It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence the Christian God is Evil.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: JoshuaCox

To quote the only good line in BVS..

"If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

why isnt there a thread dedicated to this yet? im amazed no one has thought that this line was worth a debate. "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and whatnot... but then we get into the nature of "goodness" and what it means to be good and how that is affected by context and at what point a direct correlation can be drawn between goodness and power.

as someone else pointed out a while ago: if there is an entity which possesses absolute power and it decided to manipulate your life to the point that you no longer have a say in anything you do, would you know? and more importantly, is there a scenario in which this is permissible or forgivable?

The universe isn't all good, nor all evil. It is unemotional chaos. So obviously a creation is always a reflection of its creator...

Meaning God, if he existed would be chaotic neutral in DND terms...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

haha, i like how you worded that. but "chaotic neutral" isnt reassuring in philosophical terms, and philosophy is supposed to be reassuring to us sentimental creatures.
edit on 29-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nothing like Islam for example:

Paul Weston slaps David Cameron on Islam

Seems to be land of the Free and Equal northern hemisphere citizens that got the true message of Love, Peace, Service To Others, Kindness that are the hallmarks of Christianity, whether you walk as a fundamentalist in those footsteps or are gnostic like I am and see the metaphor and our Spiritual Way back home, it makes little difference.

It's still the way back home for those who who see the inner Love and Message.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

It's the weekend, shouldn't you be socializing?

(message was sent to me from her 5 minutes ago on my Demiurge thread)

Christian hypocrisy at it finest. Make Yahweh proud Gemmy!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

your first three verse have to do with Israel in their land having/owning/and treating slaves.

The last three about those who are slaves who become Christians and how they are to act.

but most of all you label them all Christian but those verse concerning Israel are not for Christians. But I guess if we did have slaves those verses could be applicable in some sense. But seeing today slavery is illegal no application.

Islam has slaves today. they sell Christians as slaves so the last three verses would apply to them. The reason for those last three verses is found in the context of the verse which you have removed to fit your narrative.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

your first three verse have to do with Israel in their land having/owning/and treating slaves.

The last three about those who are slaves who become Christians and how they are to act.

but most of all you label them all Christian but those verse concerning Israel are not for Christians. But I guess if we did have slaves those verses could be applicable in some sense. But seeing today slavery is illegal no application.

Islam has slaves today. they sell Christians as slaves so the last three verses would apply to them. The reason for those last three verses is found in the context of the verse which you have removed to fit your narrative.

Everything you said is incorrect.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Any god who is jealous is probably a bad master. I've been in relationships with jealous and vengeful people. Didn't end well.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

How do those verses apply to Islam when it didn't even exist.

I sense some anti-Muslim sentiments if you say crap like that.

Muslims do not sell Christians. That is a lie you are saying because you think ISIS=Islam.

News flash: Muslims HATE ISIS.

When Isis was persecuting Christians in Iraq their Muslim neighbors did many things to help them even taking them in their homes after they were destroyed.

You have a bad world view.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan

How do those verses apply to Islam when it didn't even exist.

I sense some anti-Muslim sentiments if you say crap like that.

Muslims do not sell Christians. That is a lie you are saying because you think ISIS=Islam.

News flash: Muslims HATE ISIS.

When Isis was persecuting Christians in Iraq their Muslim neighbors did many things to help them even taking them in their homes after they were destroyed.

You have a bad world view.

Muslims adhere to the OT as well...

Maybe not meaning they are responsible, but neither are Christians RESPONSIBLE...

That said (exactly like Christians) they choose to follow a morally ambiguous (at best) deity.

So I think there is plenty of blame to share amongst the big 3.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here is a good one.

The vow of Jephthah

The spirit of Yahweh came on Jephthah...

And Jephthah made a vow to Yahweh, " If you deliver the Ammonites into my hands, then the first PERSON to meet me from the door of my house when I return in triumph from fighting the Ammonites shall belong to Yahweh, and I will offer him up as a holocaust. "

Yahweh accepts this promise of human sacrifice and delivers the Ammonites into his hands.

The first person to meet Jephthah is his daughter!!!. He gives her two months and sacrifices her.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Muslims do not adhere to the Old Testament whatsoever.

Only the Quran and Hadith.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

Told you they would get you .

But to answer your question the verse have to do with slaves owned by others, not muslims themselves but the slaves.

Slavery is condoned by Islam.

no anti-islam just pointing out they have and sell slaves today

Islam was selling slaves long before ISIS. Many Islamist as well a African tribes sold slaves to the Dutch in North Africa that were shipped to America for sale.

Seems your world view warped if you don't see the truth about Islam and some of its practices

edit on 29-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I hate Yahweh. I am so glad I'm not a Christian anymore.

I like Christ, I do not like Christians. 95% of the time.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What is a Chester? Is that like a friar?

I only ask because the term has a certain connotation to it that is not good.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It is their revered holy book, all 3 big religions really..

It is the guy they are saying to worship, who purposefully did these atrocities, FROM THEIR POV!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

my question is why you don't see them?

All of Genesis chapter one is of a good God doing things that are good.

I understand some would not like a God who favors one man over another. But he did take Enoch who walked with him and he did not die and entered heaven for God had taken him. That was a good thing.

He gave increase of wisdom to Solomon to that unlike any other man ever, and made him the riches man ever. I tried to figure out how much gold Solomon had collected and as close as I could get was about 8 Olympic size swimming pools full. That is a pretty good God.

A God who knew we were wretched sin filled people who could never do good enough to get to heaven. Lets his son die as a substitute for you and me so we could go to heaven by faith on his son. That seems like a pretty good God to me.

And that is just to name a few. You see, you just didn't have the eyes of your heart open to see them. Try going back and rereading the Bible and when you do ask God to open your eyes to his goodness.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I like the books of Enoch.

The God of the OT is inferior to the Most High God that is who he is jealous of.

He isn't good.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

It is my real birth first and middle name. sorry I wont tell you my last name.

the two names together mean John's encampment or fort.

Our family comes from Scotland and were enslaved by the Romans and English. The name Chester has been handed down for many many generations. My family was sent as indentured servants to America in the early 1700's. they have spread from their original landing in Virginia and have large numbers there and in North Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, & Illinois up until the 1930's when the families broke up and moved around the states in search of jobs.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SzarahI see you had this user account prepared before they banned your other one.

Good luck with that.

The Enoch I mention is not the author of those books.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: SzarahI see you had this user account prepared before they banned your other one.

Good luck with that.

The Enoch I mention is not the author of those books.

That isn't true, trust me.

Enoch doesn't have to be the author, just the subject. It is oral tradition that got written down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join