It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flat earth?" Who are these people and what is their purpose?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I never gave a flat earth a second thought until it just suggested itself to me and I needed a good laugh, so I clicked.

I believe some things that are not mainstream but that is just because the mainstream is dishonest and I am forced to work around it. I have it down good and things are going fine.

But these flat earth people just piss me off. They track airplanes online and this is what seems to be their evidence. They claim the southern hemisphere in the Pacific is not tracked by GPS and that pilots never have to adjust for curvature.

And really present no feasible model for a flat earth, just a disc surrounded by ice floating like a DC universe type southern pointing semi-conical stationary pseudo-planet with an invisible dome.

I guess all the good fake conspiracies have been exhausted.

I just really want to know why? Who is doing this and why? What do they gain?

Any facts, names or theories why they are doing this would be great. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KingPhilipsiX

I would suggest typing "flat earth" into the ATS search function. You will get all the info you need, and more...*shudder*

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Is it spent?

I should have figured. I will check it out thanks.
edit on 20-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

If you mean the flat earth topic, in my opinion, yes it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

the flat earth delusion is utterly intulectually bankrupt

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I never considered it, I wanted to know why it is even being theorized or postulated in the first place and such. I am not a moron, no offense.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you want years of stuff to read through, also type in "Mandela effect".

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Can someone point out to me where all these pro-flat earth threads are? Every so often I see a new flat earth thread and 9 out of 10 times it is a non-flat earth believer remarking about the beliefs of these people, yet I barely see pro-flat earth threads. Granted I don't hang around and read the discourse in even the anti-flat earth threads, but it really feels like the anti-flat earthers are either beating a dead horse, can't accept that they've already won the debate, or both. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

i had a friend who got all excited about it, wrote down a link for me to watch/read, after a few minutes i just could not be "arsed" any more

you can stick flat earth where the sun don't shine!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: meremortal

I probably believe in crazier things than flat earth, so I tend not to put believers down. I'm just not interested in the subject.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
what flat earthers cant answer is , why would the shape of the earth be conspiracy worthy. or how could it be possible to maintain this theory. what happens when the rich can book a multi million dollar trip to see space [just because they can]
or virgin galactic moving forward. is the entire universe in on this lie... if so why. what is the point of hiding a flat earth from people? whats the incentive today or what was it 1000, or 3000 years ago for tptb to maintain the earth is round and not flat?

oh and, you can get weather balloons or commercial grade rockets [hobbyist] to reach almost mesophere [almost]

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

simply paste :

proof flat earth

into ATSs clunky search engine - even it finds pro flat earth threads

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Can someone point out to me where all these pro-flat earth threads are? Every so often I see a new flat earth thread and 9 out of 10 times it is a non-flat earth believer remarking about the beliefs of these people, yet I barely see pro-flat earth threads. Granted I don't hang around and read the discourse in even the anti-flat earth threads, but it really feels like the anti-flat earthers are either beating a dead horse, can't accept that they've already won the debate, or both. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

We had a few pro flat earthers beating the dead horse for a time. They seemed to have chilled out in the recent. The threads you're speaking of were usually in response to those. It has been somewhat infectious on here, but more so on youtube.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just really want to know why? Who is doing this and why? What do they gain?

Views for their youtube channel and/or blog?

edit on 6/20/2016 by Klassified because: of

edit on 6/20/2016 by Klassified because: add links

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I know I could just Google it but pilots must have to adjust for curvature right? It is probably programmed into the function of the plane I would imagine?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am surprised that they have not, that I know of used the Amelia Earhart story as evidence.

Wasn't she supposed to circle the globe and vanished in the process?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
I see. I guess I must have missed them. Not surprising I've been taking frequent breaks from ATS lately because it has gotten a bit too hostile here lately.

link   

originally posted by: KingPhilipsiX

I know I could just Google it but pilots must have to adjust for curvature right? It is probably programmed into the function of the plane I would imagine?

Once at flight altitude, planes tend to remain at that altitude. Either by autopilot or manual control.

link   

originally posted by: KingPhilipsiX

Once at flight altitude, planes tend to remain at that altitude. Either by autopilot or manual control.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Contact with her plane was lost somewhere after New Guinea. Her entire route until then is known because she landed along the way.
www.unm.edu...

Why are you asking the sort of ignorant questions that flat-earthers ask?
edit on 6/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I actually think flat earthers is some kind of organized troll behavior in an attempt to lump real conspiracy theories together with it's nonsense and paint us all as ignorant wackos. I was meaning to make a thread about this, but I haven't been able to do so yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join