: me spell bad

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Hey, why not vote for some televangelist who rides around in private jets, bought with donations, in order to reach his flock quicker?

Yep...and those guys get legitimately prosecuted when exposed...

6 Outrageously Wealthy Preachers Under Federal Investigation

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Has the FBI announced an investigation yet?

This is big folks !!!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
None of the Trump scandals hold a candle to Hillary.

Slush funds to pay 'personal consultant' Huma Abedin, a $34,000 a night Caribbean holiday for daughter Chelsea and payoffs to silence Bill's sex accusers - How Hillary has used donations to the Clinton Foundation as her ‘personal piggy bank’

LINK

I have no delusions about Trump, my vote is AGAINST Hillary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join