It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal man

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hello, i wish you are all enjoying life and are happy,

i moved recently to a new location, where i am living mostly alone and very close to nature and a lot of wild cats..but not the dangerous kind.

so i am very lucky and happy that i can use this change, to further my spiritual development and i will start to practice instead of sleep at night as i would like to sleep less and practice ..from sunset to sunrise eventually.

since i feel there were people in this thread that can do or are doing that, i am writing this if you have any tips or advice for a newbie like me

For instance how to deal with pain while sitting still for a longer period? do i relax the legs or not?
how to deal with sleepiness?

or if you have any other advices or tips which you think i should be aware of, please share.
edit on 1474018018926September269263016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm very much skeptical that you or anyone else here is physically immortal. It's a nice dream and the counting of time might have something to do with it, but I don't think physical immortality comes without a certain way of being-with-Others.

For that matter, you seem to be also believing in a non-evolving universe. Yes? How persay does one live immortally without a physical planet (and the history which we know this planet records) to facilitate that physical existence?

Seems like you're getting carried away in your imagination.

As for point numero 3, that may be true.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Hes a very imaginative mind overly sure with what he writes.

If I could, I'd like to watch him "not die" and live immortally.

Seems like a dull existence though.

Is he, perhaps, St. Germain of new-age legend? Living forever and ever because he "does not believe in time"?

BTW, doesn't time exist to mediate our relations with one another? What fun is it existing without schedules of when and where to meet? You deprive yourself of the coolest parts (to me) of existing in this World.

But again, even from an objective, scientific standpoint (I'd be interested to know his relaxed retort to this!) the Universe and this planet did not always exist: ergo, physical existence is never, and can never be, endlessly continuous.

If he acknowledges this point, will he adjust his blinders, or will I be informed about the "alchemical" or "rosicrucian" secret to living in a physical body forever? To 121 (as far as we can tell, that's the oldest living Human) don't get me wrong, following natures guidance and patterns will most definitely help you live long and happy - just not forever.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
hey Astrocyte i would like to write about my view, since i have read a few threads from you and you got me thinking...now is maybe time to return the favour

there is relative and absolute view or truth.

now let's assume, that time and space in absolute is only an illusion and if a person develops his soul to realize absolute view...such person realize timelessness.
now consider for a moment how such person views moment by moment... would it be not as eternity?

well this is maybe a bit hard to process but non duality is true nature of reality which has been discovered again and again since ancient times by people who had devoted their life to purity of body, mind, soul...alchemist are but one branch, but there are many in religions throughout time which realized ultimate nature in my opinion.

the body and your ego self are a very tiny part of a way larger puzzle to the question of immortality.

the question you should ask is in my opinion,
who/what am i and how can i realize my full potential in this life?
edit on 1474045039957September579573016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

now is maybe time to return the favour

I do have a bad habit of ignoring other posters here. Ok,

now consider for a moment how such person views moment by moment... would it be not as eternity?

Sure, subjectively speaking. But there is a physical world within which such a person is situated. Does your experience obviate the reality of the Natural world around you? I would say "no".

well this is maybe a bit hard to process but non duality is true nature of reality

Maybe at root, but you still depend on an oxygenated atmosphere on a physical planet to survive.

If floating is indeed real, why not float upwards and outside the ionosphere into space, and see what happens?

If you're a physically existing creature i.e. with a body, a brain, a heart - you rely upon these "energies" and the environments to which they're energetically bound.

who/what am i and how can i realize my full potential in this life?

Thanks for the concern! But I already have a sense of all that. Ever read Viktor Frankl - the Austrian psychologist?

Besides Frankl and his profound existentialist musings, if you're happy doing what you're doing, and I'm happy doing what I'm doing, no need to make suggestions to the Other about things that seem more relevant to our own experience (i.e. to recognize when you're projecting your needs onto Others)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

eh no.. you did not ignore me...i was just reading some of your threads and contemplating about them sometimes, it was meant as a compliment.

thanks for the suggestion i will check him out.

and i would say "Yes" to your question as waking reality is also a dream from absolute view - from view of our true Self!
Siddhis are well recorded and observed after all...and there are practices available to achieve them but i would not recommend to follow such a path in my personal opinion because it is still only playing in illusion.
which would make our body a tool for a development of the soul with direct experiences through practice to realize our true Self...

i was just saying that last part, to point out that physical immortality may be just an illusion made by our senses...are we more than our senses or not?
to get your mind flowing around such question was my intent... well or it was projection, who knows..

Well i will leave it at that and have a nice day, sir.

edit on 1474049474911September119113016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

You exist simply because you...."CANNOT".... "NOT".... exist....
When you "die" your consciousness energy simply falls back into the electromagnetic field of consciousness energy....

Until....
Your frequency is matched once again.

Immortal.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

To cut to the chase ... I can only state my own belief that the soul itself is immortal / Eternal
The body is mortal

But to write how and why I believe what i believe would be fruitless to others
Simply because I also believe we get our own mental verification and each has their own unique path/way

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

For me, I sort of like the idea of being at one with everything else.

If its distressing for you to live and be, you may be inclined differently than myself.

I feel this existence - this world - is a gift of Gods, and the Human being an emergent property of the Earths ecology.

Why seek to escape this? Why not trust the intention of the supreme God who created us?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Not sure about physical immortality I'd love it,, first you'd need to overcome physical threats (car crashes etc)..Then overcome (environmental disasters) and viruses/pandemics, the list goes on and on...After that you would have to live to an age that surpasses the oldest (human) person in history by 30-40 years and look the same...Then your in the ball park of physical immortality.

I've read Martin Ettington's book called (Commentaries of living immortals) and it was good, strange but the writer was brilliant and spot on history concerning Gods/physics/multiple universes etc....Give it a read.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All things change that's the secret of alchemy immortal man is sort of fallacious to say as when life becomes no different than life in equanimity then man ceases to be man.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

i think we are all differently inclined as this is the magic of life and its creative power of unique expression, gods or other beings included. So as far as i am concerned your message is perfect and i respect it...even if i don't agree with it.

what if gods may even have their own problems and solutions and are in the same boat as we, still trapped in cycles of life and death of samsara...searching for happiness and living with desires, so i think my view of gods is a bit different than yours and i don't worship or pray to any god but i have respect and compassion for them as i have for any other beings.

you may see this as an escape but i view it as coming back to eternal home after many many life times and many experiences and learnings as a soul.
But even a soul has expiration date as everything else - it is a natural process, a process of distillation and purity. No one is special but everyone is a bit unique and i enjoy and develop my own uniqueness in my own ways as i feel is a good fit for me, just like you or others - developing and maturing in our own ways.

but i feel like i should not talk about it too much because in reality i don't know anything as i only observe and make assumptions for now.
Which means this or other my posts could be viewed as my best guess based on contemplation and practice...no strings attached because my own views are changing with new realizations and developments.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join