It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Overpopulation is a Myth: Plenty of Food and Space Exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:28 AM
a reply to: gomamon42

It's the most propaganda kowtowing, compliant perspective.

It appears that a shocking number of folks are

A) Not reading the basics of the OP premise &/or
B) Not understanding the basics of the OP &/or
C) Not thinking through the implications of the basics &/or
D) UTTERLY terminally uninformed about the basics of our life in this era.

Therefore their propaganda compliant blathering sounds soooooo erudite while being AS cruelly uninformed, misguided and off the wall wrong as the propaganda.

I'm just up briefly in the middle of my sleep but to reiterate in a summary.

1. The whole issue is ENERGY. IF, as so many of us are convinced, there is cheap or virtually free energy--then there is no population problem for the predictable future--at least once the water distribution was well along.

1.1 The population problems THE RULING ELITE OLIGARCHY has deliberately set up and caused would take some time to deal with.

2. The ruling elite are convinced that THEY CANNOT AFFORD to tolerate multi-billions of population.

(A) that it would threaten their remaining in tyrannical power--the sheer numbers would be too big a problem to remain that totally in control of.

(B) They have been convinced (by critters specializing in lies) that the planet cannot survive even the present population.

(C) They have been convinced that mankind cannot survive the threat of his own population increases.

3. Free or relatively cheap energy would solve food growing and transportation of food etc problems.

4. As Palo Soleri has demonstrated, is demonstrating with

in AZ, human populations can be housed much more wisely in smaller spaces with quick, easy, short transportation access to food growing and wide open recreational spaces. Arcosanti is designed to eventually house about 5,000 people with no job, home, restaurants, theaters etc. more than a 10 minute walk from any other. China is looking into his city designs seriously.

5. China plans to engulf, conquer, take over Australia and make the desert bloom for her large population even with currently above the table technologies.

6. We have had the atomic generating capacity with much better designed, safer and less polluting designs for decades--that the oligarchy has PREVENTED being built--mostly at all but certainly in any significant greater numbers.

7. The arable land is plenty for several times our current population, at least. Throw in many innovations in growing food already in and out of the trial stages and the multiplication factor is enormous.

8. The blight of the cities is preventable and curable. See Arcosanti above.

9. Poverty has long been preventable. The oligarchy has long had an investment in cruelly maintaining masses of poor for a list of reasons. Part of it has been their greed. Another big part has been their !!!CONTROL!!! freak compulsions and justified fears that more better off people would threaten their power and control.

10. This is all a moot point anyway. The oligarchy is slated to murder more than 3 BILLION people within 1-12 years by my estimation. I'm somewhat skeptical that the high tech society elements will survive well at all. Certainly the oligarchy will no longer be around after Armageddon but they don't realize that. They think they will win that war with their critter help.

11. IF FOLKS do not see the above; &/or
are not well informed enough to realize the facts of the above

then their arguments are based on lies, deceptions, nonsense from the same elite that have been setting this situation up for at least 400 years, and probably more than 2,000 years. It doesn't matter how erudite, scientific, well calculated etc. the blather is--it is still hollow blather based on false foundations, false premises, false logic, and false conclusions.

That just happens to be the facts.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:34 AM
a reply to: Ksihkehe

That's a rather Draconian perspective.

There is a certain practical logic to it, however.

Nevertheless, it is still NOT NECESSARY to keep the growing populations starving and impoverished.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:38 AM
Over population isn't about food or space, it is the destructive behavior from a large human population, we are on the border of what Earth can take from the present human population.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:50 AM
a reply to: Mianeye

the ruling elite tyrants WANT it that way.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:56 AM
I do not agree so much that there is "plenty" of food and space, but there isn't a shortage.

I do have a strong impression that any shortage of pretty much anything is a contrived shortage, designed to drive the price or supposed value of that thing up.

The only way there will come to be a shortage is if we keep allowing corporations and businesses to dump waste and pollute the biosphere.

Every Bozo on the planet could dump used motor oil in his back yard after changing their engine oil, and wouldn't even come close to the amount of pollution the petroleum industry and other businesses and industries release into the environment as a matter of course.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:06 AM
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

POLLUTION IS a big problem.

It is very solvable with cheap and/or free energy (the technologies of which are very environmentally clean).

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:12 AM
a reply to: BO XIAN

Correct it is not that we will not survive but that the elite will not find it so easy to control so many people.

South america may have produced 60 percent more food prior to the European conquest then it does even today, North america was not even factored into that study?.
Russia has enough arable land to feed the whole global population with excess food production but most of it is uninhabited and un farmed.
We have not even got into the potential for fish farm's using open sea boom's and of course other ocean food sources that can be controlled and husbanded even if the natural eco system collapses with artificial management and even food chain support or other method's such as artificial multi storey field's built into giant A frame greenhouses or subterranean farm's using natural power to run hydroponic system's and artificial lighting in controlled environment's with high yield potential's.

No GM necessary but of course GM is more about making money and turning food into the next Oil industry than feeding people.

Indeed the earth could potentially sustain 10 to perhaps even a hundred time's as many people as are alive today all it need's is a unified global effort and some politicians with two thing's, intelligence and ethic's both of which sadly have always been in short supply among our leaders.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM

When your aquifer becomes too contaminated to safely drink, they will be there to sell you a filtration system to clean it after they make it illegal for you to circumvent their efforts to sell you stuff by making the collection of rainwater illegal.

It's a plan Man!!!.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
a reply to: LABTECH767

But then we have this "greed" thing....

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for an informed, well-read response.

Right you are, of course.

The pollution issues are massive . . . but the solutions could be geared up just as massively--IF--the will was there to do so.

As it is and will be. . . I suspect that God has His own clean up strategies waiting in the wings until after Armageddon.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:17 AM
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Glad someone else is awake.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Arable land and potable water.

I'm significantly less concerned with water than I am land, and most concerned about disease.

We have the technology to bring clean water to the world if there was a will to do so. The graphene breakthroughs over the 21st century prove it should be a non-issue, but is effectively a political issue as BO XIAN suggests.

Arable land, that's a much more complex issue. In theory we could significantly drop our standards of living, and sustain ourselves within lets say 1 acre per person, but in many ways we'd be going back to pre-industrial times. It would be an interesting world, but it'll never happen because too many people would reject this, they already do, and so we continue to pillage the earth.

My solution is what is already taking place. We put more interest into the stars. I think the graphs you post point to an issue happening not in the next 10-25 years, but more in the 35-75 year time-frame. We can to an extent tech out of the issue by then, but also will be branching out towards the stars to a degree.

I don't think it means everyone gets a free ride, but I do think it gives us a good shot of starting fresh if we truly need to on an Earth 2.0, and hopefully the picture isn't so bleak towards the end of the century here in the process.

Anyways, I don't think matters like this can be so simplified, but Arable land and potable water is a good approach. The disease is something I'm more concerned about, and yet it's actually a bit of a solution when viewed from another angle. You could say that we've had an amazing run since the industrial revolution, and are perhaps far overdue for a course correction. It's not as if human beings haven't squandered the land of resources and introduced famine before, it's just this time there's no local place left to flee towards. I wonder how adventurous our children will be?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:06 AM

The oligarchs don't all get along. To think that a group of narcists and psychopaths all have an idea to share the power and a homogenous plan is a very big stretch.

Its much more possible people are lazy, greedy, and just don't care.

I also think it's a deflection to say its not the population itself that is causing this. We the people are responsible.

Sure they play with the market, control innovation in some cases, but when fuller and the other futurists started creating artifacts based in using the most minimum resources for the maximum design application the public though domes were weird. His car seated 11 and looked like something from the future in the 40's. It got similar mpg to today and could go 100 mph using the model t engine design.

His book of inventions alone as an individual is massive. Somemuch more useful than others.

The oligarchs are an issue but they aren't the only one. The people themselves have been apathetic for years because their lives are comfortable enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Also the technology that requires efficiency for space travel will also be available for the earth. Just like all the stuff that already comes out of the space program.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
I think Aldous Huxley said something like this, which I find to be true and relative today.

The greater the population, the harder they are to Govern.

I think we are way over populated now.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:47 AM
That would be true IF they did not all crowd to gether.
look at how much land you have in usa.
how many live in citys?
how many live a mile or more from some one?

edit on 25-6-2016 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
Misrepresenting HISTORY and REALITY to cause artificially contrived and controlled unrest GLOBALLY to provide a sympathetic dynamics for fiscal driven stakeholder group machinations is and should be treated as a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

The same people who screwed Tesla and supported Edison and who sank the Titanic in an insurance fraud and the cons who blew the TT also for an insurance scam and the people who suppress free energy and natural cures for diseases....they CREATE THE GLOBAL ENERGY CRISIS AND THE GLOBAL MEDICAL CRISIS AND THE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS.

These Humanitarian criminals are now being expeditiously tracked down via financial records ....their only hope is a Global War soon which disrupts the information sources being used to pin them to the wall and to disenfrnchise their actions by REPATRIATING ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY the QUADRILLIONS of dollars worth of impact they have stolen from Global Humanity......thats right a real life JUSTICE LEAGUE is as we speak running these Wolves down one by one by one and holding them to task....and YES....old money is being repatriated from those who INHERITED proceeds of thanks for the crooked investing which created so much fiscal impact to REPATRIATE IN FULL PLUS INTEREST......the million crooked great grandpa made which is the billion his great-grandson now has is ALL BEING TAKEN BACK....payment is due for the sins of the Fathers.

There will be no war.....Europe /Isreal are hiding some of these Global Humanitarian Enemies...the snakes head resides there......England and Russia and America and Canada and Austrialia and more are now preparing for the fiscal showdown and ATTEMPTED WORLD WAR these criminls are sure to try to ignite.......if we dont let them bait us into a world war we will end their rule of tyranny...even if we experience an Apocolypse we will break their hold first so it has no post-event influence.

Of course there is enough room and space for 35 billion people,likely double that.

We need to pacify 300 families and 3000 pillars who support them globally and force them to return their stolen loot , to repatriate quadrillions to humanity and the global economy and in this process save possibly billions of lives which will be lost in a falsely contrived global conflict these money mongers will surely try to trigger soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:57 AM

originally posted by: one4all
Of course there is enough room and space for 35 billion people,likely double that.

This site never fails to disappoint. Always good for a quick chuckle!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: one4all

This site never fails to disappoint. Always good for a quick chuckle!

I agree why we are here right?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
This OP is abundantly condescending & or combative ....... just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>