It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Right Wing Media spins as the Left Wing Media does.

I guess we'll watch for info from the "other side of the fence" and see what we can put together.

Good find, Bo.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right Wing Media spins as the Left Wing Media does.

Love that!

I guess we'll watch for info from the "other side of the fence" and see what we can put together.

Good find, Bo.

Yeah, I want a better source... maybe we can get some actual survivor statements now that the word is out. I'll put their word over that of the Feds -- or the media -- any day!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Wouldn't the guy with AIDS be the original murderer of this story?

Yep. If he didn't reveal that he was HIV positive before to his potential partner.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So I was looking for more info about the phone recordings inside the club, and found the video (from The Kelly File) at InfoWars: New Evidence of Multiple Participants in Orlando Shooting

But check this out:

“The FBI obviously is trying to cover up their information,” he said of gay men who reported being contacted by Mateen. “I can go take a lie detector test. I know for a fact Omar messaged me.”

Cedeno said he did not contact police to tell them about his contact with Mateen, because some of his friends who did had their phones taken and were told not to talk to reporters. He said he doesn’t trust the FBI to investigate Mateen, given they questioned him in 2013 and again in 2014, placed him on a terrorist watch list but then removed him from the list.

“They let him go. They let him do this massacre. They could have arrested him. It just does not add up,” Cedeno said.

FBI investigators say they have found no evidence that Orlando shooter had gay lovers

And, finally, this:

On the morning before the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse gay nightclub, shooter Omar Mateen drastically altered his appearance, shaving his head and face, and seemed agitated and surly, said an acquaintance who saw him that day.

Mateen also talked about staying up all night to do online research into anti-psychosis medication, the acquaintance said in a interview. The acquaintance requested anonymity, saying authorities had asked him to keep quiet.

Orlando killer Omar Mateen drastically changed his appearance, researched anti-psychotic drugs before shooting

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was already prescribed a psychiatric medication and was having an adverse reaction, including homicidal and/or suicidal ideation, and was researching that medication, and probably possible substitutes.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I had heard about the abrupt "appeearance" shift and the issues with the anti-psychotics.

I'm very interested in verifying witnesses that claim that the FBI "told them not to say anything."

We know how that works ... that's the best way to make sure it's said.

I'll be honest Bo ... I don't know what to think any more.

My gut tells me we've had about 2 or 3 different "cointelpro" kinds of stories floated ... and the real truth is something else entirely. Maybe a Manchurian Candidate style hit on someone in the club? Who knows.

You've done good work here, regardless.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the hoax bin?

FBI found no evidence of homosexuality on his computers or cell phones and none of the witnesses who claimed he was gay were reliable, just drama queens wanting to be in the spotlight.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: Boadicea

This a feeble attempt to change the narrative and motives. The guys been on the FBI's radar for years until he ultimately committed a terrorist act. The president is trying to pull the wool of the people's eyes and the media a following suit.

Funny, because that's exactly the feeling that I'm getting... that some folks are desperately trying to change to narrative to deflect and distract from the truth. For some reason, people want to blame radical Islam and radical Islam alone... and the truth be damned.

People are trying to rationalize his irrational actions by saying he was a spurned by a gay lover. He clearly stated his motivations and that is why he massacred American citizens under the influence extremist Islamic terrorism. What people don't get, is that, these are the very types of people radical Islam gets a hold of and provokes them to commit these acts.

No one is trying to "rationalize" his murders.

I know you're not, but you should be ashamed for saying that.

We're doing what we do at ATS ... looking for the facts behind what the media provides.

Excuse me? Ashamed for what? You've got to be kidding me and that is exactly what's happening. "Oh, he was spurned by his gay lover, he's self hating homosexual, he's ashamed to be gay because of his Taliban supporting dad, he might of had AIDS, he was mad at Hispanic gay people and ...so he went out and massacred 49 innocent people." Then, his comments about supporting ISIS was just a last second attempt to hide is gayness and be a hero. Anything but the OBVIOUS.

" looking for the facts behind what the media provides" - The facts are laid out in front of our faces, this discussion is a distraction from what we really should be focusing on as a country. Our President is trying to keep the public oblivious to what the actual problems are and his failure as a leader. I remember him calling ISIS a Junior Varsity team. Please, lets get realistic here.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This a feeble attempt to change the narrative and motives. The guys been on the FBI's radar for years until he ultimately committed a terrorist act. The president is trying to pull the wool of the people's eyes and the media a following suit.

Funny, because that's exactly the feeling that I'm getting... that some folks are desperately trying to change to narrative to deflect and distract from the truth. For some reason, people want to blame radical Islam and radical Islam alone... and the truth be damned.

People are trying to rationalize his irrational actions by saying he was a spurned by a gay lover. He clearly stated his motivations and that is why he massacred American citizens under the influence extremist Islamic terrorism. What people don't get, is that, these are the very types of people radical Islam gets a hold of and provokes them to commit these acts.

No one is trying to "rationalize" his murders.

I know you're not, but you should be ashamed for saying that.

We're doing what we do at ATS ... looking for the facts behind what the media provides.

Excuse me? Ashamed for what? You've got to be kidding me and that is exactly what's happening. "Oh, he was spurned by his gay lover, he's self hating homosexual, he's ashamed to be gay because of his Taliban supporting dad, he might of had AIDS, he was mad at Hispanic gay people and ...so he went out and massacred 49 innocent people." Then, his comments about supporting ISIS was just a last second attempt to hide is gayness and be a hero. Anything but the OBVIOUS.

" looking for the facts behind what the media provides" - The facts are laid out in front of our faces, this discussion is a distraction from what we really should be focusing on as a country. Our President is trying to keep the public oblivious to what the actual problems are and his failure as a leader. I remember him calling ISIS a Junior Varsity team. Please, lets get realistic here.

Obvious that the man was loyal to ISIS, al-Qaeda and Hamas ... simultaneously?

Obvious that there is far more evidence that he was gay than that he was a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST™?

Obvious that right-wingers are DESPERATE for this horrendous crime to be about Muslims and terrorism than about LGBT folks and hate?

Obvious that right-wingers will do anything to discredit President Obama (who has called this an act of terrorism)?

Let's get realistic?

You first.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the hoax bin?

FBI found no evidence of homosexuality on his computers or cell phones and none of the witnesses who claimed he was gay were reliable, just drama queens wanting to be in the spotlight.

Seriously?

What the FBI found no evidence for was that he was anything other than a fanboy of terrorist groups.

Speaking of HOAXes, why don't you explain how he was a concurrent member of ISIS, al-Qaeda AND Hamas, who are all deadly enemies.

And hey, he's photographed wearing an NYPD tee-shirt and it's a recorded fact that he made a pilgrimage with 12 NYPD members ... so maybe he's a secret New York Police operative too?

Sounds like we should just all ask you what you think about something and go with that ... rather than considering the evidence (most of which you want to ignore).

Pffft.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I really need to rethink all this. And take a break from it for a while... probably just until the next big tidbit hits the news of course... but yeah.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yeah, I really need to rethink all this. And take a break from it for a while... probably just until the next big tidbit hits the news of course... but yeah.

I don't disagree. I do want to say though that you took a look at this subject in a very objective way. Our ability to parse out "reality" is seriously limited by our sources of information, and it's very clear that this topic for whatever reasons, is the focus of serious "disinfo" techniques by groups that have refined those techniques into a fine art.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Thanks, Gryph. I appreciate that more than you know

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...
FBI investigators say they have found no evidence that Orlando shooter had gay lovers

Since the shooting at an Orlando nightclub last week that left 49 people dead, reports have emerged that gunman Omar Mateen frequented the gay club, used gay dating apps and had gay lovers. But the FBI has found no evidence so far to support claims by those who say Mateen had gay lovers or communicated on gay dating apps, several law enforcement officials said.

The FBI is continuing to explore Mateen’s past, but investigators now believe the men who made the claims are not credible, or confused Mateen with someone else

Well this is interesting.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I have to preface this by saying that anything the feds say is automatically suspicious to me... But even given that, I'm having a hard time with this.

For one thing, too many people have come out to say otherwise -- all the way back to his school days. I just can't believe that everyone is lying. I especially find it hard to believe that the Pulse patrons who were directly harmed by this tragedy would lie about that. Why point the finger at one of your own if it's not true?

I also read somewhere (sorry, I don't remember where now), that these apps are designed to be easily deleted, and even the feds said he could have deleted his apps and history. When someone provided a screenshot of Mateen's message to them, the feds sad it "could be" fake -- but they didn't try to find out.

I've also read that everyone who has gone to the feds have had their phones taken and they've been told not to talk about the case... so now the feds have complete control over the evidence.

At this point, it just seems to me that the feds are sitting on their hands and refusing to find the evidence so that they can say, "See? No evidence, no happen."

But absence of evidence does not necessarily equal absence of guilt.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
From the same LA Times article linked above:

But law enforcement sources did say that investigators have not uncovered any direct links between Mateen and members of Islamic State. It is possible that Mateen might have had communications on cellphones or other electronic equipment that have not been recovered by investigators in the wake of the shooting.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And again FROM THE SAME LA TIMES ARTICLE:

Kevin West, 29, a Navy veteran and Pulse regular, said Mateen messaged him on Jack’d and also said he recognized him entering the club on the night of the shooting. After the attack, West turned his phone and app passwords over to police and FBI investigators. He said Mateen didn’t reveal his name, but he recognized him from the photo Mateen had posted on the app, which matched one of the gunman released after the shooting. On Thursday, he dismissed federal investigators’ doubts. “No one is lying about him being on there,” West said of the gay apps, adding that “once you have the app and delete your profile, it’s gone.”

and again, from another witness:

Cord Cedeno, 23, another Pulse regular, insisted he saw Mateen at Pulse months before the shooting and messaged with him on Grindr for a short time, but eventually blocked him because he would only send photos and say “Hi.” Cedeno said he has no reason to doubt accounts from other Pulse regulars who have said they had seen Mateen visit the club in the past.

“The FBI obviously is trying to cover up their information,” he said of gay men who reported being contacted by Mateen. “I can go take a lie detector test. I know for a fact Omar messaged me.”

Cedeno said he did not contact police to tell them about his contact with Mateen, because some of his friends who did had their phones taken and were told not to talk to reporters. He said he doesn’t trust the FBI to investigate Mateen, given they questioned him in 2013 and again in 2014, placed him on a terrorist watch list but then removed him from the list. “They let him go. They let him do this massacre. They could have arrested him. It just does not add up,” Cedeno said.

I tend to agree with Cord: nothing about this adds up.

I hate to go full metal conspiracy theory ... but, all of these discrepancies taken together, combined with the fact that Mateen was on "anti-psychotics" and totally "transformed his appearance" on the day of the shooting suggests to me that he was ACTIVATED.

edit on 24-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noteed

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

But law enforcement sources did say that investigators have not uncovered any direct links between Mateen and members of Islamic State. It is possible that Mateen might have had communications on cellphones or other electronic equipment that have not been recovered by investigators in the wake of the shooting.

Ahhhhhhh... good catch! That went right over my head...

So they've found "no evidence" of his activity in the gay community and no "direct links" to the IS. That's their angle, huh?

The political stench reeks to high heaven. Can't piss off their Muslim friends (read "donors" and "voters") and can't piss off their LGBT friends (again, read "donors" and "voters") so we'll just play deaf, dumb and blind...

Obama and Hillary and the PTB are walking a fine line here.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I hate to go full metal conspiracy theory ... but, all of these discrepancies taken together, combined with the fact that Mateen was on "anti-psychotics" and totally "transformed his appearance" on the day of the shooting suggests to me that he was ACTIVATED.

Well, if it means anything, I'm right there with you. That's exactly where my thoughts were going last night and even more so now. In fact, it hit me like a ton of bricks as I was dozing off and felt like an electric jolt. One of those smack-yourself-upside-the-head moments where you wonder why you didn't see it sooner.

But I'm betting something went wrong somewhere. Don't know what exactly. I just get the feeling that it didn't play out as planned/expected, hence the scrambling now. For example, I get the feeling Disney World was supposed to be the real target -- not Pulse -- and Mateen went rogue, perhaps for the revenge.

So much to ponder...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

... but, all of these discrepancies taken together, combined with the fact that Mateen was on "anti-psychotics" and totally "transformed his appearance" on the day of the shooting suggests to me that he was ACTIVATED.

I missed that.

Where'd you find that info?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So what's with him calling police and claiming he did it in the name of Islam and ISIS? Both narratives can't be true.

He was ashamed of being gay, obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join