It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Thanks.

I"m posting one of the other factors now.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

In my view, all manner of parapsychological phenomenon are much more prevalent in distant places, due to there being less EMF as in the OP;However other factors may also apply.

Why the Golden Age of UFOs Ended - Part 2 - Psychoactive Suppression?

Perhaps certain brain waves in humans make them more prone to experiencing things such as "high strangeness UFOs" and other para-psychological phenomenon.

"Mystics" are often accused of having Epilepsy or at least TLE (Temporal Lobe
Epilepsy or other micro-seizures) in their brains. Maybe such people ARE more
prone to "sensing things", some of which might actually be there.

For example, a smell of burning rubber, sulphur or other unusual
smells are often present at "high strangeness UFO events". This

can be a symptom of epilepsy as mentioned in the following link:

Smelling Smells that are not There

Is interesting to me.

I've been looking for the data.. I'll post it when I find it.. but we all
know that prescription drug use has skyrocketed in the modern
era; including psychoactive drugs for kids with ADD and other
"issues". I'm wondering if so many people being drugged up,
is also part of the mental suppression, that is keeping people
from being sensitive to their "woo side", which I'm theorizing
is what let's them encounter "classic UFOs".

So is "Obamacare" in conjunction with psychoactive prescription
drug frenzy, going to further suppress "high strangeness perceptions"?

SO many people are on anti-depressants and Ritalin and what not..

For example this bit from Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...
Methylphenidate, sold under various trade names, Ritalin being one of the most commonly known, is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant of the phenethylamine[3] and piperidine classes that is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. The original patent was owned by CIBA, now Novartis Corporation. It was first licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1955 for treating what was then known as hyperactivity. Medical use began in 1960; the drug has become increasingly prescribed since the 1990s, when the diagnosis of ADHD became more widely accepted.[4][5] Between 2007 and 2012 methylphenidate prescriptions increased by 50% in the United Kingdom and in 2013 global methylphenidate consumption increased to 2.4 billion doses, a 66% increase from the year before. The United States continues to account for more than 80% of global consumption.[6][7]

This is just one commonly abused drug.. it fits the time-scale pretty well.

This is not my primary thesis, but it's another possibility I'd say.
This is data which could also be correlated.

Kevin Pretty Bear
edit on 5-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Added Ritalin

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Interesting idea.
Fits in nicely with my "side effects" fascination.

I noticed a while ago there was a repeat of the fuss about EMF sensitive people. As usual the science mob said it was impossible etc. etc...

I think the key is in the word sensitivity. The science mob are right MOST of the time and for MOST people it will never be a problem.
A bit like mental illness, how do you know that some people really aren't hearing voices?
They might be hearing some really good stuff.

Just think, if Jesus ever did come back he'd be straight jacketed, drugged and buried behind many locked doors for telling us he'd brought a message from god.
But I'm getting sidetracked.

Something to consider would be whether or not TPTB know about this Woo Killer and if this is one of the reasons it seems you are obliged to have a phone these days.

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to see all these waves that are outside our range of vision. Would there be pretty coloured patterns or an awful cacaphony of pollution?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
S&F nice OP. Hope to see even more shared info about it.

originally posted by: easynow

Interesting topic and many folks wonder why the "exciting" cases have decreased ...

Spielberg Confused by Decrease in UFO Sightings

Spielberg says, "There are millions of video cameras out there and they're picking up less videos of UFOs, alleged UFOs, than we picked up in the 1970s and 1980s. There's 150 per cent more cameras, so why are we getting less from up there?

Link - ufodigest.com...

The point, again, is that the sightings aren’t nearly as exciting as they were forty or fifty years ago, and I have no explanation for that. Maybe it’s all just a matter of perspective.

Link - kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

Probably more to it than just cellphone EMF ...

The Space Debris Story
Link - www.youtube.com...

I'm thinking there's too many cellphone cameras now and too much space-based surveillance and they don't want to be caught on camera ...

UFO caught in photo over Vancouver Island, British Columbia 1981

Cameras being more common likely is part of it. Such as the current better quality of cameras(higher megapixels) in general helps to make debunking easier prior to deciding on if to publish the images and or footage.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Thanks for your reply. I often like your thinking

I don't want to connect any dots yet.. but between cell-phone and EMF saturation and over-prescription of psychoactive drugs, one could certainly wonder if this was part of some "diabolical government plan".

On the other hand, if everyone was "seeing the invisible", then we might be back to "burning witches" and that's NOT GOOD!

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You say the golden age ended in 1990

Well its probably no coincidence that:

On 6 August 1991, the World Wide Web went live to the world.

thenextweb.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So in your opinion, what is the correlation with the Internet?

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

So in your opinion, what is the correlation with the Internet?

Kev

The overabundance of information diminishes the validity of information on many levels.

For instance, on one level, just go to youtube and see all the junk on UFOS, as you reminded all the hoaxed material.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Umm.....I think u need to check the facts...

Here is the "creator" of the Internet....

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

let him sue me

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
One thing that would need to be closely looked at is the fact that a number of frequency bands were once used for TV broadcasts that are now used for mobile & cellular phones.

For example in the US

824–851 MHz: Cellular A & B franchises, terminal (mobile phone) (formerly TV channels 73–77)

And in the UK

470–862 MHz: Previously used for analogue TV channels 21–69 (until 2012).

See : en.wikipedia.org...

Although you shouldn't trust everything you read on the internet as Abraham Lincoln once said

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I've toyed with another slightly more depressing scenario.
The early sightings might've been real nuts n bolts craft with real saucermen in them.
They started to realise that we were spotting them too often.
We start to see brightly coloured plasma type decoys.
They grab the attention and, if close enough, give you a little dose of something to make you feel some kind of communion type event, leaving you thinking of other things than your immediate situation, but ultimately confused and not acting defensively.
Then they finish their experiments, decide we aren't what they're looking for and pack up and leave.

Not worth too much serious consideration but kind of fits the timeline if you turn your head to one side and squint at it.

Also no witches need be harmed.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Tulpa because: don't burn witches

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Excellent hypothesis and what looks to be the start of a fascinating discussion.

Sorting out the ocean of energy we are immersed in, while admitting correlation may not = causation, as well as recognizing that there may be forms of energy not yet recognized, gets quite 'messy,' but is certainly worth a look.

There are also some folks who testify that interior "voices" are silenced within a Faraday cage... while some attest they can hear "voices" better within one.

Perhaps there are two phenomena taking place... one "natural" and sourced with energy critters sharing our biosphere, and one "unnatural" sourced with standard EM and human scientific endeavors... FIIK indeed, but worth a good look.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The Faraday example is what I meant about sensitivity.
Two different people, two sets of results.
Were those two people at opposite ends of a sensitivity spectrum?

Hard to test a "normal" person when you can't even find one isn't it.
We seem to have no problem accepting that some peoples brains produce exceptional memory capabilities or that others may be mathematical or musical geniuses but if the possibility of an unexplained talent arises we have real trouble.

I can't play the guitar so Jimi Hendrix never existed?

Something might be very rare but it shouldn't be discounted.
They could've tested a million people to prove phones are safe but then stopped testing.
We don't know if the one million and first to be tested would've gone all zombie and gone on a killing spree.
We can only test things so many times before we declare them safe or there wouldn't be anything finished in the testing phase.

There's always exceptions.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Baddogma
They could've tested a million people to prove phones are safe but then stopped testing.
We don't know if the one million and first to be tested would've gone all zombie and gone on a killing spree.
We can only test things so many times before we declare them safe or there wouldn't be anything finished in the testing phase.

There's always exceptions.

Yes look how many people some to be allergic to nuts, pollen and all sorts of things these days. Modern living is definitely having a negative impact on more and more people. Or is it simply the fact that there are a lot more people on the planet these days? Giving us that impression.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Indeed.

And forums and social media vent off the creative impulses from people, so that increasingly very few people "do or create anything" anymore.

The Internet Neuters us in ways and pacifies us and in conjunction with TV has turned is into armchair spectators.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

More people, more testing, more awareness.

You may not know you're allergic to nuts until you recognise the symptoms of nut allergy are the same as yours.
Now we know more about nut allergy it gets tested for more often.
The more you test, the more you find.

I don't think they've devised a test to see if some people are prone to "Saucervision" tm. But I'd put money on it that they are well aware that certain brains have unusual properties.
Until they know more I suspect they'll keep pretty quiet about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Anything, theory, personage, or entity that enters this realm will take upon it this realms corruption.

That’s probably why the aliens and UFOs come and go at light speed

Over the years the human element will degrade anything having to do with UFOs.

Now where in the bronze age of UFOs

Gold...Silver...Bronze

Soon it will be the Iron age and you could guess what that may mean.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

"Spiritual awareness" has nothing to do with it. Its pretty simple, and you almost have it right: cell phone cameras. well, and the internet.

I have not yet seen a UFO photo that I can believe is anything other than natural phenomena. I believe that "they are here", so its not like im closed on the subject. Its just that there is a camera is everyones hand, and not a single photo has been produced that is believable to me.

George Adamski is among the worst perpetrators of fraud on the UFO field. For whatever that is worth.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Personally its my unsubstantiated belief that the "real" "UFOs" are not composed of "normal matter", so I agree with you---I've never seen a photo or video that I believe to be genuine.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join