It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is the full title at the link (too long for OP subject space):

Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen was spurned by boyfriends, ‘did it for revenge,’ alleged ex-lover claims

The gunman who slaughtered 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando was a confused, gay man who drank heavily, a man who claims he was his lover for two months told Univision.

Omar Mateen, the deranged Muslim shooter behind the massacre, held a grudge against Latino men he met at the popular gay club because he felt used by them, the man told the network.

I had wondered if witnesses were being asked not to talk to the media, but apparently not, since this guy already went to the authorities with what he knows:

Univision was unable to independently verify the man’s account, but the FBI confirmed to the network that it had met with him.

This part surprised me:

He described Mateen as “a very sweet guy” who never showed a violent side. He loved to be cuddled. He was looking for love," he said.

But this could explain what made him snap:

Mateen was especially upset after one tryst with a pair of Puerto Rican men, one of whom later revealed he was HIV positive, he added.

“He (Omar) was terrified that he was infected,” he said. “I asked him, ‘Did you do a test?’ Yes. He went to the pharmacy and did the test … it came out negative but it doesn’t come out right away. It takes 4, 5 months.

“When I asked him what he was going to do now, his answer was, ‘I’m going to make them pay for what they did to me,’” he added.

I was shocked to find this buried at the end.... that seems like the most important part of the story to me!!!

Did Mateen already have his death sentence? Did he take another test and get a positive diagnosis? Whether he was a "lone wolf" or allowed himself to be recruited, I could see this sparking that decision. If he figured he was a goner anyway, maybe he thought he could not only inflict his revenge, but in some way redeem himself with his father. At this point, anything's possible.

And I really hope that murderous scum didn't pass it on to this guy

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't the guy with AIDS be the original murderer of this story?

If this story is true, it would explain Latino night, especially if the guy was at the club that night.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I was shocked to find this buried at the end.... that seems like the most important part of the story to me!!!

Did Mateen already have his death sentence? Did he take another test and get a positive diagnosis? Whether he was a "lone wolf" or allowed himself to be recruited, I could see this sparking that decision. If he figured he was a goner anyway, maybe he thought he could not only inflict his revenge, but in some way redeem himself with his father. At this point, anything's possible.

Ya, I'd say if this info checks out that's about spot on for motive exactly the way you just said it.

If this was Matlock, what you just said would be the scene where everyone in the courtroom looks shocked and gasps as Matlock just busts the case wide open followed by a cut to commercial before the closing credits.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Wouldn't the guy with AIDS be the original murderer of this story?

If this story is true, it would explain Latino night, especially if the guy was at the club that night.

Thank you! It completely slipped my mind that it was Latino night. Yup, that would explain it.

And speaking of the original guy with AIDS, it makes you wonder if he had infected anyone else in the club... if he had already given them their death sentences as well. If true, he's a murderer one way or another.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So what's with him calling police and claiming he did it in the name of Islam and ISIS? Both narratives can't be true.

This case is so damn strange. If anyone has any doubts this was some kind of false flag then they are ignoring the red flags. This wasn't done in the name of Islam, it was done in the name of fear with Islam as the scapegoat. They have their boogeyman in Islam and they are using it in full effect.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Aw shucks -- thanks!

But thanks more for seeing it as the bombshell it really is -- with all its inherent inferences and implications. I couldn't believe how casually they just dropped it at the end. Sheesh!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Odds are if he did it once he's done it before. The fact that other people knew about him being infected means he also had to know which means he's a POS Murderer.

I wonder if he was there that night or not??? Because if he wasn't that was just 49 more innocent people killed because of his deceptive practices. Not directly but indirectly.

I don't condone murder, but if this is the case it would have been a lot better if Mateen would have just went and killed him instead of shooting up the whole damn place.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Aw shucks -- thanks!

But thanks more for seeing it as the bombshell it really is -- with all its inherent inferences and implications. I couldn't believe how casually they just dropped it at the end. Sheesh!

Well, so far that is the most solid Motive I've heard yet. His ties to ISIS are weak at best. Hitting a gay nightclub seems pretty specific for one thing.

What you just put forth brings all those lose ends together. Motive baby. Why he picked that club on that night and what pushed him over the edge to do it in the first place. Bamb!! Good work Columbo....

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now I REALLY want to hear the 911 call.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So what's with him calling police and claiming he did it in the name of Islam and ISIS? Both narratives can't be true.

That's the part where he redeems himself with his father and his religion and goes out a martyr in a blaze of gunfire... and not a weak shell of a man dying from AIDS and bringing further shame and dishonor to his father/family/faith.

This case is so damn strange.

That's for sure!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Odds are if he did it once he's done it before. The fact that other people knew about him being infected means he also had to know which means he's a POS Murderer.

That's what I'm thinking too.

I wonder if he was there that night or not???

Remember the report from the one witness who said he recognized him outside the club about an hour before the attack? Maybe he was waiting for the AIDS guy to arrive. If revenge was his motive, then I'm sure Mateen would have made sure that guy was in there. If the AIDS guy had a favorite or regular table, then Mateen also would have known exactly where to find him.... just thinking out loud here...

I don't condone murder, but if this is the case it would have been a lot better if Mateen would have just went and killed him instead of shooting up the whole damn place.

I can't argue. One way or another though, people were going to die needlessly and senselessly... for the most selfish reasons.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

That's the part where he redeems himself with his father and his religion and goes out a martyr in a blaze of gunfire... and not a weak shell of a man dying from AIDS and bringing further shame and dishonor to his father/family/faith.

Exactly!!

Can you imagine the shame of dying from AIDS from Gay sex if your family is Middle Eastern Muslim Establishment???

Hell no you don't go out like that. Even if it means you go out with a fat lie that you're doing it for ISIS and to defy the Great Babylon or whatever. At least there's a chance that after you're dead you're family won't have to deal with the shame of the truth.

That sux too man. Dude spends his whole life living a lie and hiding his true self out of some culture of shame and religious intolerance only to come face to face with that lie as it puts him into a spot he can't escape without exposing everything. Still doesn't excuse what he did though the Dirt Bag. A real man would have just committed suicide instead of taking 49 innocent people along out of shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Then why did he kill women?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So.....

Muslim Gay guy gets married to a woman.

Muslim Gay guy has affairs on the side with men.

Muskim Gay guy possibly gets infected with HIV

Muslim Gay guy decides because he is Muslim he'll get revenge by pledging allegiance to ISIS then goes on a suicide shooting rampage killing 49 innocent people on the way.

This has to be the most messed up story ever.

edit on 21-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A one time thing with someone with hiv, the chances of transmitting are very low. It's around 1 in 400. If this is true, it was maybe more the principle of the situation rather than him actually being infected.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He probably just killed whoever else was in front of him. What do you think he's going to do, aim around the woman and only go for the guys?? It's a nightclub with an active shooter. People are going to scatter like roaches.

Plus it's a gay club, so they might be Butch Lesbians making it hard to tell who's who anyway. (Sorry if that offends anyone.)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I wonder how many other ISIS supporters / potential terrorists are in fact closet gay alcoholic infidels?

This ain't the first time I've heard of devout extremists going out in a drug/sex/alcohol fuelled blaze of glory either.

And of course this bodes well for pro-western propaganda too in painting all ISIS supporters as having caught the gay and having substance abuse issues that Allah would not approve of - so no more virgins for you!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Can you imagine the shame of dying from AIDS from Gay sex if your family is Middle Eastern Muslim Establishment???

Right? That would be mortifying for any ME family... but for a man running for president to have that come out about his??? It would ruin him. Absolutely totally and completely.

That sux too man. Dude spends his whole life living a lie and hiding his true self out of some culture of shame and religious intolerance only to come face to face with that lie as it puts him into a spot he can't escape without exposing everything. Still doesn't excuse what he did though the Dirt Bag. A real man would have just committed suicide instead of taking 49 innocent people along out of shame.

I get the feeling he was living a double life... a literal Jekyll/Hyde so to speak. With his family and public life, he was the tough badass... with his private gay life, he was the lovable cuddler. Until it all culminated in a mass murder. His biggest war was probably in his head and his heart.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

The fact that he may not have even been infected at all makes it even worse actually. If he as infected, it makes sense why he might have lost it a bit.

If he was actually fine, then he's not just a POS Murderer but a total douche bag moron on top of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He probably just killed whoever else was in front of him. What do you think he's going to do, aim around the woman and only go for the guys?? It's a nightclub with an active shooter. People are going to scatter like roaches.

Plus it's a gay club, so they might be Butch Lesbians making it hard to tell who's who anyway. (Sorry if that offends anyone.)

Butch lesbians? Not a very Matlock-like explanation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join