It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs is sponsoring a Scientology-based jail ‘re-education’ program

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I didn't know this thread was about scientology? It seems ardent scientologists have came out of the hills to defend prisoner abuse. Please do not be angry if I report this thread...

It's actually against Scientology, but yeah, a couple of its defenders have come out to play.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Noone is defending prisoner abuse.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

Noone is defending prisoner abuse.

Actually, you were. The Scientology method is nothing more than prisoner abuse.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I thought the purpose of this thread was a national bank investing into a shady treatment involved in Lessing the recidivism of crime where as the Fu**ers are manipulating the Fu*kies in a certain way that makes someone who used to embrace violence as a job, throw up in their mouth because people want people to experience this in jail?

The thread is not about scientology directly. Scientology spends more money a year hiding their lawsuits, claimants sign billion year contracts and donate all their money n some cases. Either way, someone somewhere will eventually post a thread here on ATS claiming he or she was duped in the 70s into believing aliens put bombs into volcanos.

Does not matter, non violent offenders (violent ones have other issues) do not need brain wasing and monkey bones in jail, this thread speaks about their "rehabilitation"

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It's more about him endorsing the Scientology way of rehabilitating into society, so it does directly involve both. But it was the Scientology apologisers who jumped in and took the thread so far off topic that we are where we are now.
edit on 1162016 by TerryDon79 because: Stupid autocorrect

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I personally do not like the scientology approach.
I think our laws need reformed, I think addicts need real treatment and direction instead of jails that push this.
I am against both scientology and am against social experiments and abuse to prisoners.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I get that. I pretty much feel the same, but (and this is a big but) how would we know the rehabilitation in prison has worked without the social experiment side?

It's a double edged sword. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I personally do not like the scientology approach.
I think our laws need reformed, I think addicts need real treatment and direction instead of jails that push this.
I am against both scientology and am against social experiments and abuse to prisoners.

Both means 3 things now? No wonder your opinion doesn't matter. See, if an English speaking person said that they might say I am against Scientology, social experiments and abuse to prisoners.
edit on 11-6-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I get that. I pretty much feel the same, but (and this is a big but) how would we know the rehabilitation in prison has worked without the social experiment side?

You'll appreciate this, there was this one study that said if you put a boy with a girls name in a class with a girl with the same name the kid would act out more to prove he was a boy or something. Your tax dollars at work.

They study all kinds of stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You'll appreciate this, there was this one study that said if you put a boy with a girls name in a class with a girl with the same name the kid would act out more to prove he was a boy or something. Your tax dollars at work.

They study all kinds of stuff.

Which, again, has nothing to do with the topic.

Try again.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ron Hubbard's Dianetics is not a bad book. It makes sense and it works. It's the organization that forces it into people for profit that is bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Aristotelian1

We can dance around this issue all day or we can talk about how Scientology colluded with Goldman Sachs to profit off of the prison industrial complex and subliminally push their backward dogma to at risk youth.

That is a subject that is ripe for ATS inquiry.

To what end? Was this just an experiment in mind control to see if it worked? If so, tweak it? If they believed this type of mind control worked, what outcome did they hope to achieve with the prisoners other than have them not recommit a crime when they got out? In the post that showed the ladder

The highest level one can achieve in terms of morality on the freedom ladder is a state of “Grace,” a stage in which “one must give oneself to a major cause.

If this was successful, what cause were the prisoners suppose to join? How radically did the prisoners thinking actually change if at all?

If this was run by goldman sacks, did he hope to utilize a more imporved mind control system for something more neferious in the future?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

I think it was meant to be a sort of reformatory school sort of programming... you know like military ones where every single matter in ones life is controlled until te person is broken or fractured... and in that split is where the mind control or molding comes into real play. Such programs dont want people to think though they want mind controlled robots to perform specific tasks or when one says jumps tey arent gonna ask or question how high... as that was already programmed in there, so it becomes do as soon as told.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Don't judge anything until you hear both side's of the story. Not many people talk about the positive effect they received from the practice of the scientology. I do not belong to the organization but I know it is scientific, it is practically the same as the past life regression. You expose the deepest secret of your mind and you get free from the ill effect of the trauma you got inflicted by the bad people around you.

If Goldman Sachs does this just for profit, that would be bad but if anyone of the prisoners can get reformed, it can be considered it's worth it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I didn't know this thread was about scientology? It seems ardent scientologists have came out of the hills to defend prisoner abuse. Please do not be angry if I report this thread...
Some of these scientologists have been here derailing for 14 hours 😲 you derailers really suck

How's is MRT prisoner abuse? Have you ever worked with the program (or any other evidence based proggram) other than reading this thread that is trying to make connections to scientology that do not exist?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: groveacc

You say you are not a Scientologist yet you claim this system is scientific.

How can you possibly know what the system actually is or claim that it is the same as past life regression since the details have not been made public.

Were you a criminal forced to take the course if so then tell us about it.

BTW if it is the same as past life regression as you claim then it violates the prisoners rights. Even prisoners maintain the right of freedom of religion.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well tossing psychology on it saying you dont ave to believe it is where the science part comes in... of course programs with specialized terms are always some unknown un natural concept to learn or dogma which of course throws it automatically into the religion files...

Science or religion or a blend of tem all sort of have their own ideas about living and for being or a purpose... Ive found it curious why purpose is always handed or given to people, and they arent allowed to chose their purpose in freedom other than to make sure systems of the status quo stayed propped up... even long after those that started tem are typically long dead sometimes by many thousands of years... of course it leads to a certian predictable behavoir over time to be understood or assimilated... but if it isnt recognized at first it will of course be seen as a threat to the body of power already existing, and in such a way self protection kicks in really no different than the bodies own immune system... and people are taken out as agendas see fit if they are seen as a threat to certian systems.

Self chosen purpose is sort of considered going rogue and a scary thing to those that either try to understand it but dont, or have no interest at all in understanding it to begin with. Good thing indefinte detainment without any trail is in place for such thought to be rabble rousing free thinkers eh?

Choosing ones purpose or not isnt a bad thing, its a personal decision and the weird ting is how much those wishing to control start freaking out when someone becomes beyond those personal expectations even if they arent breaking any laws... its like the worst kind of slavery this idea of assumptive expectational control others have saying conform conform one of us one of us... and people wonder why there are so many so called special snowflakes as the new programming word to throw around like a virus to pull strings and control people for reactions to make them dance a jig.

Know what? Everyone is a unique individual no ones experiences are lain out in the same fashion or way no matter how limited that view or experience may be... over the course of time these experiences roll down and snowball into more understanding knowledge and wisom and isnt that how life always has been?

Its very controlling presumtive and assumptive of people to forget somehow what being young was in those expectations of grow up conform blah blah blah... is it any wonder theres stereotypes and judgments at every turn that divide and separate... in a huge brow beat to be part of some group or clique by labels others have given and one chooses or doesnt to accept them as truth of their being?

You know youre throughly asleep when you believe any label someone has conferred on you or carry some one has chosen... and I think thats what people forget that exchange or carry is a choice and a gift or load no one has to accept... doing that only draws a line in the dirt from others not carrying that same label to war and fight against. Its gang mentality and pretty limiting, causing people to have to earn respect due to some labels and accept programming instead of just being and live and let live automatically giving respect.

Whats there to fight for then? All we had on birth was breath, all this other was just here no need to label or name it just enjoy it... if you cant do that? Try controlling oneself instead of every little thing not oneself... humanity has a huge control issue, be this be that dont be this dont be that yeah he or she has permission... um wtf no wonder people say grow up because in such systems really no one ever does playing non stop parent or slave driver to everyone except themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

I think your asking exactly the right questions, " To what End " ? Anyone who does any investigation of Goldman Sachs and Scientology will find this is a very strange and "unholy" alliance. Out of respect for the OP I will leave it at that for now...

For those of you who believe that "if it helps just one person, it's worth it" are falling in line with why this evil stuff continues to happen. I think the MOST important thing to understand is that although deception and any form of "mind control" is allowed and encouraged, there seems to be some bizarre "need" by the elite "Satanists" to make people WILLINGLY submit...even if that person has to be broken down first.

Doesn't GS owe us back ALOT of money for the extortion, um "bail-out" of our Government ? Is spending 7.5 million on this, at best, controversial program a service to our troubled youth ? How about building a trade school that teaches actual skills that promote self esteem and self reliance ?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Very intriguing thread. I heard some stuff about scientology a few years back and met a woman who had been involved in lower levels. I found her to be one of the most manipulative and dangerous people Ive known. She would deliberately play games with people on line and turn friends against each other in a very covert manner. She would gain your trust first getting you to open up... then bam! she uses that against you. It goes against the very heart of what it means to be a trusted friend. Then one day she told me something that to me was ultra diabolical to my very soul and heart and within an hour I had symptoms of a horrific flu virus.
I find scientology to be a very dangerous practice and to be an atheistic practice which tries to imitate spirituality but in reality is a bunch of mind control techniques. It's devoid of real spirit and devoid of love.
Some people may feel that using mind control like this on incarcerated people makes sense from a practical societal level but its dangerous stuff and even people in prison have souls(most of them anyway) and maybe even there wrongfully and they still have a right to contain their own souls.
Goldman Sachs.... well I remember when I learned that present POTUS had a more than usual number of GS former employees on his staff.....soooo who knows what strange stuff lurks in that matrix.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Id give you a hundred stars for your post if I could.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join