It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proven right once again, FBI Chief, Can't investigate Muslims

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I don't think it's a slippery slope ... I think if we target members of a religion solely on the basis of the religion we are trampling on the First Amendment ... no matter why we do it, or what justification we think we have for it.

This is mostly an issue in regard to Muslim Americans of course, although, foreign nationals are accorded most of our basic freedoms which includes, of course, religion.

I happen to believe (and I am preparing for the incoming flames) that recognition of this basic fact is one reason behind the Obama Administration's reluctance to use phrases like Radical Islamic Terrorism.

It's not merely the logical fact that overwhelmingly the worlds Muslims are not terrorists, but also, in terms of AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ACTION ... it is explicitly illegal to target members of a religion.

Period. End of story.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Also, what does the killer's mosque have to do with him?

Well, if the killers mosque is a nexus for like minded individuals to meet and network then that mosque, and anyone associated with it, should be under closer scrutiny.

And Omar Mateen was not the only one who professed an affiliation with radical Islam to have attended this particular mosque:

The bomber, Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha, attended the same mosque as Malik and Mateen.

A Muslim man who attended the same mosque as the Orlando shooter reported him to the FBI in 2014

Don't you think that the FBI has a dossier (which, among other things, would include profiling information) on everyone of those who showed up at the Bundy Ranch?

Profiling those who are associated with known radical elements is simply common sense.
edit on 25-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

From your linked article:

The FBI has categorically denied the notion that Muslim-Americans don't cooperate with law-enforcement officials in terrorism investigations. FBI director James Comey said in a press conference last week: "They do not want people committing violence, either in their community or in the name of their faith, and so some of our most productive relationships are with people who see things and tell us things who happen to be Muslim. It's at the heart of the FBI's effectiveness to have good relationships with these folks."

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gee, and what do you think those who are cooperating with the FBI are doing?

They are helping to flesh out information that came from an initial profile...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Gee, and what do you think those who are cooperating with the FBI are doing?

They are helping to flesh out information that came from an initial profile...

The nominal topic here is the baseless claim in the OP that the FBI can't investigate terrorism if Muslims are involved.

I believe you've just proven conclusively that isn't factual.

Congratulations.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I don't think it's a slippery slope ... I think if we target members of a religion solely on the basis of the religion we are trampling on the First Amendment ... no matter why we do it, or what justification we think we have for it.

How can you watch this video and say that ? Just curious ?

If they follow through with the ideology presented they are trampling on others rights.
As you say....period end of story.

Unlike you I realize the challenges of finding the middle ground in this, we can't condemn 1.6 billion people on a ideology they may or may not embrace to the point of violence against their fellow humans.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
geez, if trump said that the sky was blue, there would be an ATS post with the title "trump proven right, the sky is blue!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hmmm ... what do you think when you watch these videos ...

At about 0:47 in.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
33+ Stars and 55 flags to this are likely Trumps...

just saying that Ego brand tire has enough air over inflation is dangerous.

Im gonna flag it simply because I cant drive 55 and thats just due to discrimination and well OP is likely nice but not OPP nice.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hm, let's take a look at what is out there, shall we?

As reported in March 2012 by National Public Radio (NPR): “The FBI has completed a review of offensive training material and has purged 876 pages and 392 presentations, according to a briefing provided to lawmakers.”22 Documents obtained a year later by the Judicial Watch FOIA lawsuit revealed that among the reasons given by the FBI for purging “offensive” training documents were:

* “Article is highly inflammatory and inaccurately argues the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization.”23

* “Page 13 inaccurately states that AQ [al Qaeda] is responsible for the bombing of the Khobar Towers and that AQ is ‘clearly linked’ to the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.”24

* “The overall tenor of the presentation is too informal in the current political context.”25

* “The Qur’an is not the teachings of the Prophet, but the revealed word of God.”26

* “Remove references to mosques specifically as a radicalization incubator.”27

* “Remove sweeping generality of ‘Those who fit the terrorist profile best (for the present at least) are young male immigrants of Middle Eastern appearance.’”28

* “author seems to conflate ‘Islamic Militancy’ with ‘terrorism’ and needs to define the difference and use it in their analysis.”29

A bit further on, we find the following"

Aulaqi seems to be the perfect example of an active measures operative. By means of deception, he conducted himself publicly as a supposedly “moderate” Muslim cleric, while engaged in clandestine operations supporting the 9/11 hijackers. While lecturing Pentagon officials on their need to be “sensitive” to the Muslim community (an influence operation), he secretly plotted traitorous, Jihadist attacks against his fellow citizens. He appears to have manipulated and/or deceived, at least for a time, the FBI and perhaps the CIA. Having fled the country, he went on to drop the cover of deception, and then openly advocated for Jihadist attacks against his country of birth. He radicalized, inspired and directed terror attacks as the head of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula until his death.

From the article I sourced in my prior post:

Shortly thereafter, however, Mateen told Malik that he, too, had been watching videos of Awlaki.

Back to the report:

Aulaqi ran an aggressive “cyber-Jihad” from Yemen, using YouTube for proselytizing and recruiting Islamists to wage Jihad around the world. Those techniques are increasingly important for influence operations and broader
active measures campaigns. Why did the U.S. government allow Aulaqi years of unfettered access to the Internet and YouTube?53 The public was told that Aulaqi was a terrorist, when it appears that he was, at least, a U.S. government informant. Did President Obama know about Aulaqi’s status when he ordered his death by drone strike?

It would seem as though Aulaqi (Awlaqi by some spellings), was successful in recruiting at least one jihadist in to his campaign in the person of Omar Mateen.

Now, a little more recently and a bit more applicable is this:

Current jihadist operations are conducted under the umbrella, direction and coordination of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), the MB, as well as al Qaeda (AQ) and its affiliates. The MB’s motto provides perspective on their ideology and operations: "Allah is our objective; the Koran is our law, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and dying in the way of Allah is the highest of our aspirations."58 The arsenal of jihad includes the weapons of terrorism and acts of war, as well as influence campaigns, propaganda and active measures.

Consistent with this fear-based approach, in December 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hosted a three-day, closed-door, international “Istanbul Process” conference on measures to combat religious “intolerance, negative stereotyping and stigmatization.” The conference was intended to “implement” UN Human Rights Council Resolution 16/18, a victory for the OIC in advancement of its goal that “defamation of religion” should be punished criminally worldwide. A 10-year goal of the OIC was accomplished. The Resolution, titled: “Combating Intolerance, Negative Stereotyping and Stigmatization of, and Discrimination, Incitement to Violence and Violence Against, Persons Based on Religion or Belief,” implements two steps for UN member states: 1) prohibiting discrimination based on religion or belief;and,2) training government officials, including on how to implement effective out reach to religious communities. Participants included experts from invited countries and international organizations, as well as personnel from the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Justice.65 By hosting this conference Secretary Clinton directly and indirectly advanced the agenda of the OIC and validated oppression.66

On May 10, 2012, Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) went to the floor of the House of Representatives and discussed “disappearing language” about the jihadist threat using a chart to display the frequency of use of descriptive terms in government law enforcement and intelligence documents:

So the FBI can investigate radical Muslim extremists, just as long as they don't use any of the above terminology

A Judicial Watch Special Report:

U.S. Government Purges of Law Enforcement Training Material Deemed “Offensive” to Muslims

Documentation and Analysis of Islamist Active Measures and Influence Operations Targeting Anti-terrorism Training

December 5, 2013

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Impressive research, most of it with considerably well-known right-wing bias, but still, you went to the effort to backup your claims.

So the FBI is investigating Terrorists when needed and staying within the First Amendment and not targeting a religion.

Working as intended.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

....Working as intended until some retard gains control of the reins of this country and starts slinging executive orders like "Bit-O-Honey" at a forth of July parade....

....Who might I be referring to?....

....I was trying to find a clip to embed here of Trump talking about executive orders and such, but could not find the patience to listen to his babbling long enough to find one I thought appropriate....

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

....Working as intended until some retard gains control of the reins of this country and starts slinging executive orders like "Bit-O-Honey" at a forth of July parade....

....I was trying to find a clip to embed here of Trump talking about executive orders and such, but could not find the patience to listen to his babbling long enough to find one I thought appropriate....

Donald J. Trump not only isn't a politician, but seems to have about as much understanding of how the US Government works as he does about the Bible.

I crack up everytime I hear him quote from Two Corinthians.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I used to laugh about some of the things he said and claimed to have done and so on.

Too many have been cheering for too long when he says and claims such silliness.

It's getting to the point that it isn't even all that funny any more.

edit on 25-6-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I used to laugh about some of the things he said and claimed to have done and so on.

Too many have been cheering for too long when he says and claims such silliness.

It's getting to the point that it isn't even all that funny any more.

Believing that he will lose interest helps me sleep at night.

It's his usual MO.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
33+ Stars and 55 flags to this are likely Trumps...

just saying that Ego brand tire has enough air over inflation is dangerous.

Im gonna flag it simply because I cant drive 55 and thats just due to discrimination and well OP is likely nice but not OPP nice.

you have to remember, anything bashing the left gets multiple stars and flags on ATS.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

....I felt like Run-ning...-Forrest Gump.

"Forrest Gump" even sounds almost like "Donald Trump"....

Forrest Trump. Donald Gump. OMG!.

I think I figured it out.

EERIE!........................
edit on 25-6-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: EEK

I claim intellectual property on this.
edit on 25-6-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

....I felt like Run-ning...-Forrest Gump.

"Forrest Gump" even sounds almost like "Donald Trump"....

EERIE!........................

Similarities beyond rhyme!

Both are mentally ... different ... folks who became famous by being in the right place at the right time.

Forrest has better words, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Donald J. Trump not only isn't a politician, but seems to have about as much understanding of how the US Government works as he does about the Bible.

I crack up everytime I hear him quote from Two Corinthians.

Yeah I'd say his running mate will be very important he needs an insider to learn how thr game Is played. And if rumors are true it will be Ted Cruz. The Two most hated candidates in the Republican party. But at least Cruz knows how the game Is played. Kind of makes sense they were similar on most issues. But we shall see.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The FBI has to profile in order to begin their investigation it's a fact.

Without profiling they can't search for potential targets.

You have no idea what your talking about.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join