It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

But it seems that golden age sightings are much less.. the ones where strange beings in diving suits come up and ask for water from your well for their ship and the like. Or strange 'robots' which seem to waft down like leaves.

now days, people see a light in the sky and scream "UFO!".

There may be more 'sightings', but I think those are 'hysterical sightings' and not 'real sightings'.

It seems that all the good stories are gone now.. and have been for a long time.

What good UFO stories have you heard in the past 25 years?

(don't include skinwalker ranch.. that was an 'operation').

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

In the interests of full disclosure;

this is one of those theories which are probably not falsifiable (impossible to prove) and in fact may be wrong! It's hard to say; there are various competing factors.

For example, I was contacted by a person who has had a lot of woo, and their experience with cell-phones was not the same as mine.

So that could simply mean the theory is wrong.

On the other hand, if the "woo is stronger with them", than with me, then the theory could be correct, but the interence can be compensated for.

I do know, that i I really want to, I can still "do the woo". But it's not easy like when up in the mountains.

My personality has changed.. i don't really want the 'woo'. So I don't try very hard these days.

From a pure 'woo standpoint', some folks are like typhoid mary's of woo. I call them "infested",
as in my view, potent little lifeforms are living in them; so they "bring their woo with them" and
would be mostly immune to EMF.

But your average person whatever that means, probably isn't infested on this scale.

There is also my original theory (which I've not stopped researching or thinking has validity),
which says that we share this planet with dark,cold,plasma creatures, possibly an advanced
civilization of them, and it would seem to me, given "their" behavior, that they are adverse
to too much EMF as well.. so the cell phone adoption curve would indicate the ending of
the "golden age" due to "causing the plasma cryptids discomfort.. so they tend to stay
away from areas with much EMF.. just like they seem to not come out until the sun
starts to go down.. you can see this strong correlation quite easily in reports.

So as I said.. it's basically impossible to 'prove' this theory.. but that said, the timing
on a big increase on local EMF and the drop-off of the "golden age" seems pretty interesting to me!

Kev
edit on 6-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Added one paragraph.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Here's a little woo.
I saw a strawberry flavour Chupa Chups lollypop in a box at the shop and it literally spoke to me! Only 20p!
Off topic, sort of, but I hope you see the relevance. I have a feeling I'm in for a delicious evening.
Who loves ya baby?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As an eyewitness of the Phoenix lights I have to say that was the end of the Golden Age. I thought later on I wish I had an IPhone. How they ridiculed individuals after the sighting. Launched flares to confuse the public I knew from that point on no evidence from a phone video eyewitness etc would prove anything. We are on a need to know basis only. A massive object over a major metropolitan is seen by thousands and flies over Sky Harbor airport, all we get is a governor laughing about it in the press. The governor 10 years later admits he thought it was a real threat. It just seemed like the UFO phenomenon ended after that.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Take this as a compliment:

You are WEIRD!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

a reply to: mirageman How did scientific knowledge of the expansion of the universe contribute to a lack of UFO sightings?

What I mean by that is once we collectively realized that human life could not be sustained on any planet in the solar system the stories of humanoids from Venus or Saturn bringing us messages of peace etc. soon died down. That and the fact that better telescopes, aerial detection systems and even things like personal technology have improved our understanding of celestial objects. All those dashboard cameras in Russia a few years ago helped us piece together the path of a the Chelyabinsk meteorite. I dare so that 50 years ago that would have been reported by a few people as a UFO.

Then we have the internet. Things can explained a lot faster when information is available at your fingertips.

Now I've explained that let's get back to the Scooby Dooby Woo!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I see..

People still believe in life on these planets though. They live on other planes or "densities" according to these people. This is interesting because this is a perspective that Buddhism has shared for quite a while. I find that really interesting.

Scooby Dooby Woo is a part of my daily life.. I love that..

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

It kind of like the Dave and (what's his name) ended all the conversation on crop circles.

I've said it before, the fact that we have craft that for every aspect appears to be a nuts+bolts UFO (gravity is not a problem, it uses cavitation to quietly scoot through the atmosphere, can go from earth to orbit, etc) running around chasing off uninvited guests (the ones we have a common or shared interest in are allowed, it seems, but in very, hush-hush places) puts a limit on what is seen. Now all we see are pin-point lights zipping around or the occasional orange orb. The black triangles seem to be policing the sky.

Why I got to see one is (IMHO) a psy-op to see how long it takes for this stuff to get out and where it goes. I have not shared (prolly wont for a while) the entire sighting precisely because I enjoy our air superiority. The tech is super sweet after the initial shock of "OMFG We HAVE one!" wears off (about 10 seconds in my case).
=========
KPB, I like the idea of cell phones/towers. We are drowning in EMF down here. I wonder what long term non-exposure to all this electric soups does?

Talking lollipops! Now that would be something to see/hear! It would be my Jack Nicolson moment, (Pauses. Then starts to grin and nod. Bites bottom lip with a maniacal glean to his eyes).

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The "BTUFO" as you say APPEAR to be nuts and bolts craft I grant you that.

But they probably aren't made of matter at all. I have very good reasons for positing that.

Now...why the BTUFO initial form is so prominent bakes my noodle. I'm missing something. And it's not black ops human made triangles.

The ONLY way they could be "ours" is If we have tech which can do the following:

1) constantly read all human minds, awake or asleep
2) able to telepathically "send" AND re-write individual memories.
3) materialize and dematerialize at will
4) shape-change perfectly at will
5) spin off autonomous parts of itself and rejoin with them.
6) paralyze humans
7) Be selectively invisible down to the 1 person basis
8) Knows possible futures with 100% accuracy
9) has been around for hundreds or thousands of years.

That's a PARTIAL list.

I don't believe that they are "ours"--as an understatement.

I don't believe they are from outer space either.

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I do not subscribe to "he who shall not be named"'s story. Not most of it. BBTs exist. Some of the things they can do is pretty impressive. They can be invisible. And it can be selective who sees and who does not. There is some kind of "active" camouflage that does this. There might even be some psychic things to mess with your head (guessing here. No proof either. But it seems that the stories vary. And the reports are "I saw it. The person right next to me did not" or "I saw it but did not remember seeing it until later". And that means some kind of interference in thought processing. And that is more scary to me than being probed by some grey being with huge alien bug eyes!). Why would a BBT try to mimic an airplane's lights if it was truly alien (IMO an alien would not care)? That makes me think, "Human tech," because that is what this craft demonstrated (demon-straight-ed, hehe).

Did anybody say anything about the red light in the center? I had an idea. It is an anchor! Any other placement allows twirling. What better place to put one?

Some are not ours either. That is why we have reports going back hundreds of years. Could be a plasma being. But there are (taps desk) real, material, craft too that seem to be human piloted. One day (please be soon!) they should be public knowledge. Until then, just some crazy internet story repeated by crazy internet people who believe in the Berenstein Bears! (See, easy to write off! No control loops or brains interfered with or witch hunts...)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I agree with you. It was probably our own craft over Phoenix that night and wanted to test our reaction. The government likes disinformation and that night would have easily been explained by Sky harbor radar which they chose to hold back on. The UFO question ended for me that night. When I saw it my gut said something more conventional than other worldly. I was more upset with the whole manipulation of facts after the sighting.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The one I interacted with for 45 seconds had a super bright arc-light in the center and 3 dimly glowing red lights on the 3 vertices.

After about 15 seconds it changed into a Stargate SG1 mothership, then a Borg Cube, then another ship from Star Trek TNG.

Then back to a BTUFO.

It may or may not have giggled part way through.

I certainly HOPE this one wasn't "one of ours".

Those pilots should stop tripping on '___' in that case.

Besides I have 100% personal evidence it wasn't made of matter or one of ours---but it's subjective.

Kev
edit on 6-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If there really is such a thing as a greater sensitivity in some people of what are essentially "weaknesses and incursions into our reality by others," then one thing that could be a factor in the decrease in high-strangeness UFO reports is that there are just too damned many people in the world these days imposing their boring, normal reality on things.

On days when I'm not wearing my skeptibunker hat so tightly, I tend to think that reality is somehow more strongly defined or solidified by having more people around. Our realities overlap and reinforce each other. That's why so many "real" UFO encounters seem to happen when people are relatively isolated. Reality weakens and gets more porous, allowing for easier interaction with those other realities.

Just a thought. Until we figure out for real that people communicate with each other in a non-electromagnetic extrasensory grid of some kind, it's all just just fantasy.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That view of humans as portable reality generators gibes with a slew of phenomena... most high strangeness happens when alone or with folks close to you, meaning they share aspects of one's reality maps.

Then there are the sightings of odd aircraft when crowds see them, a la the Phoenix Lights, or the large white cylinder I saw over Tucson that same year, and for those, I'd guess human black tech (whether or not ol' anathema astr0 was legit).

It's a large universe, regardless, and plenty of room for exotic critters, rare passing travelers and nuts n' bolts black tech.

Though the largeness of the universe (or multiverses) argues against so many passers by, leaving indigenous exotic critters and black tech as the likely source for the bulk of experiences... which is just a view subject to modification as better data comes. This subject begs a certain amount of uncertainty.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You and I often bump heads.

But that was a good response.

I concur.

We are all of us at the starting line still for a lot of this crazy stuff.

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree.

JV and I discussed what came first, the critter which was reverse engineered, or the tech which some critters playfully copy for a good laugh.

I personally can't say for sure...unless its ALL critters, which is still possible. I'm not terribly excited about our current black tech level.

But who knows?

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't give up on your theory KPB.

In thinking on this my gut reaction is in looking for woo, the surest way to scare some up is in a location with naturally occurring EMF.

However you are talking man-made EMF which is different.

I will use as evidence Keith Basso's book "Wisdom sits in Places" A both dissertation and collaboration with the White Mountain Apache in documenting Places and their functions. Quickly, each place has woo functions specifically and are used by the Nation as learning tools.
www.unmpress.com...

I have surmised there are different kinds of woo-entities and while one type of EMF draws them another may repel them.

Also the framework of interaction seems to play a important part.

During what was the Golden Age, screening imagery was used based on humans mental maps. So Diver Suits and Robots. Now with the explosion of sy-fi and anime' and CGI the pool of imagery is limitless.

Back to the framework of interaction. Indigenous cultures used specific frameworks. This has been romanticized beyond the pale, but in it's original form it never occurred to me there wasn't a darn good reason for this. It protects int interact-ee from random wild woo.

What we are seeing now is everyone getting into this without specific protocols and any sort of learning associated with it. So the reports we are receiving will of course be all over the map. Because each human is individual as is their imagery it's going to be difficult to nail down patterns to even begin to pull any data together.

Factor in possible multiple types of entities dependent on different types of EMF and "Place" and you have a virtual free-for-all which is exactly what we are seeing.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That's a very nice post there partner!

Keep up the good work!

I have a few more things to think about.

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It does seem to have the trappings of fashion about it as well, the "Woo back in the day" when a deep trance medium would conjure fairies, and levitate. To the Zamora incident , which was like the front page of a Sci.Fi Magazine. Or even Rendlesham where the G.P's topping Obelisk itself did a turn. Does the machine get fed, and then at some random time and date generate an incident, in " real time and space". It sounds like theirs something like this going on.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Don't know about machines but I've kind of looked at this kind of "woo energy" as being like a bubbling mass of lava or something quite unstable and active.
Every now and then there's a build up of pressure due to....?conditions? And POP!

Someone gets a little dose of woo and the area calms down again.
Think volcano!
When you look at the activity on the surface of the sun, that's what I think this layer of weirdness is like.
Bubbling away all the time and we don't see all that. Just the eruptions that break through to our reality.

The Chupa Chupa was splendid! Strawberry and cream, as it turned out.

Weird is most definitely a compliment .

I also respond well to Freak.
But you have to say it in a deep Frank Zappa voice while wiggling your eyebrows up and down REALLY fast!

edit on 7-6-2016 by Tulpa because: and again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join