It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Really Isn't So Bad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You did not listen to it. About 4 minutes in he talks about he or she as president in the late 80's. There is no sexism. He pushes people to be their best.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I still maintain there is a hidden agenda behind Donalds candidacy.

And apparently it's to destroy the Republican party. That's fine with me! Fragment into 3 or 4 different parties.

The Evangelicals

The Log Cabins

The Goldwaters

and

The Reagans

and

the White Supremacists

edit on 30-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

The topic is the video in the OP and why Trump is not as abominable as some make him out to be.

He's still a mess, but the video shows that he's actually very brilliant about negotiating, and business deals, and all that stuff. That's actually what the world is now.....

sure, Hillary is known all over the damn globe - but so is Donald. He does business all over the globe. It's not like the other world leaders have never heard of him. Or her. They are both obviously globally known. Bernie and Liz aren't so much.....

but they're getting there......

between "some more Obama stuff" and a "let's start rolling up our sleeves" option - I'd choose sleeves. The GOP is not going to treat Hillary any better than they have treated Obama. Trump has them all pissing their pants.....he's totally unpredictable in a very specific kind of way -- several different ways to describe him......
but he's not a dimwit. And I don't really think he's a liar.
Perhaps that's exactly what we need!!!!

TRUMP/SANDERS

That's the ticket.

(get it? John Lovitz...? Anyway - yeah - that's the ticket I want.)
edit on 6/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know that's what I've thought since the beginning...that this was all a farce - a staged debacle....

but if you watch this video ------

I don't know.
I'm truly trying to keep as open a mind and as calm an approach as I can muster.

Bernie was my number one.
But I understand why the campaign is too weak to prevail right now.
Liz is amenable and a fantastic leader -- but both are too "new" to the global arena.

That leaves Hillary and Donald ------
known personas world-wide. No big surprises. Between the two, I think he's the better choice. The rest of the world's leaders know the difference between career politician and experienced deal-maker.

edit on 6/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm really looking forward to the GOP convention. It will either confirm my suspicions or I will have to eat my shoes, shave my head and walk backwards. That's be bet I made with my coworkers.

They in turn will have to buy my lunch for perpetuity. Seems fair....

Sorry, It's going to take more than a few youtube videos to convince me that he isn't playing his followers for chumps, just like he left so many of his business associates holding the S***ty end of the stick. He's a con man....surprised he conned you!!
edit on 30-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: peppycat

hard to take a presidential canidate seriously when being on a reality show. I know presidents are just normal people. Not gods (obviouslY). However, it just seems degrading to be on the same level of programming as jersey shore or the kardashians.
no, I disagree..celebrity apprentice was a few steps up from ones you mentioned... not as excellent as Housewives... and not as fake as 'the real world' on MTV.
Trump is a fine entertainer, in my honest opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat can somebody say who is a great candidate with complete seriousness and no laughing? Trump all the way!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So Sanders was your number one choice and your number two choice was a guy on the opposite side of the spectrum?

Please do more research on Trump's policies and don't rely solely on an Infowars video.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: blueman12

I happen to have a really decent grasp on all this

I beg to differ if you really think there is a snowball's chance in hell of Sanders or Warren being Trump's VP.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So the better choice would be the guy that just said that his supreme Court nominee would have upheld the Texas abortion law that was just struck down?

Is this a joke?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He's a con man....surprised he conned you!!

I didn't say I was conned. I said I could see why he isn't so awful.

I've been following this - there is a fantastic article in a recent Atlantic magazine about his personality [disorders] - and it's no secret that he is socially/behaviorally challenged. But he also seems to have some success and some consistency and some respect round the globe (if not just notoriety)....and to be sensitive enough to understand why he is portrayed and/or received the way he is.

My vote has not yet been cast. I'm just trying to keep up.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

oh holy feck....

you guys - I just presented a compilation video of snippets from his past.

I didn't vote for him or say he's the second coming.....

I'm trying to FIND SOME MIDDLE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!

Are you folks unable to even entertain the idea yet?

sigh.
Fine. I'm going to bed. Have a great night, everyone. Please curb your projections......

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

He is portrayed and received the way he is because of the things he has said...or are we now applying different rules to Trump?

Calling immigrants rapists and drug dealers..banning Muslims from entering...monitoring them...

Yeah I could see why maybe minorities would portray him differently than a middle aged white guy
edit on 30-6-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I have thought along the same lines, honesly I did not originally think Trump would make it through the debates. I recall thinking, "At least this will be entertaining" and it was. As he rose in the polling, I was even more suprised.

He brought a few things out that I am in agreement. He stepped all over PC, was not afraid to call Hillary out, our borders are wide open, he imphatically points to our incompetent Federal Government and its' corruption.

I do not vote straight ticket (especially in local elections) and try to vote for the right person for the job. In this Federal election I am of the thought of 'anyone but Hillary' which now, unfortunately forces me to look at who can beat Hillary.

mg

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Sheesh, muse!!!

Please....calm down.

Our options are being reduced, one by one. Do you want to cope and make the best decision you can??? Or do you want to fume and pout and pitch a fit?

All I did was present a side of the story, and not condemn it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I have thought along the same lines, honesly I did not originally think Trump would make it through the debates. I recall thinking, "At least this will be entertaining" and it was. As he rose in the polling, I was even more suprised.

He brought a few things out that I am in agreement. He stepped all over PC, was not afraid to call Hillary out, our borders are wide open, he imphatically points to our incompetent Federal Government and its' corruption.

I do not vote straight ticket (especially in local elections) and try to vote for the right person for the job. In this Federal election I am of the thought of 'anyone but Hillary' which now, unfortunately forces me to look at who can beat Hillary.

mg

^^^^^THIS ^^^^^

Thanks for chiming in!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sorry Buzzy

I just don't think there's a middle ground with someone who is being endorsed by white supremacists

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Keep an open mind. Look at it this way...

we all have been walking through a political desert for many days. You come to a great building with two gates. Gate one is slotted and inside the courtyard you can see that a pack of hungry wolves occupies it. In the distance you can see another gate that leads to a room with all manner of good food and drink and the most comfortable looking bed ever. Gate two is solid Iron. You can't see inside. You don't know what is there, but from your previous views inside gate 1 you remember seeing another corridor coming from gate two's direction leading to the same beautiful room. Gate two's courtyard may be filled with beasts even worse than wolves, perhaps a pride of lions. Or it may be empty and you just walk right to the food and drink and bed. Gate 1 is Hillary. Gate two is Trump. Which would you choose?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Sorry Buzzy

I just don't think there's a middle ground with someone who is being endorsed by white supremacists

You mean Hillary, right?

KKK leader backs Hillary

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Nope I mean Trump who is being endorsed by David Duke.

And that's cute I'm sure that guy who is supporting Clinton is totally legit. I'm sure Clinton is in bed with the NRA...that's why she has been backing the assault weapons ban since the mid 90's ...yup his unnamed sources are totally legit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join