It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect ( yeah we are sick of it) and Saddam's capture.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I distinctly remember the picture... So far none even closely resembling it. Hmmmm, cue X files music.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Saddam in the spider hole. Everyone remembers it. I can't find it though.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
*sigh*

People are just getting things confused. Human memory is FAULTY. We don't "record" events in our minds like a video camera, we piece together memories from bits of information and associations.

People probably saw this:

And this:

And a few other images and have mixed them all together in their minds. When you try to remember what you saw, you are cobbling together a bunch of images from snippets of other things.

I can hear it now...

"But so many people claim the same thing!"

Yes, it *IS* possible, and proves just how faulty human memory is. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously faulty. You can even implant false memories in people's minds and they'll swear up and down they remember the false memory.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

LOL that's not the picture at all, though it did make me laugh. I'm sure the picture exists there's got to be a reasonable explanation, I haven't looked yet but I will.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No way....

I remember that picture 100%

It was not the one Terrydon linked.

This is the Mandela effect I've been waiting for........i might be on board now.....this is weird.
edit on 1-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If this iconic picture doesn't exist it won't sit well at all with me.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yeah same here.

Some one needs to find it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

this is what it looked like except he was standing in it with his hands raised looking up and bewildered.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I like to think that all the people who notice this effect have died. Just kinda snuffed out and then the consciousness is shifted to another reality where they are still alive. Not sure whether I believe in it or not, just idle speculation on a fun subject that is interesting to me. Would tie in afterlife, and multiverse theory perhaps. Maybe conservation of energy as well.. On second thought nevermind. As soon as you bring up anything about an afterlife, the zealots always have something to say.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Yep. That's right I remember.

He should be looking up at the camera looking frightened and really scraggly..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
I distinctly remember seeing a news broadcast where they showed Saddam standing in his "spider hole" when he was captured. A google search only reveals photos of the hole, oral examination of him, him laying on the ground just after capture and his messed up hair long beard mugshot type photo.

The hole

Oral examination

Him on the ground

Crazy hair mugshoot photo

Am I the only one who remembers seeing a photo on the news of him standing up in his hole with hand raised when first caught? Further more I remember that photo being in an area with no plant life. The photo above of the hole shows plant life. The photo I remember hand a sand ground with a four foot or so brick wall ( could of been rammed earth, it was the same color as the sand) behind it as well as a house or other building. As if it was a fenced of backyard of a house.

I don't recognize these pictures except the mugshot one. But, I do remember the one you describe with him in the hole.

I don't know what else to say about that...

edit on 1/6/2016 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well now I'm officially weirded out by this. Definitly remember it without question.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think you should be looking for a video.

And the pic came from a screen cap

I'm looking for it now

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My long term memory is pretty spectacular... I seem to remember him holding a cell phone in one hand in that photo but...again...that was a while ago, even if I am excellent at remembering

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Found this 03 article that talks about the capture

Spoiler alert

The photo essay of his capture doesn't seem to be working

www.foxnews.com...
edit on pm620163010America/ChicagoWed, 01 Jun 2016 22:01:20 -0500_6000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I remember the image of Saddam in the hole described in the OP as well. Finally one we can agree upon being "missing" from record. Whether it is ME or active censorship, who knows. But something has happened here it seems.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now i am wondering if the original pic that we all saw was a fake and has been since scrubbed......weird....

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
No way....

I remember that picture 100%

It was not the one Terrydon linked.

This is the Mandela effect I've been waiting for........i might be on board now.....this is weird.

You feelin the effect bro?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Found this 03 article that talks about the capture

Spoiler alert

The photo essay of his capture doesn't seem to be working

www.foxnews.com...

You're right. It doesn't.

This is definitely cause for concern on some aspects. Photos are kept for years on the internet, I find it hard to believe that one of the most iconic captures of all time just "fell through the cracks"

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Now i am wondering if the original pic that we all saw was a fake and has been since scrubbed......weird....

Also a good point. Original capture photos could have been dramatized.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join