It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs is sponsoring a Scientology-based jail ‘re-education’ program

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Can you go into detail about the nature of your work with MRT?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: groveacc

You seem to have left out the parts involving Lord Zenu, Thetans, and the like.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey I'm not playing a poker game here. I just want to show people why blinded one sided bigotry is dangerous in any reasonable rational discussion.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Forget about those unverifiable claims. It is no different than YHWH, Lucifer, Baal, Allah etc bull craps.
Take the most salient feature of it as much as you can. In Christianity, all you need to learn and take is one simple phrase "Truth Will Set You Free" and nothing else and you can still be a good Christian. And he died for it. So and that's why he is the King. So what is the real truth about Dianetics? I'm not a member of Illuminati nor Mason by the way...
Don't you think Jesus will approve of Dianetics?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Don't think Tom Cruise, John Travolta and numerous other celebrities are stupid than you are.

Yeah, because Tom Cruise is the poster boy for sanity.

Seriously though, I would think the organization would tell its followers to never name drop Cruise if they are trying to defend Scientology.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Don't you think Jesus will approve of Dianetics?

Whether he would or not is irrelevant. Because I don't give a flying # about any religious institution.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is it just me or does Goldman Sachs seem to be the hook or intent to draw people in thinking unholy allance and then the real purpose as a bait or recruitment tool hoping people bite the hooks several keep tossing out?

Thats how ive come to see this thread or line tossed into the waters of ATS.

If that is the case... not very upstanding and kinda deceitful tactic. Doesnt really bode well for Scientology having to lure or recruit in such a sneaky manner, if what I speak is true Id hope coming clean is just as important as coming clear...

Well, good luck with all that I suppose... not my kinda posion.

Toodles.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Have you ever been to a Scientology center?

I live in the Tampa Bay Area which is just a 10 minute bridge away from Clearwater, which is where their headquarters is.

They own most of the buildings in Clearwater, including but not limited too ALL the government buildings. They've infiltrated the city council and they've attained so much political power here that no lawyer in their right mind would take a case against them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Once upon a time in the year 2010, I was eating dinner at my (then) favorite Italian restaurant called The Laughing Kat in Ybor City. I had a lovely penne alla vodka with prosciutto and I was sipping on some Pinot Noir. After topping off my buzz I exited the The Laughing Kat and began chatting it up with some acquaintances that were passing me by.

In my peripheral I could see to my left there were two young people, a male and a female, in white button downs and black slacks. Jehovah's Witnesses (I thought)? They waited until I had departed the company of my friends and was now walking back toward 7th Ave by myself, then they approached me.

Female: Hey! Would you like to take a free personality test?

Me: Meh, I'm not a fan of Scientology.

Her and her associate had this quizzical look on their faces of surprise and amusement, like 'oh you know of us?'

Female: Well what do you know about Scientology?

At this point I had to make a choice, either brush them off and keep walking like I would any other vagrant that didn't have a clever sign OR I could see just how deep in the rabbit hole they are.

Me: I know that L Ron Hubbard was a disciple of Aleister Crowley and that he was also personal friends with Anton LaVey (founder of the church of Satan).

Male: We aren't sure where you heard that but we can assure you there is nothing Satanic about Scientology.

Me: You know I had a very good friend who was a member of the church for 20+ years and when he left he was viciously harassed, stalked, and threatened. He is no longer allowed to speak to his wife & children since he has been declared a suppressive person.

Female: What was his name?

Me (in my buzzed stupor): Oh I'm not falling for that one! Haha...

Female: Well would you like to give us the opportunity to share our faith with you from our perspective?

Me: Not if it involves giving you any money.

Male: No you can come with us to our building across the street and we will give you a free tour.

Me: Sure, why not.

So I walk with them into the Scientology center in Ybor City, Tampa.

Immediately they asked me to put my name down on the sign-in sheet. I signed a fake name, of course. She began by walking me through their lavishly decorated facility that used to be a historic cigar factory. She showed me study rooms, media rooms, sleeping quarters, laundry, etc. As if I was going to rent a room there? We walked down the end of a hall and into a small theater where she said our tour was going to officially begin.

She put a DVD on and it was projected onto a large screen about 15 feet away from my recliner. Still buzzed, I sat and watched their propaganda film. It started with a somewhat famous but not so well known actor named Michael Fairman. He introduces this propaganda piece by telling a story about where he first met LRH.

He started by saying that as a wee lad in his early 20s he worked at a shipyard in NYC I think. One day he was unloading cargo and slipped and fell on the wrong side of a crowbar, the crowbar somehow pierced his flesh and penetrated his calf. He was incapacitated and taken to the hospital where doctors reluctantly informed him that his wound had succumbed to a gangrenous infection and that it was very likely that he would lose his leg.

A day later as he was still in his hospital bed, writhing in pain and trying to rationalize what his life would be like without a leg, when in came a visitor. This man was no doctor but was dressed like a salesmen, in a nice suit with a tie and cap. This man he says, was L Ron Hubbard.

Hubbard handed him a copy of Dianetics and explained to him that the mainstream medical profession has an invested interest in keeping people incapacitated. He told Mr. Fairman that there were alternative methods of treatment and that he could probably save his leg.

According to Fairman, after Hubbard explained his theories of MEST and the idea of Thetans, he proceeded to do a sort of laying of the hands spiritual healing where he placed his hands on the wounded leg and began 'channeling' mental energy through to eradicate the infection.

And according to Fairman, several days later his doctors announced that his infection had receded and that he would no longer need amputation.

In exchange for his leg, Fairman offered Hubbard his services and was henceforth a member of Scientology.

The video goes on to show reenacted scenes of Hubbard giving lectures in the 50s, with actual audio from Hubbard but the actor that played Hubbard never showed his face to the camera (creepy).

She asked me what I thought of the film. To which I replied "I don't think 15 minutes is enough time to give a comprehensive back story on the history of LRH & Scientology. In fact (I continued) it would be naive of me to believe that I could get a clear picture of your organization from only a 15 minute film reel."

Female: Well we aren't finished yet. Are you familiar with auditing?

Me: I've never been audited but I know the basic concept. By the way are you aware that all of your auditing sessions are recorded? Are you aware that by divulging all of your personal thoughts and secrets you are giving power to an institution that will use your own words and experiences against you should you decide to leave?"

She brushed off that question and proceeded to explain to me how the e-meter works.

I interjected: Actually, you may not know this but the e-meter is an overly sophisticated lie detector. It's basically a polygraph with a bunch of bells and whistles, a psuedoscientific knock-off of a biofeedback device.

Female: The e-meter is our patented technology that measures your Thetan levels. It helps us determine the appropriate route for treatment.

Me: What if I don't need treatment?

Female: Nobody is perfect! Everybody can benefit from this technology.

She handed me the receiver, a cylindrical metal rod protruding from the device connected by a cable. Immediately upon handling the object, the meter began to flicker. It was pressure sensitive! If I let me hand go numb the meter wouldn't move, if I flexed the meter would jump. This is hardly scientific, I thought. The only people dumb enough to believe that this device can accurately measure your emotional responses are people who have no background in basic Science.

I'll continue this story in... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Great finds, sir!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

So you are only interested in spewing your own bigotry and hatred.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I recall about 10 years ago, back in the Google Video days, there was tape after tape of recordings from inside the City Council hearing chambers for (I thought it was St. Pete?) involving corruption across the board. I didn't see those today, in Youtube.

This one is both eye opening and entertaining:

It look like they tend to put those castle / lighthouse spire towers over their landmarks.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I expose mind control / brain washing / diabolical indoctrination in all forms, at all levels, therefore Scientology are on the info hit list.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

We have evidence that Scientology and their methods are fraudulent, harmful and pseudoscientific. Some of that evidence has been presented in this thread and other threads that have been linked to.

Why not provide evidence that Scientology isn't what we say it is?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You seem to have left out the parts involving Lord Zenu, Thetans, and the like.

Okay, since you didn't go on to explain that let me:

edit on 12-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Expose it as much as you can. That doesn't negate the fact that the book Dianetics tells the truth about your mind. And it is worth learning. It is not about indoctrination, it is about freeing your mind from diabolical indoctrination you already possess inside of your mind. It's purpose is to make you a free person devoid of any demonic possession of all sorts. It's like fixing the check engine light of your car in your life. If something goes wrong in your life over and over in the same pattern, you have to realize that there is something wrong inside you that needs to be fixed, otherwise, you will simply repeat the same pattern of behavior over and over again without any improvement until you go to your grave. That's not an acceptable alternative.

Talking like everything about Dianetics is falsehood is not correct. Also there is difference between Dianetics and Scientology although people may think they are essentially the same. Scientology is an organization that practices the principle of Dianetics in their egocentric and exploitive manner. Dianetics is only the principle you can apply to yourself without resorting to any organization. You can fix your own car, or at least quite a few of you can do it. If you can't, then you have to pay for the service. Scientology is a place that you can have your mind problems get fixed after making some payment. And there are many different places that you can hire them, or, you can learn how to do the job by yourself. Once you learn it, you will see that it is not that difficult.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dianetics is mostly rubbish. I would say an easy 50% is pure bunk and has been proven to be so.

ETA: I thought this would help. LINK
edit on 1262016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Unless you show why and how the principles written in the book Dianetics is rubbish line by line and phrase by phrase, I tend to think you are rubbish yourself.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Okay, so on topic with the OP...

Now that's its widely established that Scientology does some bonafide brain washing & cult adherence practices, perhaps the Establishment said 'hey, maybe they with their techniques can control some of these rabid beasts and evil monsters'.

And you know what, maybe they can!

Perhaps this IS progress after all... until we hear about serial rapings going on between members....

In the meantime, their new prison recruits should make hella good provocateurs and anti-protestor thugs (maybe they'll even get some specialty minions like in data hacking, home invasions, etc skill sets)!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: groveacc
a reply to: TerryDon79
Unless you show why and how the principles written in the book Dianetics is rubbish line by line and phrase by phrase, I tend to think you are rubbish yourself.

I don't need to do it line by line. A whole section can get debunked by a title and a synopsis alone.

Check out the link I provided. It explains a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join