It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Given the histrionics that transpeople seem to indulge in over everything else related to being reminded that they are not the gender they want to be, I wouldn't be very happy as the doctor to do that.

And I am being serious.

If I have a transperson who demands I use the preferred pronoun of she come in and treat them like a woman and then come down with prostate cancer ... I don't honestly know what I would do. I have someone who is so obviously wanting to be a woman, but now I have to remind that person they are not a woman by telling them they cancer of an organ that only men have.

That's why decent doctors act like adults. If you can't be a grown-up and call somebody what they prefer to be called (be it he, she, or Bob) and wrap your head around medicine at the same time, you are too stupid to be a doctor. Simple.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ok let's go with your premise for #s and giggles.

What Court in the great old US of A is ever going to allow a doctor to be sued for doing their job?

Because if they would, you have bigger problems than imaginary trans folk suing imaginary doctors for imaginary prostate examinations.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey, they (Transgender people ) asked for this treatment, it's like they are having a competition to see who the first woman who dies from prostate cancer will be. ...to bad they won't be around to get the prize.
They want to be special they can deal with the fact that no doctor will touch them with a 10 foot pole. ...
I don't have anything against them but enough is enough. ..
Bathrooms should be labeled with a penis and a vagina and used accordingly

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Then you totally should.

Hey don't let any pesky human derail you, if you REALLY REALLY want to be a dog you can be. It's not your fault. If that nasty vet doesn't agree with your psychos...... I mean conditio..... I mean life choi..... Oh ffs I mean your actual being (phew) then just sue him, he's a bigot anyway and wants to undermine your life choices. He's in NO way trying to save you months of regret and heartache later.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Posts like yours are what's wrong with people today. Enough with igorance!

The OP is a BS. Just read the HHS' rule for yourself and it'll be clear to you.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What Court in the great old US of A is ever going to allow a doctor to be sued for doing their job?

Because if they would, you have bigger problems than imaginary trans folk suing imaginary doctors for imaginary prostate examinations.

Probably the same court that let's a burglar sue a homeowner because they got cut crawling through the window they broke trying to rob your home.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Hey, they (Transgender people ) asked for this treatment, it's like they are having a competition to see who the first woman who dies from prostate cancer will be. ...to bad they won't be around to get the prize.
They want to be special they can deal with the fact that no doctor will touch them with a 10 foot pole. ...
I don't have anything against them but enough is enough. ..
Bathrooms should be labeled with a penis and a vagina and used accordingly

Cue the crying over the bathroom comments.....

What bathrooms do you think these individuals were using before everyone got their panties in a twist over the bathrooms to begin with?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Probably the same court that let's a burglar sue a homeowner because they got cut crawling through the window they broke trying to rob your home.

A fair point.

Looks like you're all up #s creek without a paddle.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Boadicea

That part is a lie. Doctors are not being asked to give transgender people precedence over others.

The truth is all of this is just a extension of title IX, treating everyone equally.

I really really hope you're right... but people never cease to amaze me in the many ways they can twist laws and principles! So we'll see.

But it also occurs to me (now) that I can't think of any situation in which a doctor would have to make that kind of choice anyway... so maybe I'll just back off slowly...

The rest of it is just more of the same demands made on the rest of society.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I smell some transphobia here. Yes I went there.

Founder of the Federalist.

Ben Domenech is an American conservative writer, blogger and television commentator. He is the founder and the publisher of The Federalist, host of The Federalist Radio Hour, and writes "The Transom", a daily subscription newsletter for political insiders. He also co-founded the RedState group blog.

Launched in September 2013 as a "web magazine on politics, policy, and culture," The Federalist is helmed by publisher Ben Domenech, a co-founder of the right-wing blog RedState.com and senior fellow at the Heartland Institute, a conservative think tank known for its opposition to climate science and funding from industry sources like the Koch brothers. Co-founder Sean Davis came to conservative journalism after a career in GOP politics, having worked for Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) and Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK). Senior editors David Harsanyi and Mollie Hemingway and senior writer Robert Tracinski round out The Federalist's leadership.

In its short existence, The Federalist has won plaudits from conservative organizations and activists, not least those best known for their anti-LGBT advocacy. A look at the website's track record on LGBT issues leaves little doubt as to why The Federalist counts some of the most notorious anti-LGBT groups among its most ardent fans.

Touted by Domenech as a publication "that rejects the assumptions of the media establishment," The Federalist regularly frames its opposition to LGBT equality as brave defiance of elite conventions. This posture leads The Federalist to inveigh against even the most basic protections for LGBT people. mediamatters.org...

edit on 22-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A doctor can treat even gender specific diseases and still use the person's preferred pronouns.

I don't agree that they should be vulnerable to lawsuits over pronouns, but, I also do not think it's unreasonable to refer to someone using the pronouns they prefer.

It's unreasonable to expect others to play along with your delusion. It's wrong.
edit on 22-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: daryllyn

If you are treating someone "like a woman," how do you tell them they have prostate cancer? Technically, you can't because women, real ones, do not have prostates.

You say, "Miss, you have prostate cancer". Not rocket science. It's not like she doesn't know she has a prostate.

These threads are intentionally stupid just to give people something to stupidly bark at for a while. It's gross.

Or it demonstrates how absurd this whole funny farm of an ideology is.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

We don't want to play along with your delusion that transgenderism is a delusion and yet we accept you.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What a ridiculous article.

As if respecting the patient is a new thing.

Just more fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So

Doctors are just going to stop explaining things to their patients in details. Why even explain to the patient how their body works if you are just risking a lawsuit over it?

Or are we pretending that male and female bodies are exactly the same and there's zero difference between them?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

They hope that people don't really read the rule by HHS. It's all there for everyone to see. No mention of giving precedence of certain people over others. All it did was cover Title IX and made sure that doctors don't discriminate. That's all there is to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Third post! (drink)
edit on 22-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: daryllyn

If you are treating someone "like a woman," how do you tell them they have prostate cancer? Technically, you can't because women, real ones, do not have prostates.

You say, "Miss, you have prostate cancer". Not rocket science. It's not like she doesn't know she has a prostate.

These threads are intentionally stupid just to give people something to stupidly bark at for a while. It's gross.

Or it demonstrates how absurd this whole funny farm of an ideology is.

Yet you are part of the diminishing demographic who refuses to modify perspectives based on newer information. People of that ideology is the "absurd funny farm" (who talks like that?!) that I can't stomach.

But what's worse, I wouldn't even need to understand the reasons I am being asked to address somebody in a way they find respectful. Because I'm not an ass. If you ask me to call you twinkletoes, I would do my best to remember. Again, this is not because I am smart and understand your reasoning; no, it's because I'm simply not an ass.

So to ask doctors to refrain from being asses? Yeah, I think that's totally reasonable and not "funny farm".

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Insanity. There is no other word.

Actually, there is. It's called context.
Here is the rule. Please post the sections which state as claimed, because I can't find them.
www.federalregister.gov... ist&utm_medium=email&utm_source=federalregister.gov

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

If people pay for their insurance then the insurance companies should have to fork out for it.
It's not their money anyways.

Insurance paying for a medically unnecessary procedure?

Not their money... yeah that is the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join