It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activist Group Stages ‘Die-In’ Outside Trump Tower

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Again they do not own the word marriage. And no the tradition has not changed. Has it changed for YOU? Your church?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

BTW, before you try once again to misinterpret what my position is, i do believe that people in the LGBT community have rights. But those rights do not include changing traditional values, more so when it is more, and more obvious that the end goal of many of those who want to impose this is to simply get rid of any traditional and conservative values and traditions.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

WTH... seriously, you are going to stand there and claim no traditional customs are being changed?... You just claimed religions do not own the word marriage when it has been a religious ritual for millenia...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Um are you even aware that the churches in the past have married gay couples? And different civilizations in the past have different definitions of marriage and that they have married gay couples?

Anyway again YOUR tradition has not changed. YOUR church still observe tradition values. YOUR church still believe that marriage means between man and woman.

What you CANNOT DO is to deny gay couples their marriages. It is their right.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

...Because some rich person in the past wanted to impose his will didn't mean it was a policy implemented by religious institutions in the past...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
What you CANNOT DO is to deny gay couples their marriages. It is their right.

I do not want to deny that gay people have a right to have a civic union. But implementing such a belief in traditional values by forcing them down everyone's throat is wrong.
edit on 24-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Does not matter. The point is that nothing changed for YOU and YOUR PEOPLE and CHURCHES.

Your church still is free to refuse to marry gay couples and free to believe in traditional marriage and values.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Seriously?...

All you are doing is ignoring what is happening. Let's wait and see whether more people in the LGBT community start doing what this group did, but i am guessing they won't be protesting in front of CAIR offices at any time.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yes seriously.

I know you are very paranoid but don't worry. We still have the 1st.

Calm down.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

For crying out loud... Stop claiming people must be paranoid because you disagree with them. I am not the only person who is seeing this obvious constant attack to any conservative values.

Yes, conservative values are being attacked because people like you want to "redefine them" into your own personal worldview.

From direct attacks at churches, people in the left calling for churches who don't agree with same sex marriage to lose their tax dollars, and to lose insurance. To directly trying to force religious institutions into what the left wants conservatives to do.

Govt tells Christian ministers: Perform same-sex weddings or face jail, fines

www.adfmedia.org...

I ’m a florist, but I refused to do flowers for my gay friend’s wedding

edit on 25-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
January 30, 2017

Excerpt from: www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com... mployees_in_the_works

""A White House official speaking on the condition of anonymity has told NCRM that high ranking officials in the Trump administration are discussing the preparation of an executive order which would roll back and nullify President Barack Obama's 2014 executive orders (photo above: signing) which protect employees from anti-LGBT workplace discrimination while working for federal contractors.""

I don't think this would affect many U.S. citizens.. will it?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
January 31, 2017

After today's good news from the Whitehouse, those who protested outside of Trump Tower either feel really bad for doing so..or feel really good in the belief that their protesting worked.

Excerpt from: mobile.nytimes.com...

"WASHINGTON — The White House said on Monday that President Trump would leave in place a 2014 Obama administration order that created new workplace protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

In a statement issued in response to growing questions about whether Mr. Trump would reverse the Obama order, the White House said the president was proud to embrace gay rights."

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: TheBulk

Trump is running on the GOP ticket. The GOP has never been supportive of gays.

Just like the left is know for being anti gun the right is known for being anti gay.

As one from the right...we are not anti-gay. We are simply against special rights and forced acceptance. If what the gay, trans, etc. community wanted was EQUAL rights...that would be fine. That isn't what they want, they want special rights and forced acceptance.

The right, in general is in favor of equal rights. Now it is your turn.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join