It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
Just when I thought this world couldn't get any crazier...

One image...one thousand words...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't think that is saying the Doctor cannot treat a woman with prostate cancer. Just while treating her, he should respect her pronounce choice.

Quite simple actually, respect to your neighbor (and patients).

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
I don't have genitals nor do I understand the concept of sexuality because I'm an attack helicopter thwop thwop thwop thwop thwop

Your avatar is awesome LOL Eat a pickle then run for the hills!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Ty lol nice!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The obsession and ignorance continues.

Why believe a medical professional?

Joshua D. Safer, MD, FACP

Although the data on transgender individuals are considerably crude, clearly it is a biological entity.

Simply prut, when a baby is born, it enters the world with male or female biology—and, gender identity is biological and separate. While most of the population’s gender matches the physical body that is not the case with transgender individuals.

www.endocrineweb.com...

That's a nice, politically correct way of saying it's all in their minds. It's not real. Do trans-men get prostate exams? Do they have periods?
edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee
The obsession and ignorance continues.

Why believe a medical professional?

Joshua D. Safer, MD, FACP

Although the data on transgender individuals are considerably crude, clearly it is a biological entity.

Simply prut, when a baby is born, it enters the world with male or female biology—and, gender identity is biological and separate. While most of the population’s gender matches the physical body that is not the case with transgender individuals.

www.endocrineweb.com...

That's a nice, politically correct way of saying it's all in their minds. It's not real. Do trans-men get prostate exams? Do they have periods?

Your interpretation is just as wrong as your ignorant opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Its threads like these that make me really worry for ATS.

If its not happening to you, don't worry about it. It is someone else's issues.

That should be all you have to say. But instead, the people who claim to want freedom the most actually just want -their- version of freedom.

It is really, really scary how polarized every single place has gotten, and this thread just shows it even more.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Their PAID psychologists also will back up their TG clients...giving them all the "scientific evidence" possible to confirm their sexual identity. Psychologists will brainwash the F^*( out of their clients so that they can squeeze more money out of them to help make them feel normal in society. What a scam.

I'm sure that PAID studies were performed by the company that produced the stents installed in my heart. Because they were paid, does that mean that heart attacks are imaginary too?

Do you work? Do you receive a paycheck for your work? Based on your insinuations, since you receive money for your efforts, I guess everything you post is a lie too, right?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Not that I am in the habit of trying to use stuff like this to justify people's rights to be themselves

But, you're not for all people being themselves. You guys want to force or shame people in to behaving in a way you want them to.

Nope. Not a bit of it.
Unless trying to belittle others is so central to your existence.

And who are these "you guys?" The only groups I belong to are ukip, the triumph owners club gb, the basc. That's it. I don't have a dog in this race except for an abiding dislike of bullies.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ooo let's all pat ourselves on the back for how progressive and tolerant we are. U can be whatever you claim to be and we will attack anyone who argues its not physically possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ooo let's all pat ourselves on the back for how progressive and tolerant we are. U can be whatever you claim to be and we will attack anyone who argues its not physically possible.

Probably a better rationale than "the big invisible sky fairy says it's a sin."

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Zing, great strawman attack.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Straw person, surely?

Anyway, why does it bug you so much?
No one is gonna make you wear a damned dress...or stop you from doing so.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Their PAID psychologists also will back up their TG clients...giving them all the "scientific evidence" possible to confirm their sexual identity. Psychologists will brainwash the F^*( out of their clients so that they can squeeze more money out of them to help make them feel normal in society. What a scam.

I'm sure that PAID studies were performed by the company that produced the stents installed in my heart. Because they were paid, does that mean that heart attacks are imaginary too?

Do you work? Do you receive a paycheck for your work? Based on your insinuations, since you receive money for your efforts, I guess everything you post is a lie too, right?

Big Pharma works in mysterious and unkind ways..I run my own business and am doing well...and I work more than full time. Today just happens to be my office day.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Straw person, surely?

Thats another strawman is it possible for you to argue your position without invoking logical fallacy?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My position is that it is not physically possible to be anything but a man or a woman for human men and women. You are what you are and that's what you are. Its a perfectly reasonable position to have and the fact that it is now controversial is absurd.

And it feels like the push towards acceptance of this new definition of gender comes not from any scientific or even human rights point of view but from a need to project a super tolerant air of progressivism. Hence the patting each other's back comment.

Its more about making yourself feel good and better than others than actually caring about anything or anyone. Because these people are sick and they need help and telling them to mutilate their bodies is a mistake.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Straw person, surely?

Thats another strawman is it possible for you to argue your position without invoking logical fallacy?

Ok, I want to live in a world where I have as little government interference in my life as possible.

I accept that sometimes they do have to get involved though, to make sure education and health care are available, provide defence etc.

I don't care whether someone else is a man or woman, gay or straight or bi.

I'd expect the taxes I pay to ensure that when someone needs medical care appropriate to their condition that they receive it.

If some doctors are so useless and backward that they can't do this without the government getting involved to tell them how to do their damned jobs then it's those doctors I am mad at.

I also dislike seeing people get abused for stuff they cannot help, like being disabled or, in this case suffering a disconnect between their brain's sexual identity and that of their body.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Because these people are sick and they need help and telling them to mutilate their bodies is a mistake.

Who is telling anyone to do so?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletNyx
Its threads like these that make me really worry for ATS.

If its not happening to you, don't worry about it. It is someone else's issues.

That should be all you have to say. But instead, the people who claim to want freedom the most actually just want -their- version of freedom.

What does that have to do with legally obliging a doctor to be more worried about politically correct bull# than with doing their job?

Yes, I'm more worried with the government attempting to force people to think a certain way than I am with someone who can't go to the doctor and take an objective look at their own health issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My position is that it is not physically possible to be anything but a man or a woman for human men and women. You are what you are and that's what you are. Its a perfectly reasonable position to have and the fact that it is now controversial is absurd.

And once seizures were being possessed by the devil.

How absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join