It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K-9 Dies after Cop leaves it in Patrol Car for 3 Hours in 90+ weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Temperatures were in the 90s in Atlanta today. And here we have a cop, who leaves his K-9 in the back on a patrol car, which was turned OFF, for THREE hours after he arrived home. WTF?

How the hell do you forget to take your dog out of the car when you get home? Especially since it's YOUR K-9.

A police K-9 has died after investigators said its owner left the dog in the back of a patrol car for nearly three hours.
[. . .]
The officer told investigators he arrived home around 4:15 p.m. and left the 4-year-old Belgian Malinois named Inka in the back of the car, with the engine turned off, while he dealt with another dog inside his home.

Around 7 p.m. the officer remembered he left Inka in the car and found the dog had died.

The Sheriff's Office says the squad car Peabody used that day was not one of the department's K-9 vehicles.

STOP leaving pets in cars when it's hot outside!! This is one thing that infuriates me, and this time it is a COP.

A Sheriff's Office spokesman says criminal charges are possible in this case, but explained the department's investigation is not complete.

They better charge this SOB. He better not get preferential treatment just because he wears a badge.

Link

God, people are idiots.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So many people forget children and pets in their cars. Someone should invent an alarm- the driver wears one and the pet or child also wears one. When the driver leaves the car and gets a certain amount of distance away from the pet/child, the alarm goes off reminding him that the pet/child is still in the car. The alarm's turn- off would need to be like the snooze button on an alarm clock- you can turn it off but it comes back on again in a few minutes. This alarm could only be completely turned off by entering a code. Maybe this already exists and if I had a pet or child that I traveled with frequently I would certainly have one.

Sal

a reply to: Liquesence

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

I've never understood how someone can forget his or her OWN child or pet in a car. It makes no sense to me.

In this case, the officer's original patrol car was equipped with an alarm and kennel, but he wasn't in it.

Peabody let another officer use his K-9 squad car. One of the department's vehicles outfitted to handle a K-9 officer was out of service.

How does one forget one's own CHILD or PET in a car?!?!?!

Seriously, are we THAT preoccupied we can't remember a freakin child or a pet for which we're responsible???

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh this is very interesting. If a citizen kills a k9 they are charged with murder of an officer. I wonder if he will even be charged....my guess is no....double standards.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way. Although I suspect since it was a cop, it won't be treated as "negligence that resulted in the death of a fellow officer"

If there are charges, of course.

One can hope.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Tie him up and leave him in the desert. See how he likes cooking alive.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

They better charge this SOB. He better not get preferential treatment just because he wears a badge.

A police dog is considered an officer.
The cop's negligence in this case is criminal and resulted in the death of his fellow officer.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just heard of an incident in the last few days of a woman leaving her grand-daughter in a locked vehicle. Fortunately, someone saw the girl in the car, busted the window out, and called the police. Now this, with a dog that is not only highly trained, but a friend to the officer, and he leaves it to die in the heat. Some friend he was in return.

He should be charged with neglect of duty, wreckless endangerment, and possibly actions that cost an officers life as mentioned above. No more K-9 duty for him...EVER.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

A police dog is considered an officer.
The cop's negligence in this case is criminal and resulted in the death of his fellow officer.

True.

But will it be seen as that or will he get preferential treatment and "reduced" charges (if he is even charged)?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You are probably right.
He most likely will not be charged.
Very sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sadly, I see this far too often here (in Georgia), with both animals & children.

Citizens breaking out a window because a dog was in a car only to get arrested Athens man arrested after rescuing dog from locked car in Oconee County, and many instances of people just leaving KIDS and PETS in freakin hot cars.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Stanford rapist-meme thing was running out of steam, and the gorilla-anguish is all but spent, I guess.
Now right on queue -- a new outrage -- for us to spit and vent about.
I'm pretty sure you know the rest:

I'm outraged! / Who's outraged? / It's outrageous!
I'm outraged! / You're outraged. / It's contagious.

Burn the witch, or crucify it
Kill the killers, watch them fry
Toss em' in jail and let em' rot
Under a mountain of throbbing inmate @!$%

I'm outraged! / Who's outraged? / It's outrageous!
I'm outraged! / You're outraged. / It's contagious.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The is a local occurrence on the local news.

It has nothing to do with the *new* *national* outrage.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ok i am angry
wtf freaking cop, bad cop no donut. hope he gets his.....
edit on 11-6-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

That's inexcusable. He's a cop, supposedly trained to care for that dog, and he forgets it?!?!? Plus, what animal in his home required three HOURS to deal with? Was he on duty?

He deserves the same charges as any one of us would receive, if we did the same.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I am thinking the other dog didn't take 3 hours ,but, took some time and he forgot..3 hours later he remembered the other dog was in the car....still sucks....poor dog

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So sad to hear. In recent memory, I believe this happened last summer as well with a k9. I wish more people would take heed to heat warnings. While I realize some may defend it as being stressed out in work, or mistaking an action(lady left baby in car thinking the child was at the daycare), these points are allowing negligence and they still need to be held accountable.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A horrible death.

I feel bad that the dog had to suffer.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

What a joke. Ive never forgot my child or pet in the car for a second. #ty parents/owners are what they are.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Ya, if a dog is left in a car here in the hot, the police will bust out your window, citizens can do this too, and depending on circumstance charges can be laid against the dog owner. I hazzard a guess nothing happens here..yet if you or I caused the death of a popo dog we would be charged to the full extent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join