It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence the Christian God is Evil.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
While debating Christianity in another thread, I was asked to post examples of evil bible verses. While looking them up I was semi amazed at how many there actually are, so here is the beginning of a list of all the bible verses that prove christianities God is not all good..

To quote the only good line in BVS..

"If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

Deuteronomy 20:10-15 – When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Leviticus 25:44-46 – Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Colossians 3:22-24 – "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Ephesians 6:5 - "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

1 Peter 2:18 - "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

1 Timothy 6:1 - "1 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered."

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I got a good chuckle out of this, thanks for posting these sections SnF

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I like the way you offer only one verse, context to the slavery issue
Now also remember that the bible is talking to christians
Your efforts in my opinion are very lazy and self promoting

You ignore more than you post

As for the OT verses, yep, God won't suffer evil, no question
Prepare for a future not unlike the past

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

God's wallet is the one that says "bad mother#r"

Ezekiel 25:17

"I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.'"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Joshua, you seem to have this fixation on Atheism as if you were needed to Enlighten Those who Have no beliefs, specifically of GOD

As I posted on another of the threads you posted on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I like the way you offer only one verse, context to the slavery issue
Now also remember that the bible is talking to christians
Your efforts in my opinion are very lazy and self promoting

You ignore more than you post

As for the OT verses, yep, God won't suffer evil, no question
Prepare for a future not unlike the past

Considering there are HUNDREDS of morally questionable bible verses and I specifically said "a start" to the list. I'm expecting others to post "evil" verses as well.

This list was just a start.

I'm assuming you are elluding to the whole "Jesus threw out all the OT laws" myth. I think Matthew might disagree with you...

Matthew 5:17-19 – "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Ole Matthew clearly states that is not the case..

So what did all the children of the phillistines and pre flood population do that was evil enough to deserve death??

Isn't incest considered evil? Cause he told Noah to incest humanity into existence...

Both pretty obviously evil...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Joshua, you seem to have this fixation on Atheism as if you were needed to Enlighten Those who Have no beliefs, specifically of GOD

As I posted on another of the threads you posted on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nope, just like pointing out propaganda...

If more than .00001% of Christians had actually read the whole bible (as they have Harry Potter) then preachers wouldn't be able to omit the bad stuff allowing for all the correct, but incredibly hypocritical Muslim bashing and "God is love" type BS.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

God's wallet is the one that says "bad mother#r"

Ezekiel 25:17

"I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.'"

And by vengence he means:

"Dared to not believe in me, when their was zero evidence of my existence..they deserve to DIE!!"

Lol

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If anyone is interested I'm a pretty fair master. I will pay your family a lump sum of $48 (2$ of which is a 2$ bill, so tell them not to spend it!) and make sure you are fed the finest of organic, non-gmo foods. (gotta protect my investments after all)

Taking any and all applications today!

** seaswine's slavery is an equal Oppurtunity enslaver. We do not descriminate against age, Race, sex, sexual orientation including LGBT (but not Q. Any fan of star trek knows you do not trust a Q. Sorry) or intellect.**

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Sir, if youre looking to the Abrahamic faiths for words of kindness and warmth, you will find them but theyll be wrapped in a lot of bloodshed.

I mean ALL of the Abrahamic faiths, not just one in particular.

It should actually serve as a reason for Jews, Christians and Moslems to come together. A commonality that their religious texts, taken as a whole, without picking and choosing, are incredibly flawed.

With the exception of highlighting the hypocrisy, its incredibly pointless to argue over which text is more flawed/violent.

For the purposes of debunking religious stereotypes and to help people realize that none of the Abrahamic religions have a moral leg to stand on, I'll refer you to this thread:

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran.

However, never forget the lesson which you have learned today.

Now be humbled and go in peace.

I'm out.

edit on 29-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
And on the 8th day he said, "LET THERE BE DOUBLE POST"
edit on 29-5-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Sir, if youre looking to the Abrahamic faiths for words of kindness and warmth, you will find them but theybe wrapped in a lot of bloodshed.

Yup

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

LGBT
Liquor, Guns, Bewbs, and Tobacco??

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Fine by me so long as my "common sense" gun rules are abided by.

1. Do not use guns to kill master or perform any other mutinous activities.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I haven't read the bible for at least a decade or so, but yeah the old testament is pretty brutal lol. A lot of old religious texts seem to promote violence.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If you read the Hidden Hand files, it says that Jesus was just one of many creators, and that he got way out of line and the other creators/Gods were very upset with him. He did not want us to have free will, because he was afraid his creation would turn on him, which they did.. This is where the apple incident comes into play. This made him very angry.

Take that with a grain of salt but it does coincide with the bible in how he was a jealous God, wanting us as pets worshiping him, unable to go our own ways to fulfill our human nature and destiny by the law of free will. The RA material says some things about this too I believe.

iTruthSeeker

edit on 29-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ever read the Comic Book Preacher? One of the comic book's main antagonist is the Christian God. The Christian God is portrayed a narcissist Cosmic being that tortured humans in the name of love.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A couple witch/wizzard verses :

Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 20:27 - A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them.

If the bible was still taken literal in america, we'd be stoning wiccans left and right.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The old testament is a mix of the mythology and history of the Hebrew people. Not unlike other nations have done before and after them. They were a merciless and conquering people, who used their "god" as an excuse for their atrocities. Neither, Hitler, Stalin, nor Pol Pot, could ever have hoped to match the old testament Jews for shear brutality and wanton wholesale slaughter of innocent people.

Even the atrocities committed in the name of Christ over the last two millennia fall far shy of their predecessors, unless you want to count subterfuge, cunning, suppression, and oppression, then Christianity is the all time King, surpassing anyone in history, up to the present.

ETA: The Dark Bible

edit on 5/29/2016 by Klassified because: formatting

edit on 5/29/2016 by Klassified because: forgot to add link

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm agnostic so here's my questions...

Who is God?

Do you know his motives?

Is the bible an accurate description of god and his motives? who knows.

The bible is a book about his followers, not God himself. Do people believe in Hephaestus? Athena? Was mount Olympus truly crafted by the gods? Some Christians would call that mythology yet defend their beliefs in God. What if God was Zeus? Christianity is just as mythological as any ancient legends. According to god the world will end, but so does science. The sun will expand and consume our planet and the heat death of the universe will end all life in the universe and your "evil" god will have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join