It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting in France after England vs Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
As for peaceable celts. ..Two words.
Rangers Celtic.

End of.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Why would that game be of any risk?

The game that I mentioned, should be the game of the highest possible risk. I predict numerous small fights with a potential to turn into a big escalation, if the french police don't do their job.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Rangers Celtic.

End of.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
SEND THEM PACKING. They are tainting the GAME.

François Hollande should set a huge example.. Disqualify Russia for the actions of the thugs in Marseille and the disgraceful attack within the stadium - send them all home.. Disqualify England for the bottles thrown at the Police, the Isis and confrontational chanting and the Loutish behavior of pathetic drunken clowns- Send them all packing .. Wales and Slovakia can
progress. Four matches will be voided and the locals can live in peace. What a strong move that would be.. They have enough trouble dealing with their own troublemakers without others.. Poland and N Ireland should be on a last warning..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

He won't do any such thing.
Too much money to be made.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It would cement his position and save on the cleaning up afterwards..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Rangers Celtic.

End of.

Two words...Manchester Sevilla..

I'll let you spot the difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Merely pointing out that the myth of peaceable drunk scots is exactly that.
You can be as bad as anyone else on your day.

Denying it is just silly.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

if the french police don't do their job.

The French police are doing their job protecting ALL fans at the tournament from a possible Daesh attack , what they don't need is that job being made harder by nationalistic idiots.

You're good at making excuses for the wrongs of others Nikola.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

It would cement his position and save on the cleaning up afterwards..

Won't be popular with all the French bars relying on selling a year's worth of booze in a couple of weeks.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yeah, there was a major effort in the early nineties to transform English football into a middle class supporters' game, rather than a working class one. It was coordinated carefully apparently, though I don't have any specifics. It was a direct response to the organised hooliganism of the eighties..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Looks like the governing body is looking at fining the Russian team over their fans behavior.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Problem I have with this is how do you know that they were actually Russian? Our British police and secret service personnel pose as anything that can disrupt and give bad publicity when they have a government agenda. We also know that there are certain governments who have it in for Russia and especially popular Putin.

What I am surprised at is the quiet about the muslim attacks and rioting that we didn't get to see the French police dealing with in Paris on our tv.s, just the bad publicity about our thuggish football fans whom pay a lot of money for their trips abroad and contribution to the local bars etc etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont understand why people go to fight and destroy things at football matches. I think the videos we see on the news shame our countries, especially with the pressure the emergancy services are under while we have ongoing terrorist threats.

I dont respect the people and what there doing, but i do respect that they are saying there not going to stop what they have always done because of terrorists. I support that idea, but nothing else there doing.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As I've said in other threads this was so predictable, (as was the result of the game but that's entirely another matter).

Who on earth scheduled England to play Russia in Marseilles at 8PM on a Saturday night?

Russia has a well documented and established active hooligan scene.
These guys take it very seriously, train and organise.
They see beating England off the pitch as the pinnacle.

Every man and his dog who knows anything about this subject knows that Russian hooligans had openly stated they were going to target English fans in Marseilles.

Marseilles was the scene of riots back in 98 involving English fans.
Marseilles has a very active Ultra group who were keen to take what they see as 'revenge' for the 98 riots.

Marseilles also has a 60% Muslim population.

Most 'Old School' English hooligans are either the subject of banning orders which prohibit travel abroad during English internationals, are too old and too fat to be actively involved in hooliganism, are happily married etc and have turned their back on the whole scene or just couldn't give a toss about it anymore and just want to have a beer and a laugh and enjoy the football like the vast majority of football fans.

That's not to say there aren't those who travel who will go looking for trouble - of course there is and to suggest anything other is just ridiculous.
However, like fans of all countries, most just want to experience the occasion, have a bit of banter and a laugh and hopefully see their team do well.

But, and it's a massive BUT - they will never cower away and will retaliate when attacked.

'Old School' hooligans would never target 'ordinary' fans and only wanted to fight like for like.
These new hooligans respect no such distinction - they will target 'ordinary' fans, women and even children.

I have been reliably informed that a handful of English 'fans' were acting like complete scumbags.
But the vast majority of violence has been instigated by Russian hooligans and local Ultras.

All of this could easily have been avoided if French authorities had listened to English police recommendation on how to police the game.

But none of it would have necessary if common sense had been applied when scheduling this match.
Early as possible kick off, mid-week, at almost any venue other than one in Marseille.

To more important matters - I've watched England for over half a century now and nothing surprises me.
I spent a few years following them abroad, had some great times which were only spoilt by our football.
I now go into tournaments not expecting much so I tend not to be disappointed.
This tournament will be no different despite us having what should be a half decent team.
Last night's result was so predictable but we'll still scrape through group qualification and go out on penalties in either the next round or the quarters.
Such a shame.

And to end on a different note - nice to see the predictable anti-English bigotry and hatred being spewed from the usual quarters.
It must be such a sad and miserable existence being so consumed with bitterness and rage.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

What I am surprised at is the quiet about the muslim attacks and rioting that we didn't get to see the French police dealing with in Paris on our tv.s, just the bad publicity about our thuggish football fans....

The recent riots in Paris have hardly been reported on for obvious reasons;
France is supposed to be the epitome of EU success.

What we see there WILL come to the UK if we Remain - can't be showing Joe Public the future when it looks like that can we?

The French riot far more frequently than probably any other nation in Europe yet we English, and by extension all British, are supposed to be the thugs of Europe.

And all the violence on Marseilles deflects away from the serious problems France has....all at a time when we are about to vote on EU membership.

Convenient?

Maybe THAT'S one of the reasons this game was scheduled at such a ridiculous time and at a ridiculous location?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Last night's result was so predictable ...

Yep , typical England , failed to make chances pay in the first half to let it slip in the second.
The performance was encouraging however , they played well and looked dominant in the first 45 just poor dead ball set pieces and lack of finishing quality let them down , I too believe they will qualify from the group.

And to end on a different note - nice to see the predictable anti-English bigotry and hatred being spewed from the usual quarters.

Sad innit , old prejudices die hard.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

That happens when you learn from your own mistakes.

Unlike you, I can understand why is this happening, because basically, my whole life I've been fed up with lies and taught to hate, first the capitalist west and then surrounding countries.
Whoever was not expecting the fights to occur considering all that is happening between Russia and the west, and especially when we know that hooliganism, is practically a sport in Russia, is not familiar with the situation in Europe. That's why i assumed you were not from europe.

Shouldn't french military deal with the terrorists, and leave their police deal with this kind of stuff? At least that's what I would do.

So far, I have not been impressed with the french police, which makes me think things will escalate even further, as there's going to be a whole lot more high risk games, one of them being Croatia-Turkey which i already mentioned. Let's see if this game goes without incidents during and after it
edit on 708k2016Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Us Cumbrians are a proud example of Celt history marra, with Norse mixed in for good effect. One of the pluses of being on the border between Alba and Sasann

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The emergency services in France must be under huge pressures.
They're still reeling and in shock from the fairly recent terrorist attacks, they would have trained incredibly hard and carried out numerous training exercises regarding every possible kind of terror threat and then what happens?
Groups of hooligans go over there and groups of local gangs and hooligans come out of the woodwork and start smashing things up, burning things, attacking police, terrorizing families and holidaymakers and genuine soccer fans and have pretty much left the door open for a huge terror attack.

While the police are dealing with these asshats, they're being taken away and distracted from actually policing and spotting potential terrorists.
It's an absolute disgrace that in 2016 and after everything that has happened in France and the state of the world and the fragility of peace at the moment, that a supposed peaceful and fun sports tournament has been turned into a war zone and there are running battles and people being attacked and hospitalized.

Grow up you morons.
edit on 12-6-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join