It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Discuss Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Do you think it happens? Have you heard of any theory of time travel which you think is actually believable? If so, which ones?

This video is very compelling. One could at least make the argument for the possibility of time travel happening.

And yes, number 5 in this list has been debunked as being a man-made trailer for some video game. The others, however, has no real explanation.

What about the story of John Titor? Or maybe the naval ship with seamen that supposedly teleported in a split second, and the men aboard were never heard from again?

Let's discuss!
edit on 23-6-2016 by Privy_Princess because: wrong youtube video

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You can't just travel through time. You also have to travel to the exact point in space for the time you wanted to travel. If not done completely perfectly, you most likely end up in deep space or fused into a solid object and die instantly. I don't think time travel exists or ever will.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Toolman18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

Do you think it happens?

Yes. I am traveling through time right now.

As for time travel to the past? I don't want to say never, but I'm doubtful it will ever be possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I like the bootstrap paradox of time travel. I like it because it seems impossible but is internally consistent.

Imagine you invent an app. I go back in time previous to your inventing the app and give it to you. Who really invented the app?

bootstrap time travel causal loop

I honestly think we have a long way to go.

edit on 23-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: Correction

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I tried this but got nowhere. I was sad!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

H.G.Wells at least would be proud.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

👍🏽 He sure would be! Knowing you brought up his name he might send you somewhere in time! Lol

edit on 6 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

If I could just go back about 20 years...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Enter my friend away you go!
edit on 6 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Did you know that ATS used to have a John Titor dedicated forum? It can be found by using the wayback machine...how literally funny is that? I am not sure which iteration of ATS it was, maybe around 2005?

edit on 23-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: No reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I know for a fact that I will never time travel because If I ever will, I would have to come back to 6/23/2016 and make sure to not have watched that video. LOL

IMO To time travel the way most think of time travel and as suggested by the video, we would have to be in a virtual environment. Doable when we can upload our conscience to a computer with infinite hdd space and resources.

To time travel to the future is likely easier, use cryogenics and wake up at a predetermined time.

But I love me some timetravel topics and scifi.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Never say never, in the grand scheme of things nothing is impossible. As far as Titor goes... I have my doubts. This person should exist in our "time line" by now as a teen and have some form of paper trail. (I search the name a couple times a year just for giggles.)

I do have a theory about time travel though, to break it down to simplicity it works kinda like this, all points in space-time have a frequency unique to that point, is we could isolate the frequency and then use a RIFE type of device to flood a room or contained area (TARDIS anyone) with the targeted frequency you have an effect like watching the past replay. (Also if this has happened/will happen it might explain some ghost type stuff too) Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

For the future it is easy but the idea is stasis basically. Like a Tipler time machine. True time travel has to incorporate the ability to go backwards and forwards in time. All our ideas die on the belief that time is linear. Once we can actually prove it isn't I imagine we could think of ways to take advantage of that.

But we would need to prove it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

We can change the rate of our passage through time.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Never say never, in the grand scheme of things nothing is impossible. As far as Titor goes... I have my doubts. This person should exist in our "time line" by now as a teen and have some form of paper trail. (I search the name a couple times a year just for giggles.)

I do have a theory about time travel though, to break it down to simplicity it works kinda like this, all points in space-time have a frequency unique to that point, is we could isolate the frequency and then use a RIFE type of device to flood a room or contained area (TARDIS anyone) with the targeted frequency you have an effect like watching the past replay. (Also if this has happened/will happen it might explain some ghost type stuff too) Thoughts?

Time doesn't work that way.

For one, one of the functions that define frequency is how long the oscillation takes. So you'd be recursively defining time with itself.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It is no worse a theory than any other proposed, nobody knows for sure how time works, we only know/think that is is linked in space. I could be wrong, but so could everyone else. No sense in not exploring an idea. How else would you find out if it worked or not?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I made a thread that was inspired by this one. It is in RATS, I will link it here.

Time travelling travellers and ...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I did not know that, but thanks for the knowledge!

I'll look into it

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

In the video of the guy who apparently met his 70 year old self, it says that he captured the video with his cell 'phone.

Firstly, the 'phone must have been held by a third person as it is too far away from the pair for either of them to have held it.

Secondly, there are multiple artifacts in the lens flare, indicating compound lenses more like a professional video camera than a single lens cell phone.

Thirdly, the video was part of a viral marketing campaign selling insurance.

Obvious fake, like number 5.

Also the one with the photos of the rally, supposedly in 2016, is very obviously 'Photoshopped', containing pictures from 2012, from the Project Pegasus website, of Andrew D Basiago, the supposed candidate. If you go to his current website, you will see that he has aged since the 2012 photo.

edit on 23/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I think that the video was linked more to promote a discussion about time travel than it was to prove it, to be honest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join