It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal man

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

(:

Just thinking of when children how quickly we want time to pass, and when we have children how slowly we want time to pass.

The rush to be an adult and the rush to be a child tripping over each other :p

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
hello my dear fellow peacemakers, can i just trouble you a bit and ask away please because i am very interested in your advice ...

i am noticing in myself that, that with more clarity in my mind, there comes a time when i realized that monkey aspect of my mind is getting very noticeable and not stronger, but more specialized...which is causing me to swing in and off balance every day...

Well i even had a dream quite a long time ago, where a met with a giant gorilla...it was like from a king kong movie scene. I climbed on top of some high building with some other person who i don't remember at this moment who he or she was... anyway, when we made it to the roof, we saw a big giant gorilla across on other also as heigh building...like a skyscraper.

Also if i remember correctly, i was not afraid or at least it certainly was not causing within me a lot of fear...well at least this is as far as i can remember, it is a dream i had long ago, but in recent times in poped in my mind again...and i know that monkey aspect is one symbol for our strings and attachments of desires...

so the question is how to deal with this in a loving accepting manner, how can i purify and convert desires with ease and not with fighting as i have been doing internally for quite a while...so how to enjoy purity and innocence again?

this weekend i decided to go on a retreat for a day in a wood cabin to meditate...i will practice open eyes meditation as suggested already in this thread and also others - if anyone has maybe advice for me about how or what to practice to make friends with my monkeys and other aspects of my mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

monkey aspect is one symbol for our strings and attachments of desires...

the monkeys get bored quickly

a simple repetitive task starves them of your attention

i sat in a cabin for 7 years meditating
but if you can meditate in a crowded street
then nothing will turn your focus

so how to enjoy purity and innocence again?

when the mind stops completely

edit on 29-7-2016 by kibric because: BigBrotherDarkness has me dancing

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'll tell you the same thing my abbot whom I refer to as Big Toe told me when I had similar several years ago...

He smiled deeply with a huge child like grin grabbed both his big toes folded under him in his robe and started rocking back and forth shaking his head from side to side saying:

"Impermanence, Impermanence, Impermanence"

A light went off or turned on I dunno... but, this is when I awoke very deeply into the nature of impermanence, one of the very first concepts that I intellectually grasped and understood but did not penetrate into as actual experience until then... even though it is occurring in a manner thats incalculable at every single moment always making it no difference than permanence itself.

So why be concerned about grasping or letting go? Thought like clouds come and go, enjoy getting lost in the fog, in the clouds, in perfect stillness or whatever it is arising as it's arising.

No need to keep torturing yourself unless you like too... remember? We are already enlightened, stop covering yourself up with a cover not oneself.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
all answers are very helpful, thank you both!

okey, here is another a bit weird issue i am curious about.
any advice maybe on how to breath naturally, this may sounds funny or even a bit on the wacky side? hah...during walking when i practice i seem to not know how to breath naturally. There sometimes seems to be some tension in the abdomen...and if not there...somewhere else.

This would also maybe tie with impermanence because my focus while walking is jumping from sense to sense...always seems like focusing on something...never ceasing.
Grasping .. letting go..in loop.

how to walk and meditate naturally?
just being...not concerned with breath or other sensations or phenomena that arises in my mind.

maybe any tips on that, how should i focus or cease to focus?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You are in your upper dan tian for balance, which is putting you energy center in the center of your stomach chakra and radiating up from there instead of in the lower dan tian which is the root chakra which well makes you feel rooted as where thats where the source of all energy flows from the base or root of the spine.

Place your balance and awareness firmly at the base of the spine when walking sitting doing whatever, eventually it will become natural... the energy flows up and over the head in many nadis or nodes. Also slow down walking meditation should progress off the cushion at almost like playing statues small slow deliberate steps...

When a friend and I visited my monastery for the first time, I noticed Big Toe doing walking meditation my friend and i were leaning over the railing looking in the same direction... and I stopped talking to not disturb his walking, so we stood there Big Toe not 10 feet away walked right passed us...

I said want to walk the path that monk just finished walking? He said who are you talking about... I didn't see anyone?

I said how did you not see the monk a moment ago not even 10 feet away?

He said no monk or anyone was there.

I swear this could be a flag moving or mind moving moment because in the end we both were correct.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Working along the primes that nature produces infinite diversity in infinite combinations someone or animal is bound to be born Immortal at some point.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Zero is not a prime but it's a primer from whence anything can launch out of it, or fill it... a place holder for empty space. But also a worm hole of sorts that little space between everything with a synonym called possibility and an antonym that says sorry the vacancy has been filled.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some alchemical stuff

Ancient Egyptians and Electrum

Electrum was important to Egyptian royalty

Queen Hatshepsut
" Concerning the two great oblekisks which my majesty
has had covered with electrum for my father Amun , " - Tutankhamen: Life and Death of a Pharaoh
by Christiane Desroches-Noblecourt

en.wikipedia.org...

www.reshafim.org.il...

The Phoenix is important in alchemy

a symbol of the rising and setting sun

The mercurial bird in alchemy

"The Phoenix completes this process of soul development. The Phoenix bird builds its nest which at the same time is its funeral pyre, and then setting it alight cremates itself. But it arises anew from the ashes transformed "
www.levity.com...

“This accords with the report of Orus Apollo the Niliac in his
Hieroglyphics, where he contends that the bird, Phoenix, after five hundred years of life, its death thus being near at hand, returns to Egypt,and should it return too soon for this end, is taken mystic care of by the Egyptians, and all that they offer other sacred animals, that too they accord the Phoenix.
The Phoenix rejoices greatly in the Sun, and especially in Egypt, for it burns there most ardently.
Here one should note that the Phoenix is said to be cared for mystically
by the Egyptians and that it contains within itself the characteristics of all hieroglyphic animals, because they arise from it as consecrate to the Sun”

" Phoenix having given its father sepulture on the Altar of the Sun , it was feared that the ashes would be distributed to them whereby a epoch would arise where the regeneration of the royal succession would become enfeebled. It is thus that the Greeks stigmatised the cruelty of Busiris in the well–known histories, owning that he immolated foreigners to Jupiter, whereas he was in reality king and philosopher in one, and well versed in such arcana, although it is true that he would not suffer foreigners to have access to his realms for certain and sufficient reason, and because the Egyptians were most certainly in no need of either their goods or merchandise "

“It could not be more certain that what the Egyptians understood by the bird Phœnix was the tincturing of gold, and that never, either at the time of Tacitus, before it, or after, with the exception of the time of Morienus"

www.academia.edu...

The origin of the Phoenix could come from Electrum.
"Its colour ranges from pale to bright yellow, depending on the proportions of gold and silver."

" Alchemical truths hidden by such allegory "
Colours are important in the alchemical process
The green lion could be compared to " the green gold " Electrum

Mining mountains
www.utdallas.edu...
books.google.co.uk...

You could even go so far as to compare the different gods
to stages in the alchemical process, if they were using Electrum.
" The sun god, Ra, was often referred to as a mountain of gold "
en.wikipedia.org...
books.google.co.uk... #v=onepage&q=mountain%20of%20gold%20egypt&f=false

"Khepri was the morning sun, Ra was the midday sun, and Atum was the sun in the evening "
en.wikipedia.org...

Could Electrum and the Phoenix
have deeper connection to the gods of ancient Egypt ?

" The same word was also used for the substance amber, probably because of the pale yellow color of certain varieties, and it is from the electrostatic properties of amber that the modern English words "electron" and "electricity" derive."

comstockgold.blogspot.co.uk...

edit on 29-7-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Cracking that egg or bursting forth from that seed pod... pissed off wanting to slap every spiritual teacher you've ever had across the face. Well at first at least... then it's just that cosmic joke, where comedy and tragedy are one and the same, where so many enslave and take advantage instead of use that time to set free and purge.

Easy to keep wanting to consume anything and everyone in those flames... harder to subdue unless giving ride to compassion and having empathy for all others lost in the same darkness or egg as you once were.

Went those deep roots form the monkeys flinging poo from all the grasping are no longer a nuisance because their ignorance always proceeds them it was here before they were born and will be here one less after they pass.

I don't know how long it will take how many world bubbles must pop in this end of Kali Yuga but it's making great strides towards better choke weeds are no longer choking many people, flowers are blooming all the time, water rising to rinse and renew... and people being kept ignorant for more profit and dollars. Islands sinking in the tides and it goes un-reported.

But this is just how it goes, the earth rises as a phoenix itself and as George Carlin said shakes us off like a bad case of fleas, only she decides who stays and who goes.

Making peace is as easy as making lies... futility to hide from truth as an adult, it is always seen it never goes un-noticed not like people in ignorance will lose anything they'll still incarnate into the forms fitting for their character just like always... yet reborn into or directly into the awakened state if they hit human form again, those not taking to task now? Well, the mirror will shine them the form they most resemble in this human form in their deeds and actions, run and hide and scurry from the light of truth cockroaches do that... they help decay dead wood so they aren't a pest, the pestilence is what we bring on ourselves in such a dark age of time.

It gets better... a lot of energies see to it so very many many more than those ignorantly ushering in it's demise in their own chosen ignorance. Unawareness that it keeps being constantly recreated as the re-iterations work themselves out into balance and soon their heart will weigh against a feather.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Continued -

Could Electrum and the Phoenix
have deeper connections to the gods of ancient Egypt ?

here are a few interesting links about obelisks

dennisklocek.com...

www.dowsingresearch.org...

www.ucl.ac.uk...

sacredsites.com...

obelisks.blogspot.co.uk...

www.egipto.com...
" I´m seating in the palace and I remembered who create me, my heart
order me that I must construct two obelisk of electrum "

their heart will weigh against a feather
a reply to: kibric - BigBrotherDarkness

books.google.co.uk... l=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwif5sP7_5nOAhWCMBoKHZrABOcQ6AEIQTAH#v=onepage&q=feathers%20electrostatic&f=false

www.egyptianmyths.net...

edit on 29-7-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is possible that such a concept as human being infinite has something to do with understanding the Present as a Surface.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i hope it does not get old saying this, but thank you kibric and bbd for sharing so much, your latest post are noticed & appreciated!

i returned a bit sooner from short retreat due to some unexpected surprises with other guests and their work, because it is a shared cabin between two families... but will probably return there again to spend the night tonight.

i have discovered the beauty of meditation with open eyes in the night, thanks to advices and today my eyes feels very confident, knowing there is nothing there in the dark...other than my mind that sees without seeing.

light tears were flowing down like i had two small waterfalls and it felt really good.

there is still this thing with two obelisks, maybe tonight i try figure that one out...one from below and other from above, connected by pure loving heart in the middle. maybe..?

did not yet check the links, but i will...
edit on 1469870399719July197193116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
sorry if this has been mentioned but i did not scan every page. there is a romanian legend about a man that lived for 14,000 years. his name was krim ruso. i became fascinated with this but can not find much information at all about him.

mythology.wikia.com...

when i google the name the second link that comes up is a thread i started here 2 years ago asking for info but never gained any traction.

anyway, if you can dig up info it sounds like a cool story

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There are some implications as to the Count of St. Germain being immortal or attaining a form of immortality by way of use of the philosophers stone.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.alchemylab.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sorry to have gotten esoteric in things that have arisen in the conscious mind during meditation they are no different than thoughts themselves when taken as reality... they can delude and bring suffering just the same.

I suppose to be honest is why such was kept or held as a secret and there was no way to relate such a thing, unless turning it into a creative story around a campfire to entertain.

Yet... it is an experience just the same.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm almost in tears reading your love for various practices... there are a lot of them out there.

Guess how many hells and heavens there are? As many as you know. :p Sometimes ignorance leads to an easier bliss when it comes time to experience any of those.

p.s. it's why I wanted to assault so many spiritual people... if they didn't birth the concept that hell wouldn't have arisen in the mind... looking at it now?

I suppose we are all guilty of such and perpetuating it until we know better but hey... the less you know.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

hm...ignorance seems to be good in case of not expecting - what i don't know i cannot expect and more i read about spirituality i learned that more expectations arises even though that is opposite direction of cleaning and emptying the house.

i guess it is like standing on ice. with more knowledge ice can get thinner but after a while it can grow wider, when only using intellect it gets harder to put a stop to playing with thoughts and put more effort into practice and break the ice and drop into the ocean, away from playwords.

although, i feel that there was some direct experiences how it is when house is clean and even some kind of first bliss experience a few times aka. the kiss, but it was as you say; when it came, my mind was buzzed and new thoughts came by and i got distracted and it all went as fast as it came... i take it this should be considered as progress and i am hyped.

how to balance studying, practice, work and living...while progressing towards yin yang balance seems like a million dollar question being that self perpetuation is the cause of suffering and only pointing to my ignorance and lack of understanding.
and at the same time, it is also a bit tricky to answer when i am not after playwords but self and non self wisdom.

it seems everything is leading to the point that all life is practice and learning from the inner and outer mirror, carefully observing my mind all the time, learn to be mindful and cleaning out any conditioning.
Therefore i enjoy experiencing new meditation practices and i wish someday to put it to good use for benefit of any other beings.

edit on 1469963587713July137133116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, when all the words are distilled out, it's just energy and matter neither ever are created or destroyed just manipulated... meaning everything is 100% natural even what is called created or man made... energy inspired by matter.

Don't put your energy there and where's the matter? If it seems to matter when you place it there... there can arise bias.

That bias is only belief of concept, proof of concept is what we term reality. 6.5 plus billion people 6.5 billion different realities.

Yet one base reality matter and energy in contact with form. Separated into the 6 consciousnesses.

We all have our own bias to each consciousness, causing a differentiation of experience. Sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. With a consciousness attached called mind but all the perceptions arising and passing in the 6th are the bias to the other 5 of the senses.

Attaching to the bias of form... there arises a discriminating bias of sight... this is good this is better, this is ugly this is beautiful etc etc. a personal bias of opinion that only matters to the ego that carries it as real and permanent when it is just an illusion as a self... in such a manner we are not one at all we are a multitude.

When we enter the all pervasive space of void? We are no different than the entire universe in consciousness that matter and energy without perception of any form just pure consciousness.

So when our senses return to form the biases continue until with further practice and dispelling ignorance does equanimity finally arise...and then bias ends. Sure there's personal preference but that does not mean it needs to lead to hate, greed or bias of negativity that harms others.

Ones consciousness will be haunted by their own bias and discrimination allowing no rest or clarity of being itself.

Dwelling in pure awareness simply means the absence of bias, an empathy that wants to help and bring peace and happiness that ends all suffering as ones own has already expired... each moment can be one of awe of creativity of enjoyment. Instead of senseless pain and suffering in only trying to help oneself achieve what makes them happy and them alone.

That entire battle needs nothing, needs no money, zero zip nada. If you can't sit and make peace within your own mind, then ones mind will not make peace in the world... one can try to use their peace of mind to make peace in the world and the world and ones own life gets better... focus on just the world and it gets even better for the world once selfishness ends.

It's not an easy path renouncing all grasping after selfishness but it depends on how much one cherishes freedom... to free all others one must free themselves first as each and every person holds others hostage to their own ignorance and chosen bias.

It can be different but it takes effort, and when the duality ends living actually starts. As it is the very base of reality itself... once experienced it can't be unexperienced.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean others attachments end... as it takes individual effort to free oneself, then all one can do is point and hope it is as simple as one possibly can. Many times that means not saying anything.

But at the root of every single thing? Energy and matter... we are both and it can never be created or destroyed nature makes recombinations on it's own, and so do we. That's the force in nature some want to create destruction when it happens on it's own in nature... most of the time it's simply due to chosen ignorance that is taught and perpetuated.

Not all of the conceptual is a destructive thing and not all of it is a creative thing... it is life and the attachment of bias and ignorance leads to death and unawareness of being.

Our human history of bias and greed and hate and destruction of each other is very apparent... it is an unfortunate scar on the face of humanity itself and perpetuation of dragging such things forward has not done us any favors as a species.

It can be a catalyst for growth and understanding, but when theres misunderstanding or a difference of opinion and not hey that's cool if we weren't meant to be an individual consciousness to experience the world we wouldn't be conscious of form, we would just be the conglomerate like everything else... yet, we can transcend that and yet still have form. Then work as an agent of peace and creativity than spreading pain and suffering.

In the dualistic world however... that has evolved us up to where we are the knowledge of what works and what doesn't has been a long and difficult road. It continues to evolve from adapting to adversity that doesn't mean we need an adversary... the adversity could be sitting there contemplating something for some creative inspiration.

None of which is destructive unless we take it as an inalienable truth and shun all other truth and harm each other individually or in groups to such chosen biases of preference instead of hey to each their own... yet the individual is autonomous when in form... it is the responsibility of society to move forward in progress in understanding not regress into destruction out of our own ignorance... yet it happens and life will yet again arise like a phoenix from it's ashes... the world or individually this is freedom and as the Historical Buddha stated that's it's one taste freedom.

Holding each other hostage from the state of pure awareness is slavery not freedom.

I wish everyone peace and happiness.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

excellent post, very rich in insight. It is really precious text for clearer understanding of the relative View.

"It's not an easy path renouncing all grasping after selfishness but it depends on how much one cherishes freedom... to free all others one must free themselves first as each and every person holds others hostage to their own ignorance and chosen bias. "

this is seems like a problem for me, putting the mind into right attitude to renounce samsara. This is a tricky thing to do, without clear understanding of the View.

What are senses and what is outside world; how are they related is crucial to know when i try to renounce, if i want to really get it done in my opinion. well...at least in my mind i have been all over again and again around renunciation and what it means, for about a year now (talk about stubborn mind huh :p )...but the next day i find myself doing exactly the same thing...anyway.

and it is getting old and very bothersome, i am tired of this part of my mind. And i also realize clearly bit by bit, what part of me is causing me to do... whatever i do, being stuck in a loop.

really, i think i could write a book about perpetuation and postponing things for dummies : )

but i have realized that there is fear/stress, which is getting recognized in me lately and probably the biggest reason that is holding me back due to some reason connected with work... This and impatience.

On a good note, recently, there is a push i have been feeling from all around on many levels and i think my mental obstacles are getting sorted out. This thread is one way of pushing which has been very helpful for my understanding and also in meditation there are very interesting new developments, since i have been in the cabin...

so that takes care of the impatience part, because i am really starting to enjoy meditations more and more, doing nothing, going nowhere...finally started to make sense, how to practice naturally non meditation : )

well, and how to make peace with fear?
i feel the cause of my fear are bad expectations - result of actions aka. my business project, which are delusions about future, because future is a mystery and present is a gift and all that : )... and lack of self confidence and crushed even more with much nonsense i said to clients due to a lot of postponing on my part due to fear. vicious circle.

It seems that with correct view i can address fear as an emotion caused by my wrong actions in this case, therefore this emotion is a pointer, not something to run away from like i used to, but recognize the cause and stop perpetuating it further and stop running or postponing, but accept fear use it as fuel and it will transform.

karma and impermanence.

i am very sorry to bother you all with this, totally not related with alchemy...hah...well it is part of inner alchemy in some of us when we have some fear or stress making us to postpone something or hold us back somehow.
but it is part of personal issues and a waste of others time. although it helps me to write sometimes this stuff down, because i get different ideas while writing and maybe others in here have also spiritual advice about dealing with subtle emotions or how to discover them, because this was creeping behind me like a shadow...very unnoticed for a long time.

thanks for reading, if anyone did and if not, it is cool also... :p

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join