It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect ( yeah we are sick of it) and Saddam's capture.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I distinctly remember seeing a news broadcast where they showed Saddam standing in his "spider hole" when he was captured. A google search only reveals photos of the hole, oral examination of him, him laying on the ground just after capture and his messed up hair long beard mugshot type photo.

The hole

Oral examination

Him on the ground

Crazy hair mugshoot photo

Am I the only one who remembers seeing a photo on the news of him standing up in his hole with hand raised when first caught? Further more I remember that photo being in an area with no plant life. The photo above of the hole shows plant life. The photo I remember hand a sand ground with a four foot or so brick wall ( could of been rammed earth, it was the same color as the sand) behind it as well as a house or other building. As if it was a fenced of backyard of a house.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie
Was he looking up and out of that hole with the steel lid? That picture is in my mind but I'm not certain if it happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Am I the only one who remembers seeing a photo on the news of him standing up in his hole with hand raised when first caught?

Yeah, totally. In fact, I was just thinking of that photo when I was on the train the other day. He was looking up and had a big ole' hipster beard, looking a bit dazed.

ps - do you remember a rifle being in the frame, like off to the left?
edit on 1-6-2016 by Abysha because: ps

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Why are these things really inconsequential details that don't change day-to-day living?

It's not like I woke up one day and my dog could talk.

No, instead it's the shade of the Starbucks cup or the amount of filling in an Oreo changing.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I remember it too.
Spider hole, desert, day time, hot, dry.
I also remember his execution video

now for the sarcasm:
I hear he's running for president of Iraq again. I thought we killed him?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

He was standing in the hole, he was about waist deep, I don't remember a lid. Thinking more about it, it could of been a dramatization photo made by the news channel I saw it on but still that should show up on a google search and it does not.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused as to why there isn't a bunch of images of this very thing when you search " saddam in foxhole looking up " closest you get is after they pulled him out, not the iconic one of him looking at the camera embarrassed and possibly stoned.

I too am wondering the minor shades of reality changing or its indeed many of us misunderstanding the mind.

Either or, you had to admit, some of these things are more startling than finding out some long thought this or that was true only to have a friend or family member say otherwise.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You mean something like this one?

Link

(Google "Saddam in hole")
edit on 162016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Why are these things really inconsequential details that don't change day-to-day living?

It's not like I woke up one day and my dog could talk.

No, instead it's the shade of the Starbucks cup or the amount of filling in an Oreo changing.

I think the Mandela thing could be more about us being "lied" to through false history being created through narration.

Instead of it being different now, we are just actually seeing the truth now and shaking off the cobwebs of the facade that was.

It's all about the Frankenstein Radio Control broadcasting from the center of the Moon.
"They" have been creating our "reality" for millennia now.
Perhaps we are waking up. Maybe their signal is getting weaker.

edit on 1-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I am not one for Mandela effect but I stumbled on a capturing of Saddam documentary and watched it. I was waiting to see the photo I remembered seeing on the news of the day of his capture. It never showed. I thought that was strange, why would they not use that photo? So I googled around and could not find that photo. Which leaves me thinking WTF?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You can find the one TerryDon76 found by searching Google images " Saddam Hussein Hiding Hole "

though this still isn't the one I remember.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Link

No. The photo I remember seeing has him about waist deep in the hole with hand raised and a look of bewilderment on his face.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I, too distinctly remember the photograph.
The photo in this link is not the one.
It is indeed an iconic photo. It should by instantly searchable, maybe we are mistaken in not finding it.
Or, perhaps the State Dept. tried to "wipe" it because it was too poorly photoshopped!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Strangely, a Google Search for "Saddam's capture turns up only everything BUT the photo we are considering. I mean, there are pictures of the hole, soldiers in the hole, but not Saddam with his arms upraised in the hole.

And now that Ii consider it further, that photo made it appear as though he just poked up out of the hole, arms up, saying "I surrender!". Remember?
Well, in reality, what are the chances of this sort of Special Forces grab going down like that? Haha.
I think the photo could of been faked, so it is gone.

But the image in question as I recall was plastered on the front of all mainstream media. Surely it exists in CNN FOX etc. archives.

edit on 1-6-2016 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I remember a photo of hi in the hole. Can't recall where his hands were, but I recall the photo. Older son says he sort of remembers it, too.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Link

That's not the photo..... I too remember the media photo with his hands up, surely it's on the net somewhere.

edit on 1-6-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecapsretuo
Strangely, a Google Search for "Saddam's capture turns up only everything BUT the photo we are considering. I mean, there are pictures of the hole, soldiers in the hole, but not Saddam with his arms upraised in the hole.

And now that Ii consider it further, that photo made it appear as though he just poked up out of the hole, arms up, saying "I surrender!". Remember?
Well, in reality, what are the chances of this sort of Special Forces grab going down like that? Haha.
I think the photo could of been faked, so it is gone.

But the image in question as I recall was plastered on the front of all mainstream media. Surely it exists in CNN FOX etc. archives.

That is what I am think. It could of been a fake photo/dramatization photo but even then it should still be out there on the internet.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok, most of these things I don't agree with, but yes, I distinctly remember the Hussein in the hole picture. No doubt in my mind.
And I'm one that knew it was Berenstain Bears all along...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
While i don't hold much water for the Mandela effect topic, i do recall a picture of him in the hole. Checked a few things while im here at work and didn't notice anything. The best way is to go the library and look at the week around Dec 13th 2003 and pull the microfiche

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh yea... because they only took one set of pics .

Wtf...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join