It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs is sponsoring a Scientology-based jail ‘re-education’ program

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 10-6-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That may be what Scientology's ot said, but xenu has his own ot levels. Ot begins 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,ace,ace,ace

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

That may be what Scientology's ot said, but xenu has his own ot levels. Ot begins 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,ace,ace,ace

I'm guessing this is unique to your own mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What are your solutions to re-intergrate those in society who repeatedly visit jail, and who seem to lack a moral compass?
We need to give them a reason for acting 'morally', or to act in a manner acceptable to society. These are clearly people who need educating in a moral or civil way, and I ask you, OP, what is your method for funding and implementing this?

The above mentioned model may not be perfect, but it's something. I'm damn sure your government isn't pumping money and resources into this cause. When the average offender comes out, they will be (on balance) just as likely to re-offend, and will likely spend more time in the clink, at your expense.

While the worlds religions are found lacking in many aspects, one thing the do provide, at their core, is a moral code, which is sorely lacking in the world today. Whether you find it in religion, or find it within yourself, I think it's important to temper the tendency we all have to 'serve the self'. Lest we end up like our rulers.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

These are clearly people who need educating in a moral or civil way, and I ask you, OP, what is your method for funding and implementing this?

I don't know what the method would be, to be honest. But I can tell you what it wouldn't be if it were up to me.

It wouldn't involve a Wall Street bank outsourcing a rehab program designed to profit from the mentally debilitated.

Edit: I honestly think that Transcendental Meditation should be offered in United States prisons. There is no question that there needs to be some serious overhaul in the US prison industrial complex. I think that anything would be better than MRT.
edit on 6/10/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

These are clearly people who need educating in a moral or civil way, and I ask you, OP, what is your method for funding and implementing this?

I don't know what the method would be, to be honest. But I can tell you what it wouldn't be if it were up to me.

It wouldn't involve a Wall Street bank outsourcing a rehab program designed to profit from the mentally debilitated.

Edit: I honestly think that Transcendental Meditation should be offered in United States prisons. There is no question that there needs to be some serious overhaul in the US prison industrial complex. I think that anything would be better than MRT.

Isn't Scientology a non profit organization?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

LOL

You're just f*cking with us now, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Andromedabound

Click on my username and look at the post entitled "need a criminal to answer this"

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andromedabound
While the worlds religions are found lacking in many aspects, one thing the do provide, at their core, is a moral code,

$cientology's "moral code" is lie, steal and make as much money as we can from the gullible. As expected from a "religion" started by a fraud and liar only to make money.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Andromedabound

Click on my username and look at the post entitled "need a criminal to answer this"

You want someone to read a thread that has got NOTHING to do with what they asked?

Well done.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No, we all know it is purely a profit making scam.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

No, we all know it is purely a profit making scam.

So much so that some of the members have been convicted of fraud and Ponzi scheme.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Terry, we'll contact you when we need you, like when the sonogram is broken and we need a baby name that's suitable for a boy or a girl because it's neither. Like your name, terry. Okie?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I agree that we should stick to the OP. One last thing though. True information is always preferable to false information and the only one that can decide which is which, for you, is you. I think some people who spread anti scientology propaganda on this site are evil intentioned, but most are just ignorant of the facts; they are not evil. There are many books and lectures in Scinetology. I encourage everyone to actually read and listen to the material directly so that they can decide for themselves. I think they'll find the truth of the matter refreshing.

Bollocks, do you agree that re-conation is a real word or not?
Do you or do you not agree that a forced "treatment" to many non violent offenders forcing them to believe they are morally and intellectually inferior compared to the "free world" is ok or disgusting?
Do you or do you not agree the systems presented in the op not only model scientology but also work to the advantage of those that stand to profit much from for profit prisons?

Ignorant to what facts?
Quit derailing and answer the fooking question!

There is nothing wrong with court mandated therapy. It is not confined to be a money maker concept for private prisons. Also, the evidence based is only one part of a treatment program. When you lack any concept of empathy, a person is destined to continue the same mistakes and reject the social contract we all live by. We're not talking about getting a program for smoking a single joint or a college MIP here.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Terry, we'll contact you when we need you, like when the sonogram is broken and we need a baby name that's suitable for a boy or a girl because it's neither. Like your name, terry. Okie?

Oh wow. An insult. Can't expect anything else from a scientologist who has lost an argument.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Be proud of your transgender identity, Hillary is about to be president. Be strong! Hell I'm proud just to know you.
edit on 10-6-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

By we are you referring to your Schizophrenic personalities or are you referring to the church?

By the way if you were referring to your Schizophrenic personalities then I am truly sympathetic.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Be proud of your transgender identity, Hillary is about to be president. Be strong! Hell I'm proud just to know you.

Oh look. Another insult.

How about you actually offer something to the thread? You haven't so far. The only thing you've done is cry that the information is wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Oh look. Another insult.

How about you actually offer something to the thread? You haven't so far. The only thing you've done is cry that the information is wrong.
Thats because you Order 88 people.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join