It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation is a Myth: Plenty of Food and Space Exists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

He just happens to be right.

. . . depending on . . . free/cheap energy and the resulting developments.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Sorry you said IIRC which I was confused about.

For those of you who don't know fullers work

youtu.be...

The guy was one of the forgotten geniuses of the 20th century
edit on 25-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Not my desire to be condescending. Not my heart. . . . particularly not toward persons and personhood. I know I have a tendency to come across that way. I don't mind being that way toward idiotic ideas and assertions.

Combative . . . guilty . . . particularly toward the chronically contrarian fiercely hostile and haughty brand of naysayers.

The compulsive poo flingers are not my favorite critters.

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yes. He was an incredible genius.

I heard him speak at my B.A. Degree Univ. He was a riot. He was a bit dottering by then. He had a slide projector set up. I don't recall if he ever got to it, or not. After 3 hours, folks started walking out. I enjoyed his whole long ramble.

The oligarchs have commandeered the best minds they could lay their hands on for at least a century or 2. He was one of them. So was F L Wright. I don't know that they used them all that manipulatively or destructively vs insured their successes and siphoned off whatever fit their agenda.

Frank L Wright's blending with nature fit their schemes philosophically. As did Fuller's efficiency etc. stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I trust this article about as much as the junior in high school who wrote it for a catholic newsletter.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yes you can grow all of these things with self-replicating guided nano-technology....and with innovation you could use natural non-polluting materials.

The issue at hand is one TPTB will NEVER let us resolve equitably....it is all about GEOGARPHICAL RELOCATION OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION......we have billions of people living in in-hospitable areas which do not have infrastructure support and in areas where it is a losing cause to install such supports....borders will not be dissolved and this is the core value issue.

TPTB NEED these people to suffer.......they need "contrast" to work simple PR magic on us all....lol....

The only way TPTB can survive and thrive and become even richer is to CHANGE DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY.....to SUPPORT THIS GLOBAL HUMANITARIN RELOCATION and sacrifice the trillions made on shippping goods to replace it with many more trillions earned building new homes and infastructures for displaced BILLIONS..... at the end of the day TPTB stop extending themselves into shipping and focus close to home on BUILDING.....and as a long term BONUS to them once these more suitable areas are compleely optimally utilised....lol...well then they go back to shipping to make money and re-populate these same in-hospitable areas......this is a 200-300 year plan the dummies should consider.....maybe they need to hire some better people to help them make their long term plans huh???/....lol. You ALWAYS MAKE MORE MONEY BY EARNING IT THAN BY STEALING IT IN THE LONG TERM.

Money needs to be tended and it needs to keep moving to remain "alive".....to carry true power....hoarding wealth is hoarding only one ingredient of true power....growing wealth exponentially is where true power is found....the POWER OF THE PEOPLE is where true power is found....giving to the people instead of taking from the people is where true power is found.What good is money if the People dont positively recognise you for it?It is meaningless.Even untold sums are meaningless without the power of the people recognising their impacts.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

You don't have to.

There's tons of the same info, from a variety of solid sources, around for those truly interested in THE TRUTH.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If FLW was not interested in efficiency blending into nature was only aesthetic.

I don't think fuller was commandeered at all.

In fact I think they wanted him to fail and to shut up.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

I trust this article about as much as the junior in high school who wrote it for a catholic newsletter.

Exactly.

It is selective information, with an intent slant.

The info isn't necessarily wrong - - - but, it is incomplete.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Except that THEY don't really believe that.

THEY believe that they are inherently SUPERIOR to "the little people" in the pants suit's words . . . and therefore DESERVE to rule over all the simpleton Eloi.

INDEED, they feel it is their RIGHT to spend us however they will for whatever schemes they will . . . including mass genocidal murder . . . Bar-B-Quing babies for lunch or whatever suits their evil fantasies.

And for them, RAW power is much more addictive than money. Money to them is like Monopoly money already.

Look in the eyes of the pants suit . . . her blood lust for POWER is palpable. She'd likely kill her own grandmother or daughter for more power.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, it's not fully fleshed out with abundant evidence and links.

I was in a hurry.

I wanted something fairly short and sweet as a summary.

Nevertheless, the points in it are valid.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think that eventually, that was quite right.

They wanted him to go away and shut up--certainly to not have great influence . . . though they were happy to use his stuff for radar domes etc.

I do believe that initially, they folded him into their group and insured some measure of success for him.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well considering he had virtually no success I think that's off base.

His car failed.

His domes failed.

He was left to sell them to the military thinking they would get out by the public seeing them where as if he left hem on the page he had no chance.

His dymaxion home failed.

He just was relentless.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN I, then can appreciate that Bo Xian

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

He certainly did not have success at the level of his genius.

You may be more right than I, on that score.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Thanks.

Occasionally . . . rarely . . . I begin a thread and the fiercely hostile, harshly contrarian assaultive naysayers don't show up or are quite civil and polite. I don't think my combativeness arises, in those cases. I love dialogue . . . even with those who disagree--sometimes particularly so. But it's a friendly give and take, not a combative one.

And, I try to be quick to admit when I'm wrong. It's not all that easy to convince me, but it's quite possible. And, as I've noted, over the 11 years, I haven't observed anyone else on ATS come remotely close to admitting wrong as much as I have.

Pride is far too much king, here.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Sorry to go off topic. I am obviously a large fan of his work. Got a little sensitive like a favorite sports team for some.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Understandable.

I never quite idolized him but I came close. LOL.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I wouldn't say I idolized him in the typical way.

More like it was an awakening as to the potential of human beings.

First time I watched a tabla player (having already studied music for a decade) I thought to myself my goodness look what a human can do. The man's hands looked like humming bird wings except he was playing specific hand strikes to make different sounds and was improvising at the speed of sound. I was like wow that's brainpower.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Food and space aren't the only factors to consider.

There are signs that the human population may have already reached a tipping point to a crash. Falling birthrates and aberrant behavior point to a situation similar to John Calhoun's "Mouse Universe"

Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600, bringing the total population to a mere 2200 mice, even though the experiment setup allowed for as many as 3840 mice in terms of nesting space. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against.[2] After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed “the beautiful ones.” Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the populatio
n.

Ironically, social media may accelerate the crisis by reducing effective private space.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join