It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So what's with him calling police and claiming he did it in the name of Islam and ISIS? Both narratives can't be true.

He was ashamed of being gay, obviously, and rigorous aggressive religions are a classic refuge for people who struggle with that sort of problem.

He'll "slay away the gay" and then he will be accepted by Allah, even if his biodad won't.
edit on 24-6-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I posted one link at the top of the page, but this one from Reuters might be better:

Mateen altered looks, researched anti-psychotic drugs before attack

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's both.

The repressed sexual identity and cultural background gave him his problems and his hate and probably even suicidal ideation.

The ideology of Islamic terrorism gave him psychological freedom to murder.

Suicide is haram/prohibited in Islam, but martyrdom (we call it "suicide by cop") is halal/allowed.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's the part where he redeems himself with his father and his religion and goes out a martyr in a blaze of gunfire... and not a weak shell of a man dying from AIDS and bringing further shame and dishonor to his father/family/faith.

Exactly!!

Can you imagine the shame of dying from AIDS from Gay sex if your family is Middle Eastern Muslim Establishment???

Hell no you don't go out like that. Even if it means you go out with a fat lie that you're doing it for ISIS and to defy the Great Babylon or whatever. At least there's a chance that after you're dead you're family won't have to deal with the shame of the truth.

That sux too man. Dude spends his whole life living a lie and hiding his true self out of some culture of shame and religious intolerance only to come face to face with that lie as it puts him into a spot he can't escape without exposing everything. Still doesn't excuse what he did though the Dirt Bag. A real man would have just committed suicide instead of taking 49 innocent people along out of shame.

So as he was killing people inside the nighclub, why would he be chuckling/laughing while on a shooting spree (as one witness said in an interview)?

That is another weird piece of evidence to add to the already faith shame/Aids retribution stories.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I posted one link at the top of the page, but this one from Reuters might be better:

Mateen altered looks, researched anti-psychotic drugs before attack

Thanks, interesting article.

IMO, his profile sounds like most of the other mass murderers. He just happens to also be Islamic and probably gay.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

It's both.

The repressed sexual identity and cultural background gave him his problems and his hate and probably even suicidal ideation.

The ideology of Islamic terrorism gave him psychological freedom to murder.

Suicide is haram/prohibited in Islam, but martyrdom (we call it "suicide by cop") is halal/allowed.

Yeah, I think its both too.

And he's apparently been "messed up" since he was a kid.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

IMO, his profile sounds like most of the other mass murderers. He just happens to also be Islamic and probably gay.

It is eerily familiar. And not just to us:

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), a non-profit mental health watchdog dedicated to the eradication of abuses committed under the guise of mental health, is asking law enforcement and the FBI to look into the psychiatric background of Omar Mateen as part of an ongoing effort to expose the deadly link between psychiatric drugs and violence.

CCHR Plea to Law Enforcement What Psychiatric Drug was Omar Mateen on?

I don't think anything will come of it though, since he's already buried.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This is the direction of my current thought ...

Substance-induced psychosis - Wiki

Particularly ...

prescription drugs: Prednisone and other corticosteroids[42] Isotretinoin[43] Anticholinergic drugs atropine[44][45] scopolamine[46] antidepressants[47] L-dopa[48] antiepileptics[49] antipsychotics, in an idiosyncratic reaction Other illegal drugs (not listed above), including: MDMA (ecstasy)[50] Phencyclidine (PCP)[51] Ketamine

edit on 24-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Wow. Thank you for the link -- that was interesting reading. I was surprised at the many common, as well as the corticisteroids. I found another article about similar effects with anabolic steroids. But the scopolamine also caught my eye.

He was researching psychiatric drugs though, so it seems he had some reason to think they were the problem -- whether they had been prescribed, or maybe he thought someone was feeding them to him?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Wow. Thank you for the link -- that was interesting reading. I was surprised at the many common, as well as the corticisteroids. I found another article about similar effects with anabolic steroids. But the scopolamine also caught my eye.

He was researching psychiatric drugs though, so it seems he had some reason to think they were the problem -- whether they had been prescribed, or maybe he thought someone was feeding them to him?

Well, those of us who are conspiracy hammers see lots of nails ... LOL ... but my other thought was ... what if he were self-medicating?

I'll look forward to further analysis.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
what if he were self-medicating? :

What if developed an untrusting view of the gay world after a partner didn't mention that he had AIDS and then spurned him after?

That Puerto Rican might be the real murderer of those 50 people.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This just gets stranger and stranger:

Al Qaeda urges lone wolves to target whites, to avoid 'hate crime' label

In an article first reported by The Foreign Desk, Al Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) called for more self-directed Muslim terrorists to kill in America. But the article, titled “Inspire guide: Orlando operation,” tells terrorists to “avoid targeting places and crowds where minorities are generally found” because if gays or Latinos appear to be the targets, “the federal government will be the one taking full responsibility.”

I need to think about this more before commenting too much. That sounds too much like something the feds would say if they were running Al Qaeda... but I know that may be my confirmation bias showing... Maybe...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok. I've been away for a few days (thank god), but this thread showed up on my home page....and I just read it through page 2. What I see is lots and lots and lots of Muslim-bashing, and gay-bashing, and political feeking bull# arguments from people who have no clue how much ANY ABRAHAMIC RELIGION (Judaism, Islam, Christianity: all 50,000 styles of them....) affects people. It makes people CRAZY.

Religion does that.
Poor parenting does that.

This is what happens when religion corrupts a child or youth or vulnerable person ----- they flip out, one way or another.

For every person who refrains from 'vice' behavior because their "religion" PREVENTS that behavior......

there is another who has had an experience due to their "religion" that CAUSES behavior that is hateful, panicky, violently homicidal, angry, personality-disordered....

edit on 7/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

MORAL OF THE STORY:

MENTAL ILLNESS IS THE PROBLEM WE NEED TO ADDRESS.

*mic drop* (sorry, had to raise my voice)

edit on 7/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: SIGH

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join