It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
This should be moved to Hoax bin.

(drink)

Oh and...

www.hhs.gov...

Section 1557 builds on prior Federal civil rights laws to prohibit sex discrimination in health care. The final rule requires that women be treated equally with men in the health care they receive and also prohibits the denial of health care or health coverage based on an individual’s sex, including discrimination based on pregnancy, gender identity, and sex stereotyping. The final rule also requires covered health programs and activities to treat individuals consistent with their gender identity.

Where noncompliance or threatened noncompliance cannot be corrected by informal means, available enforcement mechanisms include suspension of, termination of, or refusal to grant or continue Federal financial assistance; referral to the Department of Justice with a recommendation to bring proceedings to enforce any rights of the United States; and any other means authorized by law. The final rule also recognizes that an individual may bring a civil action to challenge a Section 1557 violation.

www.hhs.gov...

Individuals cannot be denied health care or health coverage based on their sex, including their gender identity and sex stereotyping.

Categorical coverage exclusions or limitations for all health care services related to gender transition are discriminatory.

So here's the thing guys. Title IX is specific to sex. It is meant to cover biology and that is it. But that doesn't stop the so-called legal experts in the Obama administration. This is a huge lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Oh yeah, and did I mention it is insane?

edit on 22-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

So then what if the Patient thinks it's a Giant Panda Bear, must the Dr. too pretend to be a Giant Panda Bear?

Don't you find the whole concept of transgender people a bit weird? Like maybe too weird to just chalk up to people deciding to be weird? Like maybe weird enough to go to WPATH or a transgender resource (no, not the ones that Christian blogs like to link you to from waaaay back) and figure out this super weird thing?

Where is everybody's sense of academia? You guys can believe in ghosts and aliens and holograms knocking down buildings... but an actual condition that causes your brain to express itself as one gender but your body another while in the womb? That's too far?! That's where you all draw the line?

Jesus, you guys are really disappointing me.

edit on 22-6-2016 by Abysha because: removed my bitchiness

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So you finally took the courage to read? Bravo for you! I'm proud of you child. You're growing up.

Now there's seems to be a little fight left in you since you're still having problems with transgenderism. But at least you DO see that there's nothing in the rule that makes doctors take precedence for one group of people over another?

I'm hoping you grow up and see that maybe, JUST MAYBE, that your article has false or exaggerated claims.
I'm proud of you.

edit on 6/22/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Where is everybody's sense of academia? You guys can believe in ghosts and aliens and holograms knocking down buildings... but an actual condition that causes your brain to express itself as one gender but your body another while in the womb? That's too far?! That's where you all draw the line?

Sounds like a condition characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So you finally took the courage to read? Bravo for you! I'm proud of you child. You're growing up.

(triple ad hominem drink)

You can think whatever you like. I like showing how juvenile you are with your debating skills.

I think you aren't looking with an eye to what ambulance chasers will do.

Patient A is a woman
Patient B is a woman who thinks she is a man.
A and B have the same doctor.

A needs surgical procedure X to prolong her life. B thinks that she needs procedure X because she wants to transition to a man and has a note from her shrink and she thinks X will help her achieve that.

Their doctor knows that A needs X, but X for B is not medically necessary.

Doctor performs X on A, but will not perform X on B because not only is it unnecessary, but also because any surgery carries a risk of complications and could lead to surgical malpractice issues, insurance rate increase, etc.

B thinks that the doctor is discriminating against 'him' because the doctor will not concede to 'his' 'gender identity' and is violating 'his' civil rights to medical treatment as per note from 'his' shrink.

Ambulance-chasing Lawyer smells a good lawsuit.

Doctor has to spend time and money to defend against frivolous lawsuit, while all the time being harassed and threated on social media, and pounced on by liberal/sympathetic media.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You know what's really funny? You actually believe any of this is real.

When you die it's not going to matter, the illusion of time and reality will fade away, so it's the here and now people are concerned about. It goes Both ways.

So disappointed...
but have a medal you earned it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Sounds like a condition characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real.

Bingo! Now you get it. That's exactly how I would describe the typical anti-trans parrot on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

To put it this way... I wouldn't want to go to a Dr. who consistently Changes his sex to appease the few. A Dr. who now looks like he's got a Mental Condition and has no balls to stand for what is right and say f'off to the Establishment.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Get What Abysha, that because the 2% of the Planet must force their agenda using a psycho president to do it onto the 98% they're called out as being Anti or Phobic or just big Meanies 'wahhhhhh' get over yourself.

There's nothing to GET.

link   

You know what's really funny? You actually believe any of this is real.

When you die it's not going to matter, the illusion of time and reality will fade away, so it's the here and now people are concerned about. It goes Both ways.

So disappointed...
but have a medal you earned it.

Like, in general "really reals"? So your response is that NOTHING is real?

That's not just giving up your point and picking up the pieces and going home, that's flipping the table upside down and burning any evidence you ever played.

But whatever. If none of it's real, why do you care?

link   

Bingo! Now you get it. That's exactly how I would describe the typical anti-trans parrot on ATS.

Oh irony.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Get What Abysha, that because the 2% of the Planet must force their agenda using a psycho president to do it onto the 98% they're called out as being Anti or Phobic or just big Meanies 'wahhhhhh' get over yourself.

There's nothing to GET.

What are you being forced to do?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh irony.

Totally!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well several things will still be real.

The skeleton will reveal the anatomical structure they developed over time, and a DNA sample will show what sex they really were.

Science and reality simply don't care about the sex they wanted to believe.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: science!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

As i said, the here and Now matters to people because they're still experiencing it.

After Death do you believe you'll be 'somewhere' or 'go' somewhere? Does it matter to you? Does it not matter to you?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is where we part my friend, past this understanding of reality. But that doesn't matter it's all choice.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You're the one who called me a child. So it's fair play.

So anyway as for the rest? Apparently you refuse to give up the fact that the claim you and the article have made is NOT in the rule. And you talk about juvenile? I thought you were growing up. Well at least you read the rule which is a big step for you.

Ambulance-chasing lawyers. LMAO!!! You're getting really pathetic.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

ah i see you love to play mind games Abyshat, Ok well i'm sorry i don't have time to play right now, but good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

This is where we part my friend, past this understanding of reality. But that doesn't matter it's all choice.

Nah it's all good. I'm looking forward to the next life too. But I won't reference my faith in a discussion on science with people who have different beliefs. We need to be debating from a common ground, and in this case that is biology, genetics, anatomy, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh look, if it isn't the husband and wife team of anti-trans crusaders! What a surprise! Taking it to the next level starting their own threads now instead of infecting all the others with their agenda. Nice!

Here's the deal... I'm not sure it is necessary to have legislation telling people they aren't allowed to be dickheads but you may not be aware that Tennessee signed into law a bill that allows therapists and counselors to reject certain clients if the therapy goes against the practitioner’s “sincerely held principles”. It’s being widely interpreted as a loophole allowing therapists to reject gay, lesbian, transgender and other clients.

Tennessee continues anti-LGBT legal onslaught with 'therapist bill'

Tennessee Passes Anti-LGBT Counseling Bill

Tennessee's Anti-LGBT Counseling Bill Is Seriously Dangerous

This affects the broader LGB() community and not just trans people and begins the slippery slope of denying any type of medical or mental health care on the basis of "religious nuttery freedom". If the federal government issues guidelines or statements to counter this type of Christian Sharia, is it any wonder? You would think treating people with dignity, humanity and sensitivity would be standard practice but there are plenty of assholes out there that need someone to tell them how to act toward their fellow inhabitants of planet earth.

Next up, insurance coverage for the medical treatment of transgender and transsexual people...

For those that don't know, which is hard to imagine, I am a person that has "changed sex". By the age of 18, I was already living outwardly as the person that I am today and on cross-sex hormone therapy and then at the tender young age of 22, I underwent sex reassignment surgery. This was in 1977.

Two psychiatrists, a psychologist and two physicians, after considerable evaluation, counseling and therapy, all issued statements as to the medical necessity of my surgical care. After several months of review and back and forth between my doctors and Met Life, full coverage for my life saving procedures was provided. I may have been one of the first but this coverage is still not universally provided even nearly 40 years later.

Adequate Health Care Is Struggle For Transgender People Worldwide

What one of the hangups and issues is today for people like me is getting coverage for things that don't fit the picture such as transgender men that need pap smears or become pregnant. In my case, yes, I have XY chromosomes or at least assume I do because they've never been tested and because the prostate gland is left intact during SRS, so I have one of those too. Duh! This makes absolutely no difference to me in the real world.

However, should I develop prostate problems or cancer, which is extremely unlikely under the treatment of estrogen, getting insurance coverage for treatment could be denied or delayed because I am insured as a female. See the problems there? This all needs to be sorted out.

For those of you so twisted up in your dogma and rhetoric and choose to remain willfully ignorant of the facts, all I can say is is sucks to be you although my sympathy for you is less than zero. The treatment of any class of people as somehow less than human is barbaric although sub-human is how I consider some of the anti-trans propagandists around here but I know they can't help themselves because of sky fairies or fear or ignorance so how about we try to get along and stop hating each other or being upset that some people are different than you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join