It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence the Christian God is Evil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I don't care who supports it or pointed it out they are wrong. Try doing your own study .

Try searching the word to see if what they teach is true. I ave heard all this before and when I sought it out they were wrong just as you are in this matter. God id not support slavery he gave conditions for it because historically societies traded in servants.

There is a twisting of the word going on here to the destruction of the hearers (this case readers), try once again putting everything into historical context and the immediate context for Israel.

As far as what Paul wrote, no he never once told people to buy or sell slaves, he never condoned as something we should be after. He just instructed those BELIEVERS who were servants and those BELIEVERS who were masters. He didn't tell them they couldn't but he also didn't say the could have servants or be a servant. That is where you are wrong.

Add the contextual verse of Paul's writings to your post and it will reveal what I say is true. It is always easy to say the Bible teaches this or that when you take verses our of context. many people and groups do that they divorce the verse form all historical and immediate context and create a teaching that is false. Just like you did say god is evil because he promoted slavery and he never did.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Who did you research it from?

Was it a Christian source?

If so, how convenient Christians sources think early Christians Jews had some awesome liberal form of slavery...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

yeah my AV Bible nothing more nothing less.

I heard some men teach that God was evil in that he allowed Slavery was one on their list. But there were other claims as well. I checked their teaching to the Bible but they were wrong, like you it was out of historical and immediate context.

Paul said, the Bereans were more noble than the Thessalonians because they searched the scriptures to see what Paul was teaching was true.

So I follow that example and so should anyone else listening to anyone preaching and teaching about the Bible.

Again, many people both Christians and non-Christians historically at that time had servants. And at the time of the Apostles and Paul many had servants before they got saved. Hence the teaching of Paul about the behavior of servants and Masters and their relationships to one another as brothers and as one or the other not being saved.

Context is everything.

edit on 30-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The bible is not a list of what you can do.

It is a list of what you cannot do.

So really any "evil" thing the bible doesn't ban, it allows.

At least that is the way the bible is and has been interpreted by all the big churches.

I think that's a good point as well...

You are going to lay down your "top ten timeless rules to live by"(the Ten Commandments) and you waste 4 commandments saying the same thing?!?!?

God left off rape, child molestation, incest, slavery, exc in favor or 4 commandments saying :

"Put no other God before me."

Really for all the praise the Ten Commandments get, they sure are inefficient as hell!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Then why would you knowingly follow a monster..at least the average Christian is ignorant of the reality, and buys into the whole " God is love" stuff...or I guess only love stuff.

You have no idea of what evil truly is and why evil was created. I also know that you do not understand what Christianity truly is. God is love and God is hate. God has mercy and God has great vengeance. God gives everlasting life and God destroys. You have no idea of who you are playing the game with. Don't be foolish. You fight a losing game.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

While the Bible may have prohibitions of things one should not do, it also has commands of what one should do as well.

Just because you don't see something banned in the Bible does not mean it allowed it. Just because the ten commandments did not prohibit an act does not mean God condoned it.

here is a verse that says what happens when a man rapes a woman. Now remember that in those days Historically most women were given in prearranged marriages even while the woman was still a girl.

De 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
You see God did not promote rape or condone it. The sad thing is historically women were not as equal to men. that is a modern thought. So an unbetrothed woman who is raped the rapist had only to pay restitution.

De 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
This is why context is important.

Now concerning incest it is clear God did not promote it or condone it. Now keep in mind while the scriptures do not use vulgar terms like sex or incest thatis the context of these verses.

De 22:30 A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.
Le 18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it [is] thy father's nakedness.
Le 18:11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she [is] thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
Le 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
De 22:30 A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.
De 27:20 Cursed [be] he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.
1Co 5:1 ¶ It is reported commonly [that there is] fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
Le 18:9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, [whether she be] born at home, or born abroad, [even] their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
Le 18:11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she [is] thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

While God does not allow homosexuality he also tells us that those who practice such do so because they have failed to retain God in their minds and hearts. If a man lay with another man then they have done a despicable thing in the sight of all men

Le 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Le 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Nor shall mankind have sex with animals. the ten commandments don't ban it but you will find it in the law

Le 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

You must understand it is not god who is at fault but all the things you claimed God did not banned were allowed by the peoples of the world, mankind has been doing these things for millennium this is why God condemns the world

Le 18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
look at the context and you shall see what I have shown you is true.

Don't rely on men to teach you. Get an AV Bible sit down and ask God our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to show you the truth as you read the scriptures. Don't look for contradictions, or errors ask him to show you TRUTH.

edit on 30-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I heard some men teach that God was evil in that he allowed Slavery was one on their list. But there were other claims as well. I checked their teaching to the Bible but they were wrong, like you it was out of historical and immediate context.

Paul said, the Bereans were more noble than the Thessalonians because they searched the scriptures to see what Paul was teaching was true.

So I follow that example and so should anyone else listening to anyone preaching and teaching about the Bible.

Again, many people both Christians and non-Christians historically at that time had servants. And at the time of the Apostles and Paul many had servants before they got saved. Hence the teaching of Paul about the behavior of servants and Masters and their relationships to one another as brothers and as one or the other not being saved.

Context is everything.

So your personal opinion based off of repeatedly edited source material?!?!

Compared to actual archeologists and historians who have studied the relevant anchient cultures?!??

See that's the reason Christianity will "die" (be too small to make up a voting block) with in the next couple generations..

As science improves and we better understand our universe and history, Christians choose to deny any contradictory evidence and attempt to rewrite history..

Because science and archeology are based on repeatable verifiable evidence, it's really easy to prove sciences case, while making Christianity look corrupt and nonsensical...

That's the reason for the mass exodus of young Christians right now, and since Christianity is still pushing the same tired lies. You can expect for that mass exodus to continue.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I never claimed the Hebrews were unique in their practicing of slavery, quit the contrary..

I said the Hebrews kept the same kind of slaves as everyone else. The Roman kind of slavery, which was no different from the American side.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well I used the scriptures to check what you say makes God evil and yet you reject them.

Many Christians don't own slaves today, there may be some strange group in Africa or something that do but far and large most do not.

the Past is past we are in today.

You claims were refuted by the Word of God and I showed you did did not condone rape, incest and other acts that the Ten commandments did not mention. Which was the basis of your claims that because certain acts weren't prohibited in the ten then he allowed or condoned those acts. But the scriptures say other words.

Then instead of reading the context of those verses you drift of subject and falsely say I used a highly edited source materials, but in fact I posted complete Bible verses on the subject at hand which would be easy for you to go tot hose sections and read them in context and see what was shared was not edited out of context as you have done in your OP.

You practice the 3 D's of disinformation dismiss, distract and demean.

I shake the dust from my feet and go my way.

May the Lord bless your reading of his word and give you a heart after his truth.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well I used the scriptures to check what you say makes God evil and yet you reject them.

Many Christians don't own slaves today, there may be some strange group in Africa or something that do but far and large most do not.

the Past is past we are in today.

You claims were refuted by the Word of God and I showed you did did not condone rape, incest and other acts that the Ten commandments did not mention. Which was the basis of your claims that because certain acts weren't prohibited in the ten then he allowed or condoned those acts. But the scriptures say other words.

Then instead of reading the context of those verses you drift of subject and falsely say I used a highly edited source materials, but in fact I posted complete Bible verses on the subject at hand which would be easy for you to go tot hose sections and read them in context and see what was shared was not edited out of context as you have done in your OP.

You practice the 3 D's of disinformation dismiss, distract and demean.

I shake the dust from my feet and go my way.

May the Lord bless your reading of his word and give you a heart after his truth.

Never said Christians did own slaves today, I am only commenting on the religious texts concerning gods actions and orders to man.

99.9% of Christians have never read the whole bible most don't know more then a few verses of it.

They cherry pick the good stuff and discard the bad, however the bad still remains. So it makes criticizing your average Muslim for the atrocities of Islam the height of hypocracy.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Where did you show me the bible doesn't back rape, slavery, incest, exc?

I'll go back and check to see if I missed it...

Cause I posted more then a few backing them AND a quote from Jesus saying the Old Testament laws do still apply.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm agnostic so here's my questions...

Who is God?

Do you know his motives?

Is the bible an accurate description of god and his motives? who knows.

The bible is a book about his followers, not God himself. Do people believe in Hephaestus? Athena? Was mount Olympus truly crafted by the gods? Some Christians would call that mythology yet defend their beliefs in God. What if God was Zeus? Christianity is just as mythological as any ancient legends. According to god the world will end, but so does science. The sun will expand and consume our planet and the heat death of the universe will end all life in the universe and your "evil" god will have nothing to do with it.

except that Christian belief is that the bible is the word of god and therefore infallible... other than that small detail...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Context is everything.

So you personally don't think servant means slave because you don't feel like it does?!?!?!

Your post is totally nonsensical. The text clearly states all the stuff previously QUOTED but you don't think it means that because why??

How can you read the word servant (which means slave) and yet just decide it means what you want rather than what it says....

While you have your own personal feelings on the word servant and on the type of slavery used by Hebrews in the first century. Every PHD historian on the planet, people who actually did archeology digs and thesis level research on the subject disagree completely...

No real academic (who is not a creationist) doubts the type of slavery mentioned and allowed in the bible is the Roman brand of slavery.

I'm not surprised that you would deny the mountain of evidence independently found over centuries of scientific research. It's par for the course for Christianity, and again the reason it doesn't last another century... Not as a notable percent of the population..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

There is a difference between a slave and a servant

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

edit on 1-6-2016 by Nickisup13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Im sorry. I just find it really strange you use the word impertinence and even appalled for that matter, but you spelled disgusting incorrectly.
a reply to: coomba98

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I know excactly what Christianity is...

It is the worlds most brilliant control mechanism.

Christianity Convinced the people to send them money and do whatever the Church tells them. All for some imagainary being who is totally illogical and the there is zero evidence for.

All without a single hidden camera..the idiot sheep police each other.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

There is a difference between a slave and a servant

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

How does ANY bible verse trump the way we know slavery was practiced by both the Hebrews, Romans and first century Christians?

How does your very vague quotes trump the list of half a dozen biblical quotes in the OP that specifically say pro slavery things AND that Jesus did not remove the OT law????

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickisup13
Im sorry. I just find it really strange you use the word impertinence and even appalled for that matter, but you spelled disgusting incorrectly.
a reply to: coomba98

Yeah im human, and type like a bat out of hell, plus was typing in anger on that one. The only time Padawan has made me do that.

Apologies i should have picked up on that. Seems like a stupid spelling mistake to me.

Coomba98

edit on 1-6-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think the Bible shows that humans are greedy, nasty like brats, split into tribal factions that made the storyline tag "God gave it to me" or "The devil made me do it" to justify every action and reaction of entitlement or ownerships.

That's all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join