It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting in France after England vs Russia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But see, there was no need for these fine englishmen to be there in the first place. It was obviously an attempt to provoke Russians.

But i guess every countries news outlet will tell a different story.

What there was no need for them to be in the stadium during the game??? No....

Stop defending violent thugs

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Uhm...i was talking about the most recent fight. Not talking about what has happened in the stadium

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I imagined nothing different from your good self

If I saw Russians attacking say Slovakian fans I'd probably walk away and let authorities deal with it...but Russians attacking Welsh, Scottish, English, N.Irish, ROI fans then I'd be there involving myself in a heartbeat.
We are that dysfunctional family who still has each others backs...well most of us think that way at least.

The wisest move is for English and Welsh to carry on sticking together and relying on the bigger defensive force that offers.
Scumbag Russian firms...hardly any of our hoolies are out there due to banning orders and the like so they are mostly attacking 'normal' fans out for a fun few weeks.

...yeah, good to see Englisah & Welsh sticking together against a common enemy.
Crappy circumstances seem to have forced it, but it maybe shows we look out for our brothers and sisters of the dysfunctional family.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grainofsand
Good to see English and Welsh supporters sticking together against the scum Russians.
I wonder if our resident bitter and hate filled Scottish member of ATS will reconsider his vile comments calling the English fans 'a disgrace to humanity' now?

I wonder if the same person who spews such vile messages on the forums would stick together with his fellow Brits, or join in with the fans from Russia?

Genuine questioning thoughts after reading so much hate for the English here.

You attempting to goad me now.

You shame yourself fella, you need no assistance from me.

...so are the English fans still a disgrace to humanity now, or have you sobered up?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Uhm...i was talking about the most recent fight. Not talking about what has happened in the stadium

So now you are saying English fans can't go anywhere that might upset Russians??? No.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What the heck are you talking about lol

I just stated the most obvious thing in the world.

Englishmen were in Lille, where Russia plays the game tonight i believe, drinking with their flags spread, and obviously expecting the Russians to see them and engage with them.

I am all for non-violence, but come on, this was a pure provocation

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

What are these peaceful Englishmen doing in Lille, when they're not playing there?

Exactly the same as the Welsh fans who were there.....having a few beers, together and peacefully.....that was until the Russians turned up and once again indiscriminately attacked them.

I'd join in with Russians. But then again, i am not an englishman

Neither are the Welsh.

Or at least that's what I would do if I were, say, twenty years younger...

Well, despite my half-a-century of years I know for a fact exactly how I'd be reacting if I was out there.....perhaps that's why I steer clear of these events nowadays!

One thing I will say - the French police and authorities have been shown to be totally incompetent.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

I'd join in with Russians. But then again, i am not an englishman

Or at least that's what I would do if I were, say, twenty years younger...

I suppose your country was Russia's bitch for so long it's hardly surprising.
We each have our own emotional and patriotic connections so I completely understand...mine is of course Wales, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland before any other nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

But see, there was no need for these fine englishmen to be there in the first place. It was obviously an attempt to provoke Russians.

Lens where England play their next game, is a small market town. Population 32,000.

Lille is a large city. Population 300,000.

The distance from Lens to Lille is 15 miles. Therefore England Fans are staying at Hotels in Lille as a small matket town such as Lens cannot accomodate them. There are 30,000 England fans expected at the game against Wales.

Does that answer your question ?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They are in the same group English fans have a interest in how that game plays out you will find fans of all nationalities in every city where games are being played. I also think lots of England fans will be cheering for Wales.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I wish we were!

It's just a known fact that you teach your children to hate England. Was that a practice only in my country, or?
I didn't do it, because I believe past is in the past.

As you have your whatever emotions you tell yourself, Serbs share them as well with Russia.

edit on 212k2016Tuesdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
But to be honest, I don't care about these fights. They can fight as much as they want.

I was just expressing my thoughts. You obviously don't think your countrymen was trying to provoke the Russians, and that's fine. But, I've a different opinion which is based on my understanding of hooliganism.

Cheers
edit on 214k2016Tuesdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This post;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this post;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

pretty much say it all for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I guess Russian news outlets will tell a different story but the rest of the worlds media are free from the wrath of Vlad.

An England supporter who was seriously injured in pitched battles on Saturday remains in a “critical but stable" condition in hospital, prosecutor Brice Robin told a press conference. The attackers have not been identified, but Robin said 150 “extremely well-trained" Russian troublemakers had taken part in the Marseille unrest. They were “prepared for hyper-fast and hyper-violent acts", Brice said and they slipped through police surveillance.
www.thenational.ae...

It's also worth pointing out that it isn't just the Russian and English fans fighting over there although little has been made of the other incidents.

There were new incidents Sunday, as German football fans fought Ukrainian supporters ahead of their Group C game in Lille. More than 50 known German hooligans were involved in the clashes, according to a German police source quoted by the SID sports news agency. And in Paris about 50 French youths dressed in black taunted Croatian supporters, with the two sides throwing missiles and fireworks at each other before police moved in.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Again I understand completely.
Different associations and affiliations, different history and all the rest of it.
We are the same in the sense that we defend those who we regard our extended family. Wales, Scotland, England, N.Ireland & Republic of Ireland for me, Serbia & Russia for you.
I totally get it.
edit on 14.6.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Englishmen were in Lille, where Russia plays the game tonight i believe, drinking with their flags spread, and obviously expecting the Russians to see them and engage with them.

This post here; www.abovetopsecret.com... explains the situation perfectly, yet you choose to completely ignore this post.....I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's just a known fact that you teach your children to hate England.

We already know that.

That's why Eastern European countries never vote for The U.K. song in The Eurovision Song Comtest. Not that we mind, as we treat the contest as a complete joke. We only ever enter artist who are total crap.

In fact there are calls for The U.K. to pull out of it completely. As the U.K. is the largest financial contributor to Eurovision that would be great fun, as then the whole thing might colllapse into a dung heap.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wait, you telling me they actually still run that sh@t-show they call eurovision? Don't they have australia in it as well now?

The last time I've watched it, it was like 20 years ago, when they actually made good music.

But to answer @freeborn

As I've stated before, the only reason why would I be in town where my opponents are playing, is to try to start a fight. Again, that is my personal view of this whole situation.

I mean I might be wrong; maybe these younger englishmen are not what their fathers were. Maybe they are just friendly nice lads

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The policing of this tournament has been awful.

The French police seem to have been completely oblivious to the numerous potential flashpoints.
And the scheduling of some of the games has only compounded the issue.

Most European nations have very active hooligan and Ultra elements and there are plenty of national rivalries that will continue to offer these elements the chance to in their minds settle some scores or make some points.

I have absolutely zero confidence in the French police and authorities and their ability to contain such occurrences.
However, I have the utmost faith that MSM will only report the narrative that serves their purpose.

Is there some other agenda being played out here?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Don't know what they write in Russia, but just because the rest of the world is saying something, does not make it true. Just a little tip

Wasn't it said a lot of times, that the Russians actually take hooliganism serious? It's a way of living for them. Let's say that someone practices to become a better football player, they train to fight with other fans.

And I agree; french police is bloody sh@t
edit on 229k2016Tuesdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join