It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Was a good speech until he decided he needed to bring up his ignorant desire to hit the 2nd amendment over this event

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Make a thread explaining that for us will you?

Did under my last username.

Went nowhere.

Most people here don't care about the differences.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Nope. Don't try to back peddle. You trivialized it. This is not a mass shooting. It is a terror attack. A mass shooting is Lanza. This was a coordinated effort by a known terror organization that killed over 50 and wounded over 50 more.

Is an attack on a base in Afghanistan described as a mass shooting? No, it is a warzone which is what ISIS is bringing to the doorstep of the US. War.

What will you say when 6 simultaneous strikes hit local Wal-Marts across the rural US? What happens when a local sports event is attacked? Is it still a mass shooting?

link   
a reply to: onequestion

So first we're mad at Obama for not calling things acts of terrorism.

Now we're mad at him for "only" calling them acts of terrorism and not also pointing to the connection to IS, which as of right now the only indication of a connection we have is a phone call declaring allegiance to the IS head of state.

Makes sense.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
he didn't say much did he?? but he made sure to point out that it's too easy to get guns in our country...
no mention that the guy was a licensed security officers so well, it wouldn't matter how tough the gun laws were, he'd probably have easy access to them...

link   
Obama seems to blame hate and guns.

What a surprise.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: imod02
I have only one thing to ask everyone, hate the person who did this, hate the people he "worked" for, but dont hate muslims. I fear what the reprocussion of what was done will be on many good muslims.

I understand what you are saying, but people have been saying this 9/11 and we have been having this discussion numerous times since then over every terrorist attack, many of them devastating.

And I don't see The Seige come to life yet. Do you?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It might be worse than that. It appears this case is Islamic terrorism, hate crime, and mass shooting all in one.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well, if he connected it to ISIS, it would mean he and his palls are responsible for it, as well.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: game over man

Agreed. Nice talking to you.

TheRedneck

Wow that was insanely smug. Let me know if these links are all hoaxes.

ATC Concealed Weapons Detection System

Law enforcement, military and other security forces can now instantly detect concealed weapons and contraband at a safe distance. The ACT system, designed by Thermal Matrix USA, combines the safety of stand-off inspection with the accuracy and reliability of a pat-down search. The system detects virtually any type of threat including explosives, guns, knives and liquids even when hidden under layers of clothing. Advanced optics and state of the art software allow threats to be detected at long range, far from the operator or his equipment.

Radar used to detect concealed weapons in public places

An electrical engineering professor at the University of Michigan believes that a type of radar, part developed by the Department of Defense, has the potential to be used as a means of detecting concealed weapons. Originally intended for military use, it is possible that the millimeter-wave radar system could be used to detect weapons across distances as large as a football field.

The technology that he developed is currently being used in a number of applications, including collision avoidance systems in cars and in military targeting systems. The radar itself isn't particularly unique, but Sarabandi's pairing of the tech with Doppler radar signal processing allows it to pick out an individual in a crowd using a technique called polarimetry.

A computer is programmed to recognize the pattern, searching for a particular glare on the subjects chest, such that a hidden metal object might create. The technology focuses on the pedestrian's chest as it's both a common place that people hide weapons and acts as a fairly smooth backdrop, making it easier to pick out anomalies.

The polarimetric radar used by the team works by sending out a signal at a particular polarization, and carefully analyzing the polarization of the signal that bounces back. An irregular metal object can change the polarization of the signal, allowing for the detection of concealed items.

National Institute of Justice article

On July 24, 1998, a man entered the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, DC, with a .38-caliber handgun concealed under his clothing. A security check point with a portal weapons-detection system had been established at the entrance of the building. Knowing that his gun would be detected if he walked through the portal, the man stepped around it. Immediately, he was confronted by Jacob Chestnut, one of the Capitol Police officers operating the portal. The man drew his gun and killed Chestnut. He then shot and killed a second officer, John Gibson, before he was stopped.

Although there has yet to be a suicide bombing in this country, such an attack could happen anywhere—on a bus, at a mall, at the Super Bowl, or at the Academy Awards. It is vital for law enforcement to be able to detect and respond to weapons at a sufficient distance to allow officers to make decisions and take actions that deal safely with the situation. For over a decade, the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has been working to address this need.

Glad to see this "stupid idea" I came up with isn't new...these are just the top 3 google search results...

link   

Daaamnn!

Obama won't even say it's connected to ISIS.

It's an act of terror and an act of hate.

Typical PC bull#.

I want someone with enough balls to stand up there and tell us the damn truth and not skirt around the fact that this guy is connected with ISIS.

How about they investigate it first? It hasn't even been 12 hours since the shooting.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Nope. Don't try to back peddle. You trivialized it. This is not a mass shooting. It is a terror attack. A mass shooting is Lanza. This was a coordinated effort by a known terror organization that killed over 50 and wounded over 50 more.

Is an attack on a base in Afghanistan described as a mass shooting? No, it is a warzone which is what ISIS is bringing to the doorstep of the US. War.

What will you say when 6 simultaneous strikes hit local Wal-Marts across the rural US? What happens when a local sports event is attacked? Is it still a mass shooting?

How is a mass shooting trivial?

link   

so someone calling 911 and declaring allegiance to ISIS has nothing to do with a connection to ISIS?

am i reading that right?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't want anyone to think I pulled the trigger because this is Ali

Isn't that playing right into PC, though? If you're playing along, you can hardly criticize the game.

I don't care WHO it is, if I'm suspicious about someone's activities, I'm going to report it. I'm not afraid of what other people think.

link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
Was a good speech until he decided he needed to bring up his ignorant desire to hit the 2nd amendment over this event

He doesn't just represent you, ya know.

He is president of the whole country - - and some of those citizens want gun control addressed.

link   

Daaamnn!

Obama won't even say it's connected to ISIS.

It's an act of terror and an act of hate.

Typical PC bull#.

I want someone with enough balls to stand up there and tell us the damn truth and not skirt around the fact that this guy is connected with ISIS.

In a time of great pain, people need a strong leader to lead them. It is a sad fact that the people of USA and Europe do not have strong leaders. Becouse we both have wimps as leaders thing will get out of hand. May our Gods help us

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Well, if he connected it to ISIS, it would mean he and his palls are responsible for it, as well.

Remember ISIS is the JV Team.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Liquesence

Getting that feeling the authorities should get to the airport. ( bad gut feeling ) that 4 people connected are about to board a plane.😕👎

Is this your opinion only, or are you privy to some information?

link   
Obama; Synopsis

An act of terror, an act of hate.

No judgment on motivations.

Was a person filled with hatred.

Gratitude to the police.

Speaking about LGBQ folks and the club.

Talking about gun control now.

(hasn't said ISIS, Islam, Jihadist, Muslim)

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join