It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Really Isn't So Bad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Lol you do make me smile
especially with the gifs you post, they are always on point and quite funny, and they show your character, and I know you have a good heart, and also that you are intellectual, don't let the others get you down, or peer pressure you, they need to realize people can have liberal values and not vote partisan, they also need to realize you are presenting another side which is exactly what we should do in order to find the right candidate, you're good people and quite sweet thanks for the thread buzzy, keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: VivreLibre

The topic is the video in the OP and why Trump is not as abominable as some make him out to be.

He's still a mess, but the video shows that he's actually very brilliant about negotiating, and business deals, and all that stuff. That's actually what the world is now.....

sure, Hillary is known all over the damn globe - but so is Donald. He does business all over the globe. It's not like the other world leaders have never heard of him. Or her. They are both obviously globally known. Bernie and Liz aren't so much.....

but they're getting there......

between "some more Obama stuff" and a "let's start rolling up our sleeves" option - I'd choose sleeves. The GOP is not going to treat Hillary any better than they have treated Obama. Trump has them all pissing their pants.....he's totally unpredictable in a very specific kind of way -- several different ways to describe him......
but he's not a dimwit. And I don't really think he's a liar.
Perhaps that's exactly what we need!!!!

TRUMP/SANDERS

That's the ticket.

(get it? John Lovitz...? Anyway - yeah - that's the ticket I want.)

Trump would lose nearly all of his grass roots support if he put Sanders on the ticket

And we all know Sanders would not ticket with Trump because sanders is sexist and thinks Hillary is disabled due to her gender

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Omg. The sky has fallen. I seem to remember you not liking people who were in favor of a Trump presidency. Wow. I am truly blown away. I guess MSW's CAN see past the liberal training they receive to earn them credentials. (I kid, I dated an MSW/feminist for many years and used to have serious debates with her)

Good on you for seeing a Hillary presidency is far more scarier than a Trump presidency. Now to fall asleep to your posted video and see if I can get my wife on board and not waste her vote on a third party candidate.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
haha oops wrong thread
edit on 1-7-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Biden-Sanders 2016

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sanders Stein 2016

Hilley is simply scary as hell, Trump confuses me, I'm not sure where the act ends and The Donald begins! That and he is the 1% too!

Then there is the supreme court justice up for grabs, hilley or Trump making that choice, not good!

The lesser of the two evils, or a third party vote?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox
There are clinical terms used for that kind of thought
Biden - Sanders ? Joe Biden is irrelevant and was made that from day 1 of Obama's Presidency. There is a reason Obama did that , ya know

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The first thing I did when Trump announced his candidacy was to search for old interviews of him, and it soon became clear that this man is the real deal.

As a business man, it has frustrated the hell out of him for decades to have to watch his country's economy being run into the ground by bad leadership and bad deals.

Trump's genius was to recognise the perfect time for him to finally do something about it. He saw how angry the people had become with their government and he stepped up to the plate to give them a voice. He recognised that now or never moment in our history.

As far as his appearance goes, who the f*ck cares if he's orange and has a dead bird stapled to his head?? Him becoming your president does not mean you're gonna have to kiss him, you know!

Thanks for posting, OP!

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Buzzy,

Donald J. Trump stands for these policies:

Opposes a woman's right to choose
Opposes marriage equality
Opposes birthright citizenship (i.e. the Fourteenth Amendment)
Opposes freedom of the press

Supports returning the US to the gold standard
Supports birther theories, global warming hoax theories, etc.
Supports religious discrimination
Supports NSA telephone surveillance

Policial Positions of Donald Trump

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: Blueracer

Nope I mean Trump who is being endorsed by David Duke.

And that's cute I'm sure that guy who is supporting Clinton is totally legit. I'm sure Clinton is in bed with the NRA...that's why she has been backing the assault weapons ban since the mid 90's ...yup his unnamed sources are totally legit.

How about Sen. Robert Byrd. Mentor and friend of hillary.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Fact Check Politics Hillary Clinton
Bye Bye Byrdie
A photograph of Hillary Clinton being kissed by Senator Robert Byrd has been widely circulated as a political statement.

Despite mounting criticism for Donald Trump’s failure to disavow former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke’s support, Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton once heaped praise for late Klan leader Sen. Robert Byrd. In a video uploaded to the State Department’s official YouTube page on June 28, 2010, Clinton commemorated late Sen. Byrd by saying, “Today our country has lost a true American original, my friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd.

www.snopes.com...

and this little gem.

POLITICS KKK Grand Dragon Just Endorsed Hillary Clinton, Says She Has “Hidden Agenda”

With Trump’s campaign constantly making headlines — sometimes multiple times a day — it’s necessary not to become blind to the ridiculous statements by the other candidates. A trail of seemingly endless lies and half-truths marks Clinton’s campaign, evidenced just this weekend when she praised the late Nancy Reagan for championing HIV/AIDS — something the Drug War first lady certainly never did. Hillary’s second flub of the weekend involved her calling out Sen. Bernie Sanders for not being present during her early-1990s push for health care reform. Social media and news outlets immediately conjured up video of Sanders standing directly behind Clinton during an event to push single-payer care in 1993. Quigg’s endorsement of Clinton means both parties’ top candidates have garnered personal endorsements by the Ku Klux Klan — and that fact, alone, speaks volumes.

www.anonews.co...

edit on 7 1 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

America is in a real bad state if people think Trump as president isn't "so bad".

No, it's worse than bad. I almost want him to be elected so when he fails again and again I can say "I told you so".

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You can't keep from Hillary-bashing even in a Trump-lovin' thread?

Good gravy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I understand. I've felt that way too - I think his "persona" got the better of him.

Mostly I'm just trying to make lemonade.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Swills, take it easy!

I'm not a traitor.....I am the sort of person who analyzes carefully and tries like hell to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I have not jumped ship. I'm not going to vote for him, for heaven's sake! And Gryphon...
this is not a "trump-lovin" thread. It is merely a presentation of the consistency he seems to have had over the decades.....

I fully realize he has a toxic combination of personality traits and disorders....his narcissism and social skills are appalling.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Buzzy, all due respect, whatever your intent ... the true Trump believers make every such thread a Donald Love fest.

I know you're trying to make a complicated decision for yourself, but look at where the man stands (at least temporarily until he changes his mind again) on the ISSUES of TODAY.

Best of luck with your analysis.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So they say.
I know that.
I'm not going to vote for him.

I guess this was a mistake. Sheesh, you try to present something for everybody and still get talked to as though you're the enemy. I have a Bernie sign in my yard.

I will vote for Bernie, or Gary, or ANYONE ELSE but Hillary or Donald. I endorse neither.
I am doing my best as an American citizen to make in informed, measured decision.

Thanks for reminding me of all the stuff we already know about him.

Thought maybe ATS could try to discuss it without our heads exploding.....we have two woefully inadequate, self-absorbed and self-congratulating narcissists running for President! That's bad enough. So now what?

Just lob hand grenades and spit-bombs at one another forever after?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You can't keep from Hillary-bashing even in a Trump-lovin' thread?

Good gravy.

What bashing?

It's the truth. Some people might not be aware of her mentor being a KKK leader.

And that new Grand Dragon nutball that is just infatuated with her.

If only someone didn't say something about Trump I didn't like, things would be so much nicer and I wouldn't have to post what I did.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What the hell?

This thread here is not a compare and contrast exercise.

This is an endeavor to find at least a shred of redeeming character and quality assurance in a man who has horrified the entire world with the suggestion of being its most influential "leader". I'm terrified.

So don't talk about Hillary. I can't stand her, either, but she has some good qualities ----

holy cow, you people just aren't ready for sane discussion. Probably never will be.

Excuse the hell out of me for making an effort to find some balance.
Screw all of yas.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

muse, step off! Jesus Christ!

You know what my mistake was here? It was thinking that you guys are familiar enough with me to know that I'm not endorsing Trump. If you don't know by now that I think INFOWARS is ridiculous (I even addressed it above!! The video is NOT FROM INFOWARS!!!) that Trump is a maniacal, filterless buffoon, that Hillary is a smarmy self-congratulating prima dona, that Warren and Sanders are my absolute favorites......

if you all don't know that yet, then I guess I spend way way wayyyy too much time on here trying to communicate my thoughts.

Really, even my expected "allies" are turning on me just for posting this thread?

MINI RANT BEFORE DEPARTURE:

I didn't realize how mired in middle-school histrionics this group has become.
Carry on then with your vicious hatred and bickering. I'm done here.
I'm going to alert the mods, too - you all can carry on with the blithering idiocy of name calling and finger pointing and insulting and accusing and gnashing of teeth.

Too rabid for me. Have fun. Destroy each other.....see if I care.
Actually, you know what? I think you all have finally bludgeoned the caring right out of me.

Well done.

edit on 7/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: to let everyone know I'm dumping this disaster of a thread and alerting mods to watch it. Sorry, mods...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join