It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flat earth?" Who are these people and what is their purpose?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
(post by leastofthese removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

and your explaination for polaris is ??????????????????????????

PS - remind us why you pulled a brave sir robin in your last flat earth thread - but have magically resurfaced here to spout utter twaddle ?

for refference - this persons thread

posted its OP then ran

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
ENOUGH!!

In fact, it's well past enough, and well into more than enough!!

The personal back and forth, off topic nonsense, and the insults stop now. Next up will be post bans. I'm not sure why some of you insist on behaving in this fashion, but it stops now.

Do Not Respond To This Post

(post by leastofthese removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
ok - here it is - if anyone wants to forward any varient of the flat earth delusion - lets see evidence for it

a good start would be addressing the points in thread that demonstrate the veracity of the spheroid model [ the 2 are mutually exclussive ]

but a coherent argument for your claims is required

APE OUT

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

When seeing is believing... who leads the blind?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: BIGPoJo

What does it taste like?

It tastes the same way as the Flat Earth Theory smells.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: KingPhilipsiX

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: KingPhilipsiX
I never gave a flat earth a second thought until it just suggested itself to me and I needed a good laugh, so I clicked.

I believe some things that are not mainstream but that is just because the mainstream is dishonest and I am forced to work around it. I have it down good and things are going fine.

But these flat earth people just piss me off. They track airplanes online and this is what seems to be their evidence. They claim the southern hemisphere in the Pacific is not tracked by GPS and that pilots never have to adjust for curvature.

And really present no feasible model for a flat earth, just a disc surrounded by ice floating like a DC universe type southern pointing semi-conical stationary pseudo-planet with an invisible dome.

I guess all the good fake conspiracies have been exhausted.

I just really want to know why? Who is doing this and why? What do they gain?

Any facts, names or theories why they are doing this would be great. Thanks!

Hint..A handful of people believe in Flat Earth, the rest are trolling. Im not sure why people who dont believe it keep bringing it up. Just ignore them

Sounds like solid advice to me.

Saturn's hexagon is way more interesting anyway and I can see that. That is mind blowing, what are the odds of the planet represented by the hexagram having a hexagon AND being the 6th planet from the sun?

Come on man. That's attaching meaning to something isn't there. It's coincidence. They do happen. What about all the other shapes that form on planets that are not "related" to anything.

That being said, the Saturn hexagon is stunning. I 2ill miss getting all these amazing insights into the saturnian system when the end Cassinis life next year. One of Nasas best missions.

No, that is not attaching meaning where it doesn't exist.

The planet Saturn has been symbolized by the hexagram for MILLENNIA and worshipped under different names while retaining the symbol far and wide.

If anything you are ignoring the meaning as if it is a coincidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My first hypothesis on why people would believe this would be religion.

Many different ancient, highly-regarded religious leaders referred to the Earth as flat. Being proved wrong on something that is so clear to us now would certainly suggest that such leaders haven't the divine knowledge which they claimed to.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think NASA did good job with it, by dividing people and wasting their time. In beforeitsnews there used to be so many articles about it, but for sometime there was non and now only one, so one can see people are tired of it. It shows also how some people believe into anything, that's how the religions were able to take hold of most of the people. And still I think most people believe death means end of human being. Luckily humanity is becoming more aware to see themselves the truths.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KingPhilipsiX

The hexagon pretty much all planets have is from plasma "burn" from smallest formation into it's currnet known size due primer fielding effect. The poles of planets are not bar shaped they are variable but focus outward in certain spots from formation outward as the spherical EM field wraps around it in a bidirectional flow... we can occasionally see this effect in the northern lights as the suns field varies in strength depending on the locus of it's mass in a constant shifting... it has no fixed points of field so it radiates as a ball of plasma as it burns away the material as fuel.

Such things start in the core as all that mass finally goes critical and starts a slow chain reaction because of so many disimilar elements involved in it's formation to convert into energy and chew through. Once expended well super nova... possibly a black hole to rinse and repeat the process of enegy binding matter then going critical then releasing it suck it all back up and do it all over again yet depending on the size of mass not consumed in freeing this energy can accredate and have the same systems as it occur in proximity to the larger whole or hole.

It's not much different than fractals when zooming in and out... it always appears the same yet not depending on ones frame of reference of zooming in and out.

Here's a primer on primer fields it's the first of a 3 part series but notice the plasma "burn" that forms that exact same hexagonal shape on the metal domes as the planets do... some planets to not show such as easily as saturn and a few others do.

Saturn has a very blanced field so it shows up better... along with a very ordered ring system like the photo shown with a smaller moon formed from those rings to a larger moon in the back ground. The local field around it is very very stable if it werent shielded by solar winds in such a way to cause that stability the rings likely wouldnt be there.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is the first time I've bothered reading the Flat Earth delusion. It will be the last.

I'd like my 5 minutes back.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They should go and see for themselves..

www.flymigsokol.com...

Comfortable climbing to an altitude of 18-19 km with supersonic speed. During the flight to and in the Stratosphere you will see an amazing, breathtaking and incredible view of the brightest sun, dark endless space and the magnificent scene of the curving Earth (20 min).

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

OK? That doesn't really make it any less significant though. That the ancient peoples used the hexagram to represent the planet Saturn is fascinating because of the hexagon.

Science speak doesn't make me go, " Ohh, that explains it. "because science is so wrong so often and lies just as often. And I am not a scientific minded person to that extent.

Often those explanations are just b.s. words and phrases strung together with no meaning. To keep people from asking questions and such.

There is more to it than scientific theories will say.
edit on 23-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The flat earth theory is black ops disinfo designed to discredit Planet X and its imminent passage, I've been taking pictures and observing it and it's moons on and off for two years..not long to go now kids!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

thats nice dear

may we see and review your " evidence " ?

PS - i has been debunking nibiru // planet ex claims since 2000 , i have used the same moniker through-out

i thought - erroneously that it was all over in 2003 - but lo hear we are - 13 years later - and the same twaddle is still being regurgitated

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

I've looked into the flat earth theory, watched a lot of videos and read about it a fair bit. There are some parts that make sense (or at least make one think), and others I just don't know about.

I think your reply to this thread is the most intelligent one so far. Everyone else just feels like bashing, and you actually seem to have thought about it and connected a lot of the parts involved. Also, I like how you said we should look at the reasons why there is a group of people who question the mainstream on such a level.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join