It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence the Christian God is Evil.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Well said....

Most people are oblivious to their religion, and many other things. However, religion often has its roots deep. I believe that it is why MANY conspiracy theorists are deeply religious.

They let go of nearly everything they previously believed, but end up grabbing their deepest held beliefs more tightly than ever before.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This isnt news to anyone who has looked into the bible.

Id be more interested in seeing a verse in the bible where god, not his followers, does something truly good.
Not 1 comes to mind

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The bible is a book about God. It is about the christian God, not any others. I see where you are coming from, but the religion dictates differntly.

Also, you can get some idea of God's motives from the bible. The more friendly motive is "agape" love from God. Unconditional love. Then there is other.... seemingly insideous motives.

In most atheists point of view, there is no "your evil god", there is just a character in a book that may seem "evil".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Jesus seemed like the only true hero in the bible. Although, he did seem naive. He chose to be tortured to death because God commanded it.

It seems Jesus beleived he was doing something good for humanity. Or at least, his followers wrote that he did. The whole "died for our sins" bit.

Yet, humanity is still the same. I think jesus was decieved.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Unconditional love.

LOL! The Bible is book of conditions for the Christian God's love, and lists of punishments for not following those conditions.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think that there is a number of conditions for one to join the "kingdom of God". To be "saved", or whatever one wants to call it.

However, I think christians believe that God always has unconditional love for humanity. It's up to the person, wether or not they choose to feel God's love and be apart of it.

God can be wrathful, but he will still love the person. For example, he will love the person he sends to Hell. He has to send to Hell someone who disobey's God's commandments. The person had chosen to enlist in God's wrath and be sent to hell. The person had chosen to not be apart of God's kingdom and induldge in sin. God always loves them, but it is through their own free will that they consequently chose hell.

Yea.. I know it's wacky. I'm just trying to paint a perspective of many christian's beliefs.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

However, I think christians believe that God always has unconditional love for humanity.

Their doctrine dictates the opposite.

For example, he will love the person he sends to Hell. He has to send to Hell someone who disobey's God's commandments.

That's not love, and "God" doesn't HAVE to do anything.

Yea.. I know it's wacky. I'm just trying to paint a perspective of many christian's beliefs.

It certainly is! It's hard to understand how anyone could think that character in the Bible is "God"!
edit on 29-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anti-Christ already rules America. So no need to look at books.

You'll see more rewritten words later on.
edit on 29-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think most of the stuff Jesus pushed for in the New Testament is good. He actually did not get along with the Jewish religion that well. They did stick him on a pole and kill him remember.

Christianity is supposed to be structured off the good Jesus was promoting, not the crap in the Old Testament. The old Testament is a history book, half the stuff done in there is there to tell us what not to do. The Holy men in the Old Testament were not all in line with God. Some of that stuff in there is there to deter their culture from making the same mistakes again. You have to read the whole thing, not pick little scriptures out of it like most Christians do.

There are Churches who evaluate that stuff and promote being good and honest. The Witnesses are not bad people, the ones I know do not judge nor want what is not theirs. There are little churches all over that have good congregations too. To lump them all together is not even sensible.

Heck, right after Moses brought down the Ten Commandments and talked god into sparing the misled people, he threw the golden calf into the fire and made the people he took out of Egypt drink it then when they got sick, he had the Levites kill them all. I wonder why they say he saved these people if he killed them all. God punished Moses and he wandered around in the forests for forty years and never made it to the promised land. Shows you that Moses was being punished along with the others who went along with killing all the Jews that day. The movie never mentions that they killed everyone they saved, I guess people do not want to read the bible and if you don't read it you actually will think that the movie is real.

The devil will have you believe a lie, our ignorance can also cause you to not see the the truth.
edit on 29-5-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yet another thread bashing christianity and its god. I used to be a christian, am not anymore but i still beleive in god. The bible was written by man, man is not perfect so the book will be full of contradictions.

Back in the day people probably really beleived god was punishing them for their sins when they went through hardships, its easier to point the finger at god instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

Besides people were a whole lot more superstitious and god fearing back then, the world over. God is not evil, people are. People must of been seriously deluded to think god would of wanted half the crap they said he wanted people doing for punishment.

But as it would happen, a spiritualy advanced person came to them called jesus, taught people to love one another and forgive each other, to live in harmony. But somewhere along the line people muddled or misinterpreted his message and so people beleived he died for us all. He is our brother in spirit, equal to any of us but far more spiritually advanced.

When he taught their is no way to god but through me, he meant for people to adopt his consciousness, to eminate him and live like him.

Ahh well each to their own, the whole bible was doctored by the church anyway, and me being a former christian can atleast acknowledge all these things, and yes ive read the whole bible also.

Im not bashing any chtistian or any other persons faith though, each person must humbly find their own truth.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Morals of the Bible are admirable, but the characters-as real as they are-they are written by people, not gods.

Book of Matthew, Corinthians, revelations...not written by God. They were inspired by "god" just like young astronomers are inspired by Carl Sagans cosmos who will go on to write their own astronomical masterpieces. It's hard to understand how some folk can dismiss Mohamed and evolution but can believe a man came came back to life after three days. believe what you want but it's easier to believe in something you can see. Different strokes.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

To quote the only good line in BVS..

"If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

why isnt there a thread dedicated to this yet? im amazed no one has thought that this line was worth a debate. "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and whatnot... but then we get into the nature of "goodness" and what it means to be good and how that is affected by context and at what point a direct correlation can be drawn between goodness and power.

as someone else pointed out a while ago: if there is an entity which possesses absolute power and it decided to manipulate your life to the point that you no longer have a say in anything you do, would you know? and more importantly, is there a scenario in which this is permissible or forgivable?

edit on 29-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It certainly is! It's hard to understand how anyone could think that character in the Bible is "God"!

Well, why not? I don't believe in God, but why couldn't the God of the Bible be "the God" of existance. There is no reason why God has to be loving, logical, or even have purpose.

There is no test for the "true" God. It's just whatever one believes.

edit on 29-5-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Well, as you probably know, religion is for control. It's nothing spiritual. It's a lie that is usually injected into one's mind at a young age. Then the roots go deep.

I'm all for believing in what one can "see" or experiance. Although, I think there is something of worth with belief in the unknown. As long as one knows, it's just belief. Just an illusion.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Was done a couple days ago...was a pointless thread like most religious ones, designed to stir the pot.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: TzarChasm

Was done a couple days ago...was a pointless thread like most religious ones, designed to stir the pot.

i just think the correlation between having power and wielding it benevolently is a fascinating relationship to explore.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well, why not? I don't believe in God, but why couldn't the God of the Bible be "the God" of existance.

Here's why:

My God! It's Full of Galaxies!

There is no reason why God has to be loving, logical, or even have purpose.

I agree, to an extent. I disagree with the concept of an illogical "god".

There is no test for the "true" God. It's just whatever one believes.

Agreed. The "True God" exists in the minds and bodies of its believers.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bk2025

I haven't read the bible for at least a decade or so, but yeah the old testament is pretty brutal lol. A lot of old religious texts seem to promote violence.

They definately do, but I think the interesting question is :

"Is a God who would commit such atrocities a good god deserving of worship?"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

A couple witch/wizzard verses :

Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 20:27 - A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them.

If the bible was still taken literal in america, we'd be stoning wiccans left and right.

Yup

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
This isnt news to anyone who has looked into the bible.

Id be more interested in seeing a verse in the bible where god, not his followers, does something truly good.
Not 1 comes to mind

Excellent point!! That deserves a thread!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join