It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England are....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Quad post ftw?
edit on 27/6/16 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

At least Spain got knocked out as well...I know, I know!!!

I wish I could swear!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

England are....

No, England were....

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Siddharta

We all know who's going to win anyway.

I remember Greece winning the cup one year so...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I never really understood people and sports....only if people got this emotional about stuff that goes on in the real world.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The jokes are all coming out now...

“Jo Hart went to Iceland for some bargain frozen goods. He saved nothing, in fact he only caught a cold.”

“The Remain campaign has set up another petition, this time for a rematch with Iceland to stay in the championship.”

“Only England could possibly exit Europe twice in one week!”

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
At least we can't blame the foreigners for this one .....damn

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The iceland Team fought like 'Vikings' and some actually looked like 'Vikings' whereas the England players were more insterested in gelling their hair and shampooing for TV ads...

The whole team should be ashamed of themselves... particularly with the amount of cash they earn compared to the Icelandic players!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yes England were sub par throughout the tournament, and Joe Hart... what the hell was that? I remember him conceding ridiculous goals at the 2010 world cup, I find it hard to believe he's the best english goalkeeper.
Vardy should have been given much more time time to play, imo
But Iceland are such a hardworking and solid squad, that is shouldn't be a shame to lose to them.
the odds are still against them, i might put a tenner on them reaching the final at least.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Well done to Iceland. Their manager is a part time dentist apparently and with a population of 330,000 or so, they've done bloomin' brilliantly.

No just no, no,no,no...

Lars Lagerbäck

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK. Went down to the bar for an after work round of socializing and what not and they had the replay on.

So I watched already knowing what the result was going to be. Rooney's only shot on goal was the PK! The others on the English were not up to their BPL stature either. As a half-hearted BPL follower, there were names out there on the pitch that I have seen before. Misterlondon... my sympathies! Seems like the wind was knocked out of their sail when Iceland got that bicycle kick late in the game. Rooney should have been taken out 10 minutes earlier, imo.

On the flip side, all I can say is that France better prepare! There was a replay showing the English side going in for a header and there were 4 Iceland players holding the line, 3 guarding their assignments, and the goal keep in a perfect position. They were all in the 6 yard box playing perfect defense! That was a thing of beauty to watch. It flustered (Sturridge?) so much all he could do was knock it over the back line. Yeah, France could find themselves frustrated and out will come a red.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join