It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activist Group Stages ‘Die-In’ Outside Trump Tower

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Butterfinger

Southern Poverty Law Center

Quotes by Tony Perkins

SPLC is a left wing hate group. They incited a left wing terrorist to attack a Family Research Council office.
edit on 22-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: Snarl

That sounds like you hope these people are killed. Typical right wing facist.

I'm pretty good at articulating what I mean. I recall typing the word 'ironic' ... not 'hope'. If I had used the word 'hope' it would have been in conjunction with other words like 'closeted homosexual islamists' and 'AK-47s on full-auto with ball bearing heavy suicide vests'. But I didn't, did I?

Did you have a spelling accident when creating your account? -snicker

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I think you're playing the devil's advocate but anyway why does it matter if Trump isn't an elected official?

What the Religion Right is doing is striking while the iron is hot. They want to make sure they will have some influence on Trump in case he becomes a president. Remember the Moral Majority with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Staging a "Die-in" against the only candidate that is promising to do everything in his power to prevent situations like the Orlando Pulse massacre?

Anyone else see the irony in this?

Agreed. That is the whole point of this thread, the irony.

iTruthSeeker

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah because it is so hateful to support the traditional model of the family: man+woman+children.

Saying one "supports the traditional model of the family", is code for anti-LGBT. It's the conservative politically correct phrase for "anti-LGBT".

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Tony isn't a legislator or representative of a state, so hes just a talking head.

I didn't say he was a legislator. He does have influence, however. He had the ear of the GOP presumptive nominee for president... I'm assuming that was enough for the group to protest.

originally posted by: TheBulk
Who did Tony Perkins kill?

Excuse me? Did I say he killed someone?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

... I'm so tired of this alternate reality, Running Man level manipulation of reality.

That is the most accurate description of current events that I have seen so far.

It's so bizarre. It's as if some hallucinogenic is being pumped into our water causing people to be so easily manipulated that they no longer know what reality is. No matter what happens in real life, the media and PTB put their own spin on it, and get some sheep to act on their word, no matter what is really going on.

It seems to happen with Trump all the time. No matter what he says or does, it gets spun beyond belief. Things like - blaming Trump because someone tried to shoot him. (and thousands of other examples)

But it's not only with Trump. What in the world is going on? It's actually scary. Are Common Core and liberal-indoctrination schools and colleges creating generations of people who don't know how to reason?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What is a "die-in"? Are they going to sit there and willingly starve to death or something?

I hear the Tibetans are fond of self-immolation. Maybe they should try that (they really shouldn't.)

I respect people who are willing to die for a cause. It shows extreme commitment. But this "die-in" is the stupidest thing i've seen in a while

Also why are they protesting a candidate who has made his strong opinions on the need to combat Islamic terrorism quite clear? Shouldn't they protest the Obama administration, who refuse to even use the words "Islamic Terrorism?"
edit on -050004pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

Hillary and Obama said they believe in traditional marriage personally, but support the right for others to do as they please.

Trump has said, as indicated in the quote above, that he would like to change that right through force of law.

Big difference.

Uh no.

How misinformed people are. That video does not include all of her statements. She was talking about her opposition to a bill that would make marriage between a man and woman the law. You have to watch or read the entire thing.

Is it really marriage we are protecting? I believe marriage should be protected. I believe marriage is essential, but I do not, for the life of me, understand how amending the Constitution of the United States with respect to same-gender marriages really gets at the root of the problem of marriage in America.

www.c-span.org.../hillary-clinton-gay-marriage-2004

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't waste your time...Trump is above...he thinks...you...but will take your money to repay himself for loan to his campaign.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, completely misguided and misdirected free speech.

Considering that he was meeting with religious leaders known for being anti-lgbt, I'd say their protest is relevant.

Cool
Wonder if they will protest when hillary meets with muslim leaders ....you know because islam is so kind to lgbt people.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Considering that he was meeting with religious leaders known for being anti-lgbt, I'd say their protest is relevant.

Cool
Wonder if they will protest when hillary meets with muslim leaders ....you know because islam is so kind to lgbt people.

Ok. So you agree with their right to protest and can understand considering Trump's statements, along with Perkin's own history?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Cool

Ok. So you agree with their right to protest and can understand considering Trump's statements, along with Perkin's own history?

Can you please quote the post that was denying them their right to free speech or questioning their right to free speech?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I whole heartedly agree with anyones right to free speech.

I will just expect to see these people protest the people who actually preach killing lgbt people.
Otherwise they are full of crap.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Cool

Can you please quote the post that was denying them their right to free speech or questioning their right to free speech?

Did I claim anyone was denying them the right to free speech? I simply asked if they thought this was an exercising of that right.

By the way, have you taken the time to read-up on the disinformation you posted about Hillary's stance on marriage? It appears that I was correct in saying that Obama and Hillary both believe in traditional marriage, personally, but do not supports laws mandating marriage be between a man and woman.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

A die-in? I'm so confused.
I had to look up what a Die in protest: Wikipedia is.
While it is a peaceful action, it can disrupt pedestrian traffic and what not.
I don't know much about Trumps feelings/stance on LGBQT issues, but I imagine as a business man he doesn't discriminate because of money flow. I could be very mistaken though because I'm just considering money flow in USA.
edit on 22-6-2016 by peppycat because: forgot something in link

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I whole heartedly agree with anyones right to free speech.

Cool.

I will just expect to see these people protest the people who actually preach killing lgbt people. Otherwise they are full of crap.

I hope they would protest anyone advocating for such a thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Perhaps they will. But it would have to be a known anti-LGBT leader to equate to Perkins. And when we consider that this "die-in" was staged in the US, where the laws are influenced by Christianity FAR more so than by Islam, it's understandable that they would want to protest Trump's meeting with a known anti-LGBT religious leader with influence in our government.

Islam and Christianity are both anti-LGBT, it's true. And while quantitatively, the radical Muslims are more extreme in their actions against LGBT around the world, qualitatively, the hatred is the same in both religions. If Hillary meets with a known anti-LGBT religious leader with influence in our government (like Pat Robertson or some imam somewhere) I sure hope we see some protests. Hell, I may join them!

Christians Praise Anti-LGBT Violence After Orlando
edit on 6/22/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: introvert

OP's point is not that they shouldn't be allowed to, its the ignorant targeting of someone who has never said anything anti-gay....let alone something that can be considered "hate"

Unless you can enlighten?

lol, wrong, again.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Lol
Try to paint christianity as hateful and destructive as islam all you like. It dont stick. It is a poorly disguised lie.
As vile as the Westborough Baptist church is they dont kill anyone. Trying to compare what idiots like Westborough do to what islam does to lgbt people is nothing but a bs deflection tactic. You should be ashamed of yourself for pushing that bs.

Oh and the Westborough idiots have the same free speech rights to protest as these die in people do. The difference is at least the Westborough idiots are consistant. They dont choose who to protest depending on the direction of political wind.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Try to paint christianity as hateful and destructive as islam all you like. It dont stick. It is a poorly disguised lie.

And we ALL know it wasn't a christian responsible for Orlando.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join