It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Another thing to consider is that if this guy is lying to the FBI he could go to jail.

I don’t know if this boyfriend of his told this to the FBI

But if he did and is lying he could go to jail.

So that might bolster his credibility

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The press showed and interview with an african american lady in the hospital; she said the shooter did not shoot her because she was black, he did not ask her if she was gay. If he hated gays so much would he not ask her if she was gay?
If thats your take on the motive would he have left any gay people alive if he had a chance to kill them?

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: SM2

If he thought he was getting away, why then did he sign over his home to a family member ?

Good question. The article mentioned a two-week trip, so I'm assuming that means he bought round-trip tickets... He might have bought the tickets before deciding to attack the club, which would indicate something happened to trigger him. Or maybe the trip to mom's was just a way to throw authorities off track, and he intended to go elsewhere...

I don't know... But I'll bet if we did know, it would explain much about other things as well.

Heres a question...did he sign over his home and buy those plane tickets around the same time? How may tickets? next, how does that time frame sync up with the announcement from ISIS a few days prior to the incident that a major attack would happen in Florida?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is the fact that we should take away.

The fact that this is a hate crime doesn't take away from the dangers of domestic terrorism.

The fact that this is domestic terrorism doesn't take away from the dangers of hate crimes.

Exactly. We cannot separate the two.

In fact, it seems to me that this could be the wave of the future, and we should be paying attention and taking notes now if we have any hope of combatting this in the future. From a purely practical perspective, it would be far easier to radicalize and trigger someone already here than to go to the trouble of getting someone here and dealing with the red tape involved.

And especially with Obama bringing so many "refugees" here, we really don't know what we're getting, or who is vulnerable to radicalization.

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Boadicea

I see. So, Mateen was a racist(hated latinos) homophobe (who liked blow jobs though) who was scared he had HIV after hooking up with this guy over 60 times?

So, he purchased weapons and tried to purchase body armor to.....what? Protect him from...death? Why would someone come up with a story to cover his life? If it was true it would come out.

Not to mention the numerous reports of him stalking women. I have not read any about stalking guys.

There are direct connections between his job, a mosque, radical imams and fighters who died overseas but we are going to go on the word of someone in a prosthetic? What is the fear if he is dead?

Please answer why hide your face?

Those are good questions as well. Let's add in that the only verifiable people saying that he was gay is a dude in prosthetic mask speaking anonymously and a third hand account of his ex wife's current fiancee saying that "he may be gay" the wife when asked says specifically that she does not know. Now, thats not to say that was not gay, it just isnt very convincing at this point. Plus as i linked earlier, the FBI after searching his devices can find no information that indicates he was at any gays bars in the days, weeks or months leading up to the shooting.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2
Now, thats not to say that was not gay, it just isnt very convincing at this point. Plus as i linked earlier, the FBI after searching his devices can find no information that indicates he was at any gays bars in the days, weeks or months leading up to the shooting.

No evidence ... you mean except for the security video showing Mateen going to that same individual's hotel room?

What you "linked earlier" was one report that officials had found nothing on Mateen's phone AT THE CURRENT TIME and you're conveniently forgetting the link that added the government source stating specifically that it could not be ruled out that Mateen had removed aps and history from his phone.

Is the issue here selective memory?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

'I don't have a problem with black people,' Mateen reportedly said. 'This is about my country. You guys suffered enough.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... m-stall-hiding-spare-having-suffered-enough.html#ixzz4CQ0BvpPg Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If the shooter was hell bent on killing gays he would let black gays go?
Or is this part of his "cover"?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
June 14, 2016: A man who was trapped inside of the gay nightclub in Orlando where Omar Mateen massacred 49 people Sunday morning says that the ISIS-inspired terrorist selected victims based on their race.
The witness, who played dead for three hours during the attack, told ABC News that Mateen spared black club patrons.

“Are you guys black?” the man said Mateen, an American-born Muslim of Afghan descent, asked as he made his way through Pulse, Orlando’s largest gay club.

“I don’t have an issue with the blacks,” the 29-year-old killer said, according to the witness.

mtonews.com...

So he was more concerned with race than sexual preference?

Or are these witnesses wrong?

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a supposed video from a TMZ article. If the video does exist, then that may change things.

Yeah he could have removed apps and history, however, there would still be remnants of the apps on his phone. nothing is ever totally erased or removed unless you go through special procedures. Just like all the emails that Hillary has deleted that they are releasing in batches. there is still a record of the apps he had on his phone through the server side of the app store he used. So no, I do not have selective memory. It does seem that you have a habit of wearing blinders, putting words in peoples mouths and debating in a confrontational way.

Why do you want so bad for him to be gay? Doesnt change the fact that this was an act of terrorism. either domestic or international. He boldly claimed it was for Allah. The fact that he may or may not be gay, just informs us as to how he was radicalized and or manipulated.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
June 14, 2016: A man who was trapped inside of the gay nightclub in Orlando where Omar Mateen massacred 49 people Sunday morning says that the ISIS-inspired terrorist selected victims based on their race.
The witness, who played dead for three hours during the attack, told ABC News that Mateen spared black club patrons.

“Are you guys black?” the man said Mateen, an American-born Muslim of Afghan descent, asked as he made his way through Pulse, Orlando’s largest gay club.

“I don’t have an issue with the blacks,” the 29-year-old killer said, according to the witness.

mtonews.com...

So he was more concerned with race than sexual preference?

Or are these witnesses wrong?

How do you make the analysis of "how much" Mateen was concerned with what aspect?

Is it percentage-based in your thought?

Like, maybe 50% hate, 20% ethnically motivated, 10% religious, and 20% RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM?

Or do you have other categories and quantities in mind?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

a supposed video from a TMZ article. If the video does exist, then that may change things.

Yeah he could have removed apps and history, however, there would still be remnants of the apps on his phone. nothing is ever totally erased or removed unless you go through special procedures. Just like all the emails that Hillary has deleted that they are releasing in batches. there is still a record of the apps he had on his phone through the server side of the app store he used. So no, I do not have selective memory. It does seem that you have a habit of wearing blinders, putting words in peoples mouths and debating in a confrontational way.

Why do you want so bad for him to be gay? Doesnt change the fact that this was an act of terrorism. either domestic or international. He boldly claimed it was for Allah. The fact that he may or may not be gay, just informs us as to how he was radicalized and or manipulated.

Oh please. You know you just overstated what your source presented earlier actually stated and ignored the follow up source that I provided. You just claimed that there was no evidence in the history of his phone, which you clearly do not know.

Why do you care so much about the interpretation of MOTIVE? Why is it so important to you that we call this RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™??? There's little to no actual evidence of him being "radicalized." There's far more indicating that he was motivated by his hatred of Latino Gay Men.

You're here fighting for a political interpretation as much as anyone. You don't find that hypocritical?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why do the witness statements not back up what the "boyfriend" has alledged?

I have posted 2 witnesses that both say the same thing. Neither say anything about gays. If the shooter had it out for gays he would not have let any live. Clearly he did let gays live.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I see. So, Mateen was a racist(hated latinos)...

The article said he preferred Latinos, so I don't think we can call him a racist.

...homophobe (who liked blow jobs though)...

That's debatable...

...who was scared he had HIV after hooking up with this guy over 60 times?

Technically, yes, but the two events are not related -- he was reportedly worried about having HIV after hooking up with the other guys, not this guy.

So, he purchased weapons and tried to purchase body armor to.....what? Protect him from...death?

Well, that is the purpose of body armor, so it would seem so.

Why would someone come up with a story to cover his life? If it was true it would come out.

I don't understand what you mean here... What story? Cover his life how? It seems to me that it is true and is coming out, but for reasons I don't understand, folks are rejecting this "truth" and focusing exclusively on radical Islam.

Not to mention the numerous reports of him stalking women. I have not read any about stalking guys.

There have been stories of him stalking/harrassing guys as well, especially on the gay dating apps.

There are direct connections between his job, a mosque, radical imams and fighters who died overseas...

Yes, there are... as well as direct connections to gay nightclubs, gay dating apps, and gay hook-ups at a motel. It's both -- not either/or.

...but we are going to go on the word of someone in a prosthetic?

I'm not going on the word of anyone... prosthetic or not... badge or not... but if it's true that closed circuit cameras caught him going to "Miguel's" room, and that a hotel employee confirmed his visits to the hotel, then it's not just the word of "someone in a prosthetic" trying to stay anonymous in a very scary position.

What is the fear if he is dead?

Good question. I can only assume that he's afraid of blowback from people who aren't dead. A better question is why are so many afraid to admit that this is a combination of factors... not "just" radical Islam?

Please answer why hide your face?

Because he wants to stay anonymous. Because he knows there are some evil people out there that would kill him in a heartbeat if they don't like what he's saying... and there are plenty of people on all sides who don't like what he's saying.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Another thing to consider is that if this guy is lying to the FBI he could go to jail.

I don’t know if this boyfriend of his told this to the FBI

Yes, he did -- the FBI confirmed that he had gone to them with the story before going to the media. The FBI also has the CC video of him at the motel going to Miguel's room.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Why do the witness statements not back up what the "boyfriend" has alledged?

I have posted 2 witnesses that both say the same thing. Neither say anything about gays. If the shooter had it out for gays he would not have let any live. Clearly he did let gays live.

So now you understand the internal workings of Mateen's mind?

You're trying to apply armchair black-and-white logic to a desperate situation. There is no doubt, even in the RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST™ explanation that Mateen was targeting gays. Your false dichotomy is patently absurd.

Your witnesses are giving information based on what they know, the boyfriend is giving information based on what he knows.

Are you really trying to argue here that your desperate attempt to cherry-pick discrepancies in witness testimonies proves anything at all?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is no evidence that Omar Mateen was a gay man. We have one person after the fact saying he was his boyfriend, however there is no credible evidence of that being the case. People do crazy stuff to make themselves part of the story (including confess to crimes they did not commit). We have people saying he was at the club proves he was gay, well if he was scouting the club as a target he would visit it enough that he had the complete layout and attendance patterns understood. So that proves nothing.

The evidence that he was an ISIS inspired terrorists is from his own mouth so who do you believe? A potentially unstable person claiming he was a boyfriend or the terrorist himself?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Heres a question...did he sign over his home and buy those plane tickets around the same time?

Apparently the two events took place a few weeks apart. If I remember correctly, he transferred the home title at the end of April, and he bought the tickets just a couple days before the rampage.

How may tickets?

I have not seen an exact number of tickets; only that he puchased tickets for "his family." They may not have had to purchase a ticket for the child, so perhaps just two tickets for him and his wife. But I really don't know.

next, how does that time frame sync up with the announcement from ISIS a few days prior to the incident that a major attack would happen in Florida?

I haven't seen the specific threat from ISIS -- or when it was made -- so I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Believe what you like.
Multiple first hand witnesses say the shooter asked about race and not sexual orientation.

I think the cia/fbi/nsa are trying to discredit the shooter so he is not celebrated as accomplishing his task of terrorism.
ISIS hates gays. Make the shooter gay after the fact and he is no longer a hero to them.

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I am not afraid to admit that it could be both. Yeah sure he could have been gay. I just dont think we should ignore the Islamist terrorist factors as well. if those are ignored or brushed aside arbitrarily as some seem to be pushing for, not you of course, but some here, then it opens up the real possibility that the atrocity will be labeled as a hate crime when in reality it could have been (and in my opinion ) an attack by a terrorist with the fact that was a hate crime being secondary in nature. This distinction will effect the coming political push for ways to limit these types of attacks. The evidence that this was a crime done because of revenge is thin and flimsy. Every piece is contradicted by others . Now, if this video from TMZ does exist, well that changes that. Then the likelihood that he was gay is all but certain, doesnt change the 911 call, he shouting aloha snack bar as he shot the place up, doesnt change ISIS announcing it would happen or taking credit for it after the fact, doesnt change his past support for radical islam, it just addsd another facet

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am beginning to think all of these news stories conveniently emerged at just about the right time to make some think a non-terrorism event was a terrorism event.

With all of the information flying around on the internet and TV, it is a good thing to sit back and wade through it all and get a better understanding of the actual facts and how they are related.

Like, of all persons, our supposed "representatives" should, but don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join