It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bay Area Resident Explains Why She's Anti-Trump then has a *drop mic* moment...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So, I'm not going to give away the finale to this 60 second expose' in to what could possibly be a much larger issue facing America and the 2016 race to the White House.
Irrespective of your political affiliation, if you're an American citizen I'd be most interested to hear what you have to say about this persons last comment, if I'm not mistaken, she just gave Trump a silver bullet to put in his immigration policy belt.

Q: Is it a legal requirement to show Identification when you go to vote in November?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

She said she is not voting. That crosses off people saying non citizens will vote. She just gave her opinion- to people wandering with a mic asking questions- which is similar to many others. I am not following your point. This is an odd post for you.

The question about ID you asked: depends on where. Look it up.
edit on 2-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

No one knows why she is here, she seems like a student, probably on a student visa?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Her last statement was I'm not voting because I am not a citizen. I see no problem here.

link   
Voting I.D. varies from state to state,

Most states have some sort of "I.D. requirement": Voter identification laws by state

Site seems to be up to date.

I am in Texas and it is fairly well regulated; that said it is far to loose of a process.
Personally I know of a few persons that have historically floated from precinct to precinct and voted numerous times, I do not hear much about that sort of action in the past few recent elections.

MG

link   
I do not know where your trying to go with this op but maybe you thought she's an illegal alien. She said she's not a citizen, that doesn't mean she's illegal. She could be a legal resident but legal residents can't vote only citizens can. I don't see no silver bullet here.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So...is she just visiting?
Voter ID Laws

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Not really, I'm curious as to how common place her residential status is and although she said she is not voting, it is not unreasonable to assume that other like-minded individuals who are also not citizens (but claim to be residents) may actually decide to vote - for them the only hindrance would be having to produce sufficient ID to vote but if that is not a legally enforceable requirement then the possibility exists for it to occur.

ETA: OK reading through some of the responses the voter ID law varies considerably. When she referred to herself as a resident of the Bay Area and then finished by saying she is not a citizen, I of course considered that she may have a restricted visa or maybe even awaiting citizenship and of course she is certainly entitled to her opinion irrespective of anything else.

The point I was making is that can this situation, in general, be used to engage in fraudulent voting?, have there been instances already observed and is it a legal requirement to identify who is and is not entitled to vote.

edit on 2-6-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Well, that explains why she does not want Trump to win and why she is willing to go to such extremes.

No first world country will survive this decade if they persist in having open borders.

Borders are there for a reason. Respect that!

P

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
-"So the primarys here in california are June 7th who are you voting for?"
"I am not voting."
-"Tell me why?"
"I'm not a Citizen."

So let me get this right, she is A non citizen of the United States. (Sorry Broke a law already there)
Obstructing a Public Thoroughfare. (misdemeanor crime)

Risking getting Arrested for the Misdemeanor, which would by law Trigger a Citizen's check, there is a public recording of her saying she is not a citizen already submersible to the courts...

Did she just dare the Government to Deport her?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Not really, I'm curious as to how common place her residential status is and although she said she is not voting, it is not unreasonable to assume that other like-minded individuals who are also not citizens (but claim to be residents) may actually decide to vote - for them the only hindrance would be having to produce sufficient ID to vote but if that is not a legally enforceable requirement then the possibility exists for it to occur.

It has been said that those who should not vote would not attract attention to themselves by voting. Seems to match up with the about Zero voting fraud incidents in at least the last 10 years.

I'm suprised you have no source, nothing other than a YT video that is against your idea. Has someone taken your account by nefarious means?
It is not an OP I would expect from you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Google will answer all your questions. If a legal resident vote it will be deported.

Voting is considered one of the most important previeleges of democracy in the U.S., as it is the right to participate in choosing elected officials. Permanent residents can vote only in local and state elections that do NOT require you to be a U.S. citizen. Never vote in national, state or local elections that require voters to be a U.S. citizen, when you are not. There are criminal penalties for voting in such cases. You can be deported from the U.S., if you vote in such elections and may lose your green card.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Other like minded individuals ? You mean other people who claim to not be citizens and are not voting? Just what do you mean by 'like minded individuals'? You seem to be condemning her here and with her all those other 'like minded individual' . You seem to be drawing conclusions here or suspicions based on what, her nationality?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
-"So the primarys here in california are June 7th who are you voting for?"
"I am not voting."
-"Tell me why?"
"I'm not a Citizen."

So let me get this right, she is A non citizen of the United States. (Sorry Broke a law already there)
Obstructing a Public Thoroughfare. (misdemeanor crime)

Risking getting Arrested for the Misdemeanor, which would by law Trigger a Citizen's check, there is a public recording of her saying she is not a citizen already submersible to the courts...

Did she just dare the Government to Deport her?

It appears she is here on a Visa. People here on a Visa for work or study are not citizens and they do no vote. I live 20 minutes from the canadian border, I can get a job there, I would need a visa of some type, but I could not vote there.

I am often in Canada in summer in a high tourist area. Someone could come up to me with a micophone and ask me a question about Canadian government. Will I vote in Canada? NO, I am not even sure when they vote.

link   
Did anyone else notice she had no discernible accent? Almost as if she is not reciently moved here but rather has been here for a long time.

link   

about Zero voting fraud incidents in at least the last 10 years

We are talking about the USA here, so, do you have a source for that stance?

Your comment amused me.

P

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Did anyone else notice she had no discernible accent? Almost as if she is not reciently moved here but rather has been here for a long time.

She could be Canadian. She could be from Europe and educated in Ameican schools.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

about Zero voting fraud incidents in at least the last 10 years

We are talking about the USA here, so, do you have a source for that stance?

Your comment amused me.

P

31 incidents since 2000

So glad to have amused you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Q: Is it a legal requirement to show Identification when you go to vote in November?

In many areas of the US it is, including in the two most important states (Ohio/Florida).

I've got some experience with this, because back in 2008 I wanted to test just how difficult it is to vote for someone twice. So I voted for Ron Paul x2. I went to my polling station and cast my vote. Then I went to the other station and stood in line for two hours. When I got to the front, the poll worker was very understanding when I acted flustered that I didn't have my ID, I told them who I said I was (which was a name I read off the printed sheet), and got to vote.

All in all, it was easy but also time consuming, and the sort of thing that would be detected if ever done en masse.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sorry, the Washington Post is not a source that can be relied on. They have their agenda, the one they are ordered to follow.

P

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My reference to like-minded is in relation to her political opinion, not her residential status. On that basis read it again and put aside everything except her political opinion when to see the words "like-minded" and then it should make sense.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join