It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Overview

People talk about the "Golden Age of UFOs". While there is no official timeline,
I think it's safe to say that the beginning would have been sometime after 1946
(Starting with George Adamski), and ending at the latest with the Belgian UFO
wave in 1989-1990. So 1946-1990 is what I will go with, although some of the
most interesting events happened earlier, just to list two of them:

1965 Kecksburg UFO Incident
1979 Robert Taylor UFO Incident

Now many people argue that the "Golden Age" of UFOs never ended; that in fact
there are more UFO sightings now than ever before. Well I will grant you that
there is a social hysteria about "UFOs" these days, fueled by social engineering
and such shows as "Ancient Aliens", and enormous quantities of hoaxed Youtube
videos and the like. But pointing at pinpoints of light in the sky, chinese lanterns
and the like, do not compare to the incidents of the "Golden Age", where
physical evidence was common, and people (apparently) interacted with some
really solid and in-their-faces stuff.

Well I agree that the "Golden Age of "UFOs"" has ended, and I have a theory as to why.

Starting the Formation of a Theory

It all started when I began to notice that my "spiritual awareness" if you want to put it
that way, seemed to have varied tremendously over my 54 years of life, and in major
part seemed to be related to where I was living!

Now I'm not going to argue about "spiritual awareness" in this post; let's just
hypothesize that there is indeed some sort of so-called "woo", based on the
laws of physics, that does occur, for some people, at some times. I know this
is a hotly contested topic, and I myself "disbelieve" in a great deal of this kind
of talk. But I've seen too much to throw ALL of baby out with the bathwater,
which is why I write on this topic.

So my contention is that it's the adoption of cell-phone towers and other EMF fields,
which interfere with these latent abilities.

Before I go into my own personal experience a bit, let's examine the adoption rate of
cell phones; here is one reference:

Cell Phone Adoption Curve

You'll notice that just when cell phones were starting to take off, was when the "golden age" was dying.

So why cell phones? I'm saying that the EMF from cell phones and other electromagnetic radiation
interferes with the "woo ability" to "see/interact with" (at least) "high strangeness "UFOs""

I've tracked my own "woo ability" during my life, and it went like this:

1961 - 1981
Lived in rural Minnesota before cell phones were invented or were just coming into use.
Had crazy woo.

1982 - 1990
Was in the Navy. In the belly of steel warships I had lots of woo.

1991 - 2005
Lived in various places.. woo was at varying levels. Amazingly I never carried a
cell phone during these years, so I have no idea how many bars of coverage
that existed where I lived. However it was obvious to me, that my "woo" was at
maximum when I was visiting in remote places, such as woods and mountains.

2006 - 2013
I lived in a house which was in a "cell phone black hole". For whatever reason
I had to walk several blocks away from my home in any direction, to get even
one bar of reception from any carrier. Inside my home itself I got zero bars
reception. It was while living in this home that I attempted to "summon" a "UFO",
as it was my theory that there really was not such a thing as "UFOs" in the nuts
and bolts sense, that it was purely a "paranormal phenomenon". To my great
surprise a "Black Triangle UFO" did show up; the first "UFO" I had ever seen
in my life. It was not a point of light in the sky; it was right in my face. Huge and
impressive and undeniable: not to mention the fact "It" shape-shifted and talked
to me among other things.

2014 - 2016
I moved and bought a home with great cell-phone coverage. I experience very
little "woo".

Now I know that's not 'scientific' but I'm just noticing the pattern and accumulating evidence.

Now here are a couple links about Faraday Cages, which are used to block out
most types of EMF, including cell phone bands:

Effects+of+Electrical+Shieldin g+on+GESP+Performance.pdf

The ESP Enigma - Faraday Cage References

There are many links on sightings from the "Classic Age of UFOs".
There are many links on the subject of Faraday Cages, and their
reputed effects on "Psychic Ability"; I'm just writing this
introductory post to get my creative juices flowing and the
conversation started.

Concluding Thoughts
Have you ever wondered why "UFOs" tend to "land" and "appear"
to people out in the middle of nowhere? Well maybe now you
know. (Curse you AT&T and Verizon for your great cell-phone
coverage!).

Have you ever wondered why some of the most remote places
on the planet have had the most amazing "UFO" incidents? Such
as Colores Brazil? Well maybe now you know.

Do I still think that "UFOs" are purely a matter of "paranormal events"
such as psychokinesis and mental illusions in concert? Well these
elements certainly seem to be major components of the very best
"high strangeness" "UFO" encounters.

I'm not saying that there are not other factors or explanations..I
am merely putting forward a possible correlation.

Kevin Pretty Bear
edit on 5-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Formatting

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Fine post Kelly. I to wonder at the spectrum of phenomena. My dramatic sightings and other describable paranormal experiences came when I was much younger. My teens and twenties. I'm now seventy and have had little in the way of mentionable experiences in that time.

You raise a number of interesting points and for me especially the concept of 'woo' and 'high strangeness'. For the UFO thing I used to think it was nuts and bolts as you say, physical objects come to visit. I always thought that this would over time increase into some form of grand 'landing' and alien hellos to the whole world. I no longer do, though it would be lovely.

But more I have come to similar guesses as you brush upon above.

Now I'm not going to argue about "spiritual awareness" in this post; let's just hypothesize
that there is indeed some sort of so-called "woo", based on the laws of physics, that does
occur, for some people, at some times

that does occur, FOR SOME, at SOME TIMES. I now think that it is all part of a spiritual growing process. For some, the masses, just the general UFO interest moves many towards being more open to universal existences while for others for what ever reasons need more for their own personal growth, as I also think that we do not all develop at the same rate or to the same degree.

I too think that all of this fits in with the laws of physics as you suggest. That these types of experiences are not easily come by, that there are certain thresholds that can be breached in certain cases but that the energy it takes to do it might be at a premium, that the veil between this physical world and a world of 'more 'woo' needs to be kept in place to allow this world to function at all. The lifting of that veil needs to be on a 'spiritual needs' basis and I think this is a rare occurrence.

Of course I take all of this into account in relation to my own time line. Back when I was very open to these things, I received what I needed in order to move me along past just a physical sense of reality. But once I had made that step, those experiences were no longer necessary to push me along and that energy, that lifting of the veil was no longer needed.

Your idea is interesting, about cell phones. It would make sense that the ability to breach that veil might be hampered by the frequencies used on cell phones and other kinds of more modern tech. Don't know. But the thought you present is for me worth taking in and letting it swirl around in the back of my head for a while and then see how it might pop up again in the future after my subconscious has mulled it over for a bit.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Interesting topic and many folks wonder why the "exciting" cases have decreased ...

Spielberg Confused by Decrease in UFO Sightings

Spielberg says, "There are millions of video cameras out there and they're picking up less videos of UFOs, alleged UFOs, than we picked up in the 1970s and 1980s. There's 150 per cent more cameras, so why are we getting less from up there?

Link - ufodigest.com...

The point, again, is that the sightings aren’t nearly as exciting as they were forty or fifty years ago, and I have no explanation for that. Maybe it’s all just a matter of perspective.

Link - kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

Probably more to it than just cellphone EMF ...

The Space Debris Story
Link - www.youtube.com...

I'm thinking there's too many cellphone cameras now and too much space-based surveillance and they don't want to be caught on camera ...

UFO caught in photo over Vancouver Island, British Columbia 1981

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have a theory, and it is going to be very hard for a lot of people to hear:

The golden age of UFO's came to an end, just like the golden age of fairies and leprechauns, and before that -- the golden age of angels and demons.

It's not how the world speaks to its animus anymore.

As with the above, there will be some who carry on seeing and interacting with UFO's for a time.

But the rest of the world will move on to a new animus. We probably won't know it until we have seen reports of it, for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It died when more questions then answers started popping up.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The possible correlation between cell phone tower adoption and UFO 'high strangeness' is an interesting one.

I'm not saying that there are not other factors or explanations..I am merely putting forward a possible correlation.

I would be curious if you have given these "other factors or explanations" any contemplation, and what would a thumbnail sketch of those look like? I would assert that the possible correlation between cell phone tower adoption and the alleged drop in UFO high strangeness is a good take at uncovering the variables that constitute the 'error rate'....an error rate which is responsible for high strangeness. Nice post.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

"Woo" is indeed sporadic.

Those who Chase after it destroy themselves.

Others learn an occasional lesson from "It"
As you say, but don't let themselves get destroyed.

I believe that we CAN decipher this mystery at least a little bit.

Only time Wil tell.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The "golden age" died when every human on earth began carrying a phone with a camera and yet NOTHING has been filmed to prove unequivocally that UFOs exist…

Seriously, there are people with cameras on every speck of land on this good earth and nothing indisputable has yet to be recorded…
It is unfathomable to think if we are being visited by UFOs in the conventional sense and they have not been recorded by one of the millions and millions of camera phones…

****Sidenote: It goes without saying that any race capable of interstellar travel has managed to perfect stealth beyond our wildest comprehension…

I know in my heart it when I look up into the stars I am looking at countless inhabited systems with innumerable sentient beings looking back at me…
We homo sapiens are prewired and preprogrammed to seek out what is over the next horizon...
And I do not find these to be coincidence or by chance…
I also don't find it coincidence that our brain has a "governor" on it which makes things such as infinity impossible to fathom…
It's because of these questions that we are driven to seek out other civilizations and why we will ultimately take our place among the stars…

-Christosterone
edit on 5-6-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

As I said in my post "one factor".

But these phenomenon don't come from space.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

Oh also, the "ones" I'm talking about might not appear on ANY camera..they aren't primarily physical at all.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Thanks.

There are lots of other factors I have in mind.
I wanted to focus on just cell towers to begin with to spur further research on that exact topic.

I'd love it if cell tower adoption vs "more classic" encounter rates could be correlated on a per country/region basis.

But I don't have that data.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Supposedly there are thousands of reports still that go unreported, and many of those are by police and especially military people.
A friend of mine who was in the thick of it in Iraq and neighboring country wars saw quite a few UFO's over the battlefields where people were dying. When these craft are seen our troops are ordered to back off and retreat, including air support, but you won't ever hear about this in the news. Stories about this have been leaking out here and there though. To me, the golden age never stopped and is still ongoing, but less and less people who have careers to protect are speaking out since secrecy and denial, and ridicule have increased exponentially as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I would bet that cell phone coverage in the middle of a war-zone in a desert is really bad.
Your example was perfect, thanks.

But that aside.. "classic cases" where people make "physical contact" with the
"effect" and "physical traces" are left behind seem to be way down from the
"classical time period".

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

That's a good point.

In fact, I'm very hopeful that people will stop "materializing" "UFOs" eventually.

But (apparently) the government and other players are pumping us full of this false nuts and bolts "UFO" nonsense, to control the "animus".

The one thing that must not be permitted, is for humans to become individuals again, and to re-connect with "the Other" in a peaceful and creative way.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Nice thread and interesting theory. I think youre on to something here...but in fact, the news runs more stories daily worldwide than ever before. I do believe youre on track with some many cell phones and wifi's out there, everywhere. Mountaintop hikers to underwater divers. We're connect electronically moreso than in the past.

Think of all the cars stopped in a traffic jam, then all the jams worldwide at the same time. And that's just one example of millions of similar and diverse usage of radio microwave and electronic, concentrated communications.

I think our "friends" may be running in a form of "silent mode". We are just too close to picking them up, so theyve moved outward or cloaked better...but I think to a degree...we're on their tail in discovery mode.

And I do believe they are and have been here working with the governments of the world all along. I'll be following your thread here!

Thanks....MS

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks..

Actually this "cell thing" interests me in two different ways;

1) As in the OP, all this non-ionizing radiation is VERY SLIGHTLY affecting our brains.
Not enough to cause harm really.. I'm not one of those wifi sensitivity people.

2) "our invisible friends" SEEM TO BE "sensitive" to EMF for whatever reason.

Now I personally don't find nuts and bolts UFOs credible, but if such were here, the
EMF argument might well apply, yes.

Kev

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Very nice compilation of events. And as always food for thoughts.
Just from my experience and others I've been talking to about "mental woo" voices and other hallucinations seem to flourish more if you're close to strong electro magnetic currents such as power lines etc. while my UFO sighting too was in a remote area on a mountain.
Doesn't that somehow imply we're talking butterflies and bees?

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Cool stuff I heard that as a rumour. Is your source reliable?

I think it was in Vietnam, this (Huffington Post) incident that made the military change their policy from engaging to avoiding.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello Kev,

Interesting theory. I know you've qualified your thoughts by saying

I'm not saying that there are not other factors or explanations..I am merely putting forward a possible correlation.

I would agree that things like the end of the Cold War stopped and our scientific knowledge of the Universe expanding have also contributed to the lack of 'classic' UFO sightings.

Speaking as one who has never really witnessed anything woo woo on a major scale then I don't know from a personal experience if your theory holds any water or not. I was working in Liverpool the day of a a famous 'timeslip' incident. and was less than 200m from where it supposedly occurred. But I ,like the majority of other people, noticed nothing particularly unusual at all.

It suggests to me that these type of strange incidents are something going on in the percipients brain rather than being a physical manifestation that everyone is a witness to. So you may be onto something but it would take a certain amount of data collection to get to the next step. I also suspect that the results would be somewhat contradictory. Mainly because there is, as you rightly say, not just the one cause for UFO sightings and strange experiences.

edit on 5/6/16 by mirageman because: clarification

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I understand. You've got to start somewhere and the data exists to begin with the cell tower correlation. I look forward to what comes of your research and this thread; hopeful that some of those 'other factors' bleed through in the discussion and you receive constructive feedback.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes, indeed.

I do not disagree with your assessment.

What bakes my noodle however, is that if we go with the "only some people see these things
due to a personal difference approach", that doesn't negate the radiation damage, the radar
blips, the "dripping metal", and "landing impressions" which sometimes appear as well..

And I'm not saying that those kind of cases are DIFFERENT. I'm saying they are exactly the
same kind of "mental case" that I'm referring to as "High Strangeness UFOs".

That's what makes high strangeness so STRANGE. They seem to be purely "sensory" and
not physical, but often, at the same time PHYSICAL.

I think this can be solved however.

Kev

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join