It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation is a Myth: Plenty of Food and Space Exists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I see the world as being overpopulated because we are over taxing the space required by other living species.

most wildlife is under stress worldwide.

a good culling of the human population would benefit the quality of life for all on this planet.

I would give a tax free 5,000$ check to all females who agree to be fixed, tubes tied.

this would be voluntary and would gradually lessen the demand for human consumption of goods and space.

reducing humans by 50% to 80% of todays numbers would be ideal, imo.

work could be created by demolishing no longer needed homes, cities and towns.

I believe this to be by far the best solution to the destruction of our planets environment.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: citizen6511

Hmm would you like to volunteer?.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: citizen6511
I believe this to be by far the best solution to the destruction of our planets environment.

No you don't.

If you did, you wouldn't be here to post this drivel, you would have already become part of the 'solution'.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

When you want to read the main points of my OP and perspective . . . with any serious hint of fair-mindedness and understanding, then perhaps we can have a dialogue.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The pollution of the biosphere is a very serious issue.

And it is extremely problematic to mankind and other living things.

It IS also solvable . . . with free energy and all that would imply and provide.

Great seeing that you are aware, perceptive, thoughtful and not blinded by the propaganda.

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I do not agree so much that there is "plenty" of food and space, but there isn't a shortage.

I do have a strong impression that any shortage of pretty much anything is a contrived shortage, designed to drive the price or supposed value of that thing up.

The only way there will come to be a shortage is if we keep allowing corporations and businesses to dump waste and pollute the biosphere.

Every Bozo on the planet could dump used motor oil in his back yard after changing their engine oil, and wouldn't even come close to the amount of pollution the petroleum industry and other businesses and industries release into the environment as a matter of course.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

INDEED. GREAT POINTS. THANKS.

There's plenty for many times our current population WITHOUT using the great multiplier food growing technologies (!NOT! GMO) that many have come up with--many hydroponic etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Like seedlings that have been planted in small containers, eventually they must be transplanted to a much larger and open space to thrive.

Humans are the same.

We need to get off this planet and colonize.

Eventually at some point, there will be too many people on this planet. And having our eggs all in one basket is a very bad idea. There are way, way too many ways that the universe can kill us off and make us extinct.

Either life (plague), the Earth, or something out there in space will do it.

There maybe enough room and resources now.....and we might even level off at some point and make it maintainable.

But humans staying on this one rock is a very bad idea.

Too many bad things can happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

When your aquifer becomes too contaminated to safely drink, they will be there to sell you a filtration system to clean it after they make it illegal for you to circumvent their efforts to sell you stuff by making the collection of rainwater illegal.

It's a plan Man!!!.

INDEED. WHAT UTTER INSANE HIDEOUSNESS.

Sheesh.

GRRRR

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: citizen6511

No you don't.

If you did, you wouldn't be here to post this drivel, you would have already become part of the 'solution'.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. With his 5k donation a mad scientist will build a time-machine to send him back before his conception. Then he can convince his mother to voluntarily forego his birth by having her tubes tied.

I mean you have to fit it in so it makes sense... you weren't suggesting something different out of an irrational knee-jerk reaction now, were you?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Great points.

I don't think the arable land issue would be anything like the problem it is with the political will and water free/cheap energy would provide.

Disease is also solvable . . . much has evidently already been solved but kept under wraps on that score.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I find myself replying to more of your OPs than I think anyone else!

I think that the situation is strongly based on the "Problem-Reaction-Solution" standard. There is a problem, but "they" need the majority to react in a certain way so that a narrow, self serving solution can be implemented. (Enter Agenda 21)

Personally, I feel the solution is through decentralized structures and systems. Each node advances on its own self-sufficiency and growth, then shares its progress with all other nodes through technology. Constructive competition at its best.

I'm not going in much detail, as I'm not really concerned about convincing anyone. At one point, I was working on an entire suite of systems that would enable this.. but I think I'm over it.

When I see things like "we can't grow food in Antarctica!" I just shake my head and lose a bit more hope. Its like our pioneering, innovative spirit has been crushed and recycled into a myopic, guided future of SSDD.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Nicely said.
I live in the Mid west USA. I have 4 acres of land, and if I needed to I could grow a lot more food than my family could possibly eat. That could also include chickens. Food in the US is cheap, even with the price increases we have seen.

The problem is more than likely horrible governments around the world and lack of a US like constitution. Freedom feeds people.

As far as a big conspiracy, I don't see any proof of it. Again I see horrible governments abusing it's citizens.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The oligarchs don't all get along. To think that a group of narcists and psychopaths all have an idea to share the power and a homogenous plan is a very big stretch.

I think you are right that they disagree over various whatever strategies.

I think you may not be thinking of or aware that they have a VERY RUTHLESS BOSS who will whip them all in line as they will and have any of their underlings--by death in a flash, if that seems fitting. None of them stray very far from the goal and the chosen strategies.

Its much more possible people are lazy, greedy, and just don't care.

There's plenty of all that in our era. However, the oligarchs care tons about their goals, methods and strategies and exterminate those who get significantly in the way . . . if that's necessary . . . and sometimes . . . just for effect.

I also think it's a deflection to say its not the population itself that is causing this. We the people are responsible.

Yes and no. Certainly we do an abundance of the polluting. However, the Eloi have little choice in major aspects of their lives. The Morlachs have set up the structures, the infrastructures etc. etc. etc. To change any of that would require the oligarchs changing it. Not going to happen.

Sure they play with the market, control innovation in some cases, but when fuller and the other futurists started creating artifacts based in using the most minimum resources for the maximum design application the public though domes were weird. His car seated 11 and looked like something from the future in the 40's. It got similar mpg to today and could go 100 mph using the model t engine design.

His book of inventions alone as an individual is massive. Some much more useful than others.

The oligarchs are an issue but they aren't the only one. The people themselves have been apathetic for years because their lives are comfortable enough.

I was a fan of Fuller's in my youth. Still love domes etc. IIRC, he was on the oligarch's team consciously. As was Frank Lloyd Wright . . . to my great sadness.

Thanks for your meaty contribution.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Which may be an effect of living outside of natural inferior gene reduction.

A population this big may produce larger number of psychopaths who have a large enough pool to manipulate decent unsuspecting people.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yeah. I think those efficiencies are great things for mankind and the planet.

We shall see what succeeds on such scores.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Huxley was DEFINITELY in the oligarch camp. He served their compulsion to signal their intentions well ahead of time as the 'sporting thing to do' before trashing, exterminating most of the masses.

He was stating what they believed even back then.

And, it's probably true. A larger amorphous unruly bunch of individuals are increasingly problematic to govern . . . particularly without "Soma" etc. . . . Which they oligarchs have been busy creating with propaganda and a myriad other control mechanisms chemical and otherwise.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Bucky fuller and the futurists were not on the oligarchs team. He may have used funding to actually build products but the guy dedicated his life to educating people on the fact we are living on a spaceship with finite resources and we are devouring them. The guy made maps of who controls resources and how they could be used more efficiently.

I don't think you have read much or watched much about him.

Frank was an architect. Thats it. He used concepts of incorporating nature into the design for aesthetics.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Nicely said.
I live in the Mid west USA. I have 4 acres of land, and if I needed to I could grow a lot more food than my family could possibly eat. That could also include chickens. Food in the US is cheap, even with the price increases we have seen.

Can you grow computers, fiber optics, hospitals, fire departments, police departments, rocket ships... you know, the good stuff?

lol, I'm just having fun with ya. It's funny to hear people try to boil this down to just one or two things.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well worth repeating your fine points with emphasis.

However, it is somewhat delusional to think that they will not win (at least mostly and over all) for at least 7 years after the devastating festivities begin. That script has been written to that degree and it WILL play out to the letter.

The scenario that you mention of them being rounded up has surfaced in another light . . . Just imagine that all those being tracked down are NOT the top tier. That the top tier have succeeded in still being very hidden.

Then . . . just after or in the middle or end of WW3 (which WILL be lit off), the critters appear wholesale all around the planet and cheer the rounding up and punishments of the lower tiers of the oligarchy . . . and then bring out the formerly hidden top tier as the new saviors of the world; the heads of the new global government . . . the satan incarnate leader of which "makes war with peace" as the script says he will.

And around 3.5 years later . . . he REALLY begins to put the screws to the populace . . . and to demand utter kowtowing worship etc. etc. etc.

That's roughly the scenario I expect.

And the devastations to the population and the planet will be enormous.

Be cause HIS goal is primarily to trash as many of God's favorite creation as he can before he knows he's going to be removed from the planet.

He has reportedly deluded the rest of the oligarchs that they will defeat Almighty Yehovah God at Armageddon. He knows that's not true but the scheme works to increase the numbers of individuals he can trash. Besides, like HC, lying is his nature.

There will certainly be lots of freed-up land after all those traumas.

originally posted by: one4all
Misrepresenting HISTORY and REALITY to cause artificially contrived and controlled unrest GLOBALLY to provide a sympathetic dynamics for fiscal driven stakeholder group machinations is and should be treated as a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

The same people who screwed Tesla and supported Edison and who sank the Titanic in an insurance fraud and the cons who blew the TT also for an insurance scam and the people who suppress free energy and natural cures for diseases....they CREATE THE GLOBAL ENERGY CRISIS AND THE GLOBAL MEDICAL CRISIS AND THE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS.

These Humanitarian criminals are now being expeditiously tracked down via financial records ....their only hope is a Global War soon which disrupts the information sources being used to pin them to the wall and to disenfrnchise their actions by REPATRIATING ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY the QUADRILLIONS of dollars worth of impact they have stolen from Global Humanity......thats right a real life JUSTICE LEAGUE is as we speak running these Wolves down one by one by one and holding them to task....and YES....old money is being repatriated from those who INHERITED IT....as proceeds of crime.....so thanks for the crooked investing which created so much fiscal impact to REPATRIATE IN FULL PLUS INTEREST......the million crooked great grandpa made which is the billion his great-grandson now has is ALL BEING TAKEN BACK....payment is due for the sins of the Fathers.

There will be no war.....Europe /Isreal are hiding some of these Global Humanitarian Enemies...the snakes head resides there......England and Russia and America and Canada and Austrialia and more are now preparing for the fiscal showdown and ATTEMPTED WORLD WAR these criminls are sure to try to ignite.......if we dont let them bait us into a world war we will end their rule of tyranny...even if we experience an Apocolypse we will break their hold first so it has no post-event influence.

Of course there is enough room and space for 35 billion people,likely double that.

We need to pacify 300 families and 3000 pillars who support them globally and force them to return their stolen loot , to repatriate quadrillions to humanity and the global economy and in this process save possibly billions of lives which will be lost in a falsely contrived global conflict these money mongers will surely try to trigger soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I don't recall what I was reading that indicated Bucky was on their team.

I'm aware of his stuff you have mentioned.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join