It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation is a Myth: Plenty of Food and Space Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're not a realist

unless and until

you are dealing with, factoring in the very REAL impacts of the oligarchy's decisions and actions across the planet . . . in all the major spheres of life.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

If you need to PM me to chat . . . go ahead.

I'm heading to the shower then will check back.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So I read this and researched it.

This is a Pro-Life - - Pro-Procreation based report by a teenager.

Anyone with a child would be Pro-life - - Pro-Procreation I would assume. Maybe those that are Anti-Life - - Anti- Procreation should be the very first to give up their children as a righteous statement and be a beacon of light to lead the way for all others. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

According to this, Texas would only allow for 100 square meters per person.

The world would allow for 2.3 acres pp.

www.zo.utexas.edu...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Now, now.

You know that in this era of the DEATH MEME

it's NOT PC

to be pro-life . . .

or pro much of anything but death.

Besides, it's a knee jerk reflex to kill the messenger whenever a message is the least bit uncomfortable or annoying.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

According to this, Texas would only allow for 100 square meters per person.

The world would allow for 2.3 acres pp.

www.zo.utexas.edu...

That's interesting so far. I'm too tired to absorb it right now.

Water is the key. The one essential ingredient.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When discussing this topic you need to have an understanding of biology. What the world can support, versus what we need, are very different. We produce more food, constantly, and this causes over-population.

More food. More people. It is a biological certainty. If we continue to have food surplus we will continue to have breeding. We need to stop people from breeding where the locality cannot support more people.

That's racist though, since it means many African locations need to stop reproducing. Local food and produce is great, but there are many locations that cannot support that. That's racist.

Keep sending food, that helps. More and more starving.... if we stop sending food it would reach stasis... but that's racist.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver

originally posted by: Annee
So I read this and researched it.

This is a Pro-Life - - Pro-Procreation based report by a teenager.

Anyone with a child would be Pro-life - - Pro-Procreation I would assume.

I'm a grandmother.

I'm pro Choice and anti-indiscriminate breeding

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Do you have a similarly Draconian solution to the 'indiscriminate breeding?" . . . as the one implemented for the

in-convenient children?

though, that's off topic. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Do you have a similarly Draconian solution to the 'indiscriminate breeding?" . . . as the one implemented for the

in-convenient children?

though, that's off topic. Sigh.

Really not on topic.

Was just responding to a post.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I agree with you completely on the breeding point because of the four generations down, never worked just sponged and holidayed in jail for shop lifting and violence etc etc - all smokers except the baby and drug users to boot - we clearly pay these dodge pots far too much benefit.

What I would say though is that they are not typical of Brits and now we are importing non working men with 4 wives - all breeders - hopefully not for long though.

However I think the article this is about is wrong simply because our roads are grid locked and a friend who has a very good job is having to give it up because of the roads being so bad, he can't get to meetings on time and the worry has made him ill.

We don't have enough housing, schools, GP's dentists, the list goes on and on and we are definitely overpopulated in certain areas some very run down which need investment badly. Nature provides an answer to over production etc and we have balked this with defying early death (fortunately) for a lot of diseases, but that has its problems also.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: savagediver

Now, now.

You know that in this era of the DEATH MEME

it's NOT PC

to be pro-life . . .

or pro much of anything but death.

Besides, it's a knee jerk reflex to kill the messenger whenever a message is the least bit uncomfortable or annoying.

Sigh.

Looking at the historic record, that's pretty true.

And reading people's comments on this website alone (think about the others I read their comments on), the world is just about bursting with hatred filled people that would murder on a dime, who have no love of anything but themselves and their perverted lusts and desires.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Arable land and potable water.

Problem.

Are we going to wait until we're tripping over each trying to get at a small piece of lab-grown hamburger before we admit that we're running out of arable land space due to the expansion of cities and infrastructure to accomodate an exponentially growing population ?

I should hope not.

How many of you would be willing to move to the Sahara desert so that the arable land your city is build on can be torn down and repurposed for agriculture and animal farming ?

How many of you are aware that the areas of the planet that have the best land for farming are where the most of the highest populations and cities are built on top of ?

It's going to be a huge problem in the very near future.

this whole post is pretty much the most intelligent thing in this thread so far. We in the west have the luck and the foolish idea that there is plenty of space and land and food and water if we just organize and manage it properly, we can keep not only maintaining the population, but increasing it. which is...insane. I'd post arguments and facts and figures, but the previous post already did, and if that doesn't convince you, either do the research yourself, or your're just a lost cause.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Arable land is not a political problem.

It's a geographical and climatic problem.

You can't grow tomatoes in Antarctica.

Bull#, I could grow tomatoes on Mars!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Arable land is not a political problem.

It's a geographical and climatic problem.

You can't grow tomatoes in Antarctica.

Bull#, I could grow tomatoes on Mars!

Nice shout out to: The Martian

But they was potatoes.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

I was reading somewhere, some time ago, that if you took everyone on earth and gave them an acre of land to themselves, they would all fit in the a land the size of Texas.

That should have read if everyone in the world was brought in to the state of Texas , everyone would have one foot of space around them...

If all the vehicles in the world were brought together in Georgia , it would not even fill the state

Africa is only 3% populated , with 98% of that on the coast

Just FYIs

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Are you insane??? You can "myth" numbers. Numbers don't lie. Exponential growth doesn't lie. Just... Seriously. It's as solid and hard a fact as is "things fall down".

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Arable land and potable water.

Problem.

Are we going to wait until we're tripping over each trying to get at a small piece of lab-grown hamburger before we admit that we're running out of arable land space due to the expansion of cities and infrastructure to accomodate an exponentially growing population ?

I should hope not.

How many of you would be willing to move to the Sahara desert so that the arable land your city is build on can be torn down and repurposed for agriculture and animal farming ?

How many of you are aware that the areas of the planet that have the best land for farming are where the most of the highest populations and cities are built on top of ?

It's going to be a huge problem in the very near future.

Boom. Nothing more needs to be said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join